Maya Grill - How is it?

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I am looking at alternatives to Ohana for my August trip. I really want to branch out and try other places in the world. What is the story on Maya Grill? How is the food and service? I am more interested in their tex-mex options and definitely the fried ice cream.

75disney

We ate there on our last trip. We were staying at CSR and wanted a sit down meal on our arrival day but we were getting in too late to travel to another resort. So we ate at Maya Grill. It was one of the best meals that we had our entire vacation! Loved it! We got the fajitas for two. It came with steak that was so flavorful and tender it practically melted in my mouth. My husband really enjoyed the shrimp that also came with it. And my DDs we're fighting over who got the last piece of chicken. One of my DDs got the children's tacos and she said they were the best she ever had. The portion size was very large. Our waiter was very attentive and he brought us extra tortillas and salsa (they are complimentary) because we enjoyed them so much. Dessert portion was huge. We didn't enjoy the fried ice cream but that is just a personal thing. The churros were good. The atmosphere was pretty and soothing. Loved the guitar player who played during dinner. We would definitely eat here again even if we are not staying at the resort.

GeekDad

My wife and I ate a dinner and breakfast there on our honeymoon in 2010. Both meals were really good and the service was great. Neither time was real busy so it made for a quiter meal then all the others we had in the parks or at some of the other resorts.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
We ate there on our last trip. We were staying at CSR and wanted a sit down meal on our arrival day but we were getting in too late to travel to another resort. So we ate at Maya Grill. It was one of the best meals that we had our entire vacation! Loved it! We got the fajitas for two. It came with steak that was so flavorful and tender it practically melted in my mouth. My husband really enjoyed the shrimp that also came with it. And my DDs we're fighting over who got the last piece of chicken. One of my DDs got the children's tacos and she said they were the best she ever had. The portion size was very large. Our waiter was very attentive and he brought us extra tortillas and salsa (they are complimentary) because we enjoyed them so much. Dessert portion was huge. We didn't enjoy the fried ice cream but that is just a personal thing. The churros were good. The atmosphere was pretty and soothing. Loved the guitar player who played during dinner. We would definitely eat here again even if we are not staying at the resort.

Thanks. I have had the fried ice cream at the Mexico pavillion on the old menu and it was simply amazing. How was it made at Maya Grill? There was not a description online when I looked.

75disney

Thanks. I have had the fried ice cream at the Mexico pavillion on the old menu and it was simply amazing. How was it made at Maya Grill? There was not a description online when I looked.
I don't know how the fried ice cream is made. If I am not mistaken, the same company operates the Maya Grill and the restaurant in the Mexican pavilion so I would imagine it would be similar.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I don't know how the fried ice cream is made. If I am not mistaken, the same company operates the Maya Grill and the restaurant in the Mexican pavilion so I would imagine it would be similar.

Thank you. I may visit CSR and see if I can do a walk in during my vacation. I hope they do not mind that I only want the fried ice cream.

wannabeBelle

Yes!!!! Definitely make this a stop in your vacation. I have had the fajitas and they were great. Also I indulged on one vacation and had the sangria along with dinner. It is supposed to be grandma's recipe. If that is true, Granny knows how to party, let me tell you!!! Excellent location, great food etc. You wont be disappointed!! Marie

disney4life2008

Original Poster
We were there in 2013 and again in July. It was outstanding, easily one of the best meals we had @WDW. Highly recommend.

Yes!!!! Definitely make this a stop in your vacation. I have had the fajitas and they were great. Also I indulged on one vacation and had the sangria along with dinner. It is supposed to be grandma's recipe. If that is true, Granny knows how to party, let me tell you!!! Excellent location, great food etc. You wont be disappointed!! Marie

Thank you - I am excited to try something new. How were the fajitas? I read that unlike most places they do not come out on a sizzling plate but rather in a cup?

wannabeBelle

Thank you - I am excited to try something new. How were the fajitas? I read that unlike most places they do not come out on a sizzling plate but rather in a cup?
The shrimp ones I had most recently were in a little baking dish, I guess you could call it a cup. They had the cheese over it and melted so I guess this is just to keep everything neat. I really don't recall about the rest of the stuff, but I do remember it was really good!!! Marie

disney4life2008

Original Poster
The shrimp ones I had most recently were in a little baking dish, I guess you could call it a cup. They had the cheese over it and melted so I guess this is just to keep everything neat. I really don't recall about the rest of the stuff, but I do remember it was really good!!! Marie

Thanks Marie. I am looking forward to experiencing Maya Grill.

75disney

I will have to try that sangria on a future visit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom