May Or October??

EnchantedPrincess

Hello, We want to stay at Polynesian. We are having trouble deciding between going in MAy 1-8 or October 8-13. I don't know which would be more crowded? Also we have 2 DC, Ds will be 2 end of May and DD will be 6 soon. I don't know if 6 months would make a difference as far as DS enjoying the parks a little more. I hate to wait until October, but my DD has fall break then. Also I heard there will be a large convention the same week in Oct. I can't decide any suggestions would be great! Thanks, Nichole

Cliffordsmon

If you choose Oct. you can look forward to MNSSHP and the Food Festival. In May you have the Flower Festival. This may not thrill your children but might be nice for you. Also, booking that far ahead you have a chance of getting the resort you want.

Crowds at the beginning of May or October are not bad except on weekends.
There may still be schools still making their trips during May that in my experience doesn't happen that much in the fall.

Upvote 0

executivechef

I've posted my opinion a few times on this...lol
Our family just love May vacations at Disney World. The weather is perfect, the crowds are very light.
Last May it was a little busy. We went down May 5th, the very same day Soaring opened. Although it was very busy at EPCOT, the other parks were not all that bad. I believe our longest wait was about 15 minutes. Soaring on the other hand was over an hour.
We'll be there again this May. I hope my post helped in some small way. If you need to ask me any questions, feel free to contact me. I'll be more than happy to share more.
Guy

Upvote 0

EnchantedPrincess

Original Poster
Thank you for posting so quickly. I really want to go in May, but Dh wants to wait so our DS will be just a bit older in October. I don't think it will make much difference though. Nichole

Upvote 0

lynnedenzil

Clifford'smon said:
If you choose Oct. you can look forward to MNSSHP and the Food Festival. In May you have the Flower Festival. This may not thrill your children but might be nice for you. Also, booking that far ahead you have a chance of getting the resort you want.

Crowds at the beginning of May or October are not bad except on weekends.
There may still be schools still making their trips during May that in my experience doesn't happen that much in the fall.

This is going to seem really silly and show how daft I am but what does MNSSHP stand for???? I bet it's really obvious but I just can't think?!!!

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

Mad Stitch said:
May also has Star Wars Weekends at MGM if that makes a difference to you.

Star Wars Weekends are awesome but don't start until later in May.

So, the question is which is better, May or Oct. The correct answer is "Yes"! Go both times!

I'll be there during the first part of May (arriving the 4th and leaving the 13th).

For crowd levels, check out www.touringplans.com. Click on "Updated Crowd Calendar". As you will see, it will show that October is slightly better than May for crowds. The calendar will not only tell you the expected crowd levels by the day, it will also suggest which parks to avoid and which to go to in order to experience the lowest crowds. Their data is backed up by years of research.

If I had to choose one over the other, I'd choose October. The weather is milder but still warm enough for the pools and the water parks. Plus, MNSSHP has been one of the best experiences I've had at Disney.

Upvote 0

imamouse

These are my 2 favorite months to visit WDW, or 3 if you add Dec. I've gone May and Oct in the same year and enjoyed them both. I've noticed a trend toward Oct being more crowded in May - possibly due to fall breaks and the Columbus Day w/e. Of course, as others have posted, Oct has the advantage of MNSSHP, but there's something about early May at WDW that I love. Oh yes - that would be the lack of crowds. All of the spring breaks are over, so the crowds are thin. I have photos in the theme parks with no one else in the background that were taken in May.

Upvote 0

wdwpooh1027

dont forget...

Both months are pretty good...I know that the beginning of May wont be as crowded cause school isn't quite out yet...at least not here in s. fl.

If u chose to go in Oct. remember this is florida and it is more than a chance of having a hurricane...or 2....or 3....or 4. So think wisely before u make reservations.

I prefer to go in May only because it isnt as hot and not to many crowds and of course no hurricanes. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom