Meet The Robinsons

ISTCrew20

I went and saw it in 3D over at PI. People were screaming and clapping at the end of 'Working For Peanuts'. It was too cool.

I thought the movie itself was terrific. I am one of those who try to figure out the entire plot before it is all explained, but I was still surprised at the end. It's a very touching story, and I went with a friend who was adopted and just found her birth mother, so the movie was very close to her.

A terrific movie all the way through. I loved how quick it was. You had to take a few breaths to catch up.

And I have a question. Before the movie, they showed the preview for Nightmare Before Christmas 3D, like they did last October. It said it will be coming to theaters in Disney Digital 3D. Are they releasing it again?! I loved seeing it in 3D originally last year, but I heard it did terrible at the box office. I find it weird they would release it again.

Scar Junior

Hmmm...that's odd, no one has brought up the Aladdin tribute/rip off (call it what you want, but it smacked me in head when it happened).

I was thinking about the license plate...it could be that they plan on releasing the next 2D film on February 3rd. Who knows.... ya know 2-03.

I dont remember the aladdin tribute? care to refresh my memory?

dandaman

... :lol:

Not the best movie, but it had a lot of moments. The "reversing the future" thing was a little odd, but I liked the fact that they didn't show ALL the good parts in the previews. (Meatball shooter anime, anyone? :lol: )

I'm sure at least a few of you noticed Walt on Lewis' orphanage wall. However... did you catch (what I think is) Walt's dad right next to him? Nice touch.

"Boat Builders" was a heartwarming addition of nostalgia, too. :D

The Aladdin tribute/rip off...still not sure was after the dino chase and Louis? / Lewis?....whatever... is sitting by himself and the Bowler Hat Guy starts talking and then appears with his time machine. If you watch and analyze (which I always unfortunately do ...:( ) the scene is extremely similar to the one in Aladdin where he is talking to Jasmine while floating on the Magic Carpet (right before a whole new world)...the positions are flipped with Bowler Hat Guy being on the right aboard his time machine/magic carpet. He also does the "Do you trust me" hand extension. It hit me and I couldn't believe at how close to the Aladdin scene it was.

Also, did anyone see the Jungle Book and Toy Story 2 signs in the movie?? These puppies are located in the baseball field behind Goob on the fence. The Jungle Book one receives more screen time as it is left of a semi-sleeping Goob. He actually stands in front of the TS2 one...but it does pop up in two scenes.

and yes....Goob (with his small up-turned nose) looks just like the Kleenex commercial people.

drew81

The Aladdin tribute/rip off...still not sure was after the dino chase and Louis? / Lewis?....whatever... is sitting by himself and the Bowler Hat Guy starts talking and then appears with his time machine. If you watch and analyze (which I always unfortunately do ...:( ) the scene is extremely similar to the one in Aladdin where he is talking to Jasmine while floating on the Magic Carpet (right before a whole new world)...the positions are flipped with Bowler Hat Guy being on the right aboard his time machine/magic carpet. He also does the "Do you trust me" hand extension. It hit me and I couldn't believe at how close to the Aladdin scene it was.

Also, did anyone see the Jungle Book and Toy Story 2 signs in the movie?? These puppies are located in the baseball field behind Goob on the fence. The Jungle Book one receives more screen time as it is left of a semi-sleeping Goob. He actually stands in front of the TS2 one...but it does pop up in two scenes.

and yes....Goob (with his small up-turned nose) looks just like the Kleenex commercial people.

I saw the Toy Story/Jungle Book signs.

slacker

This movie was sooo good! seriously, wow!
I was expecting it to be like Chicken Little.. which i didn't really enjoy at all. But no, it is definitely one of my favourites.
Also, I got the soundtrack today which is almost as awesome as the movie. It has There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow on it done by They Might Be Giants.. seriously, so good. Not to mention Danny Elfman did the score, and his music is always awesome.
Now i just have to work on seeing in 3D. right on.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm kind of surprised no one else has posted this hidden Mickey....

The sheet music when the music teacher is conducting the frogs

Great movie, we really enjoyed it. I was near tears at the Walt quote at the end. I want to see it again so that I can look for other Disney/Pixar references. Gaston was a good reference, and I'll definitely be looking for the others mentioned here (and any others I can find ;) ). We got in late, due in part to the ticket machine being down (they only had one open), so I missed all the previews (New Ratatouille preview???? NOOOOO!!!!) and part of 'Boat Builders'. Next time we'll catch it all. :)

Connor002

Hmm, I only saw it once, and won't deny that I was a bit distracted by the 3d at times (because of the astounding quality, not for otherwise), but I didn't care for the movie that much.

ImaYoyo

Another one is the Frozone Character Model that is seen twice. It's first seen in the Bubble Scene where Lewis is first brought to the future, he is wearing a red sweater and passes by in one of the bubbles. The second is in the credits.

Darth Plank

I saw it but I thought it was going to be better than TMNT and it was a good movie but not better than TMNT. I liked it when Frankie was copying the Bowler Hat Guy.

Figment571

Hmmm just got back from a cruise and they had it on there. It kind of seems like that the mind reading machine was almost representative of Snow White and the 7 dwarfs as Cornelius references it as "the one that started it all". You know it's not the fanciest or prettiest looking but it is most important. Just my thoughts.

Are we sure it's Frozone in the movie....he's a Pixar character and they would've had to completely import his character model into Disneys animation software - which isn't what Pixar uses, since Pixar develops their own software.

Maybe he just kinda looked like Frozone? I'll have to wait to see it again to check it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom