Trip Report May 7-14 Trip Report

seems like Disney gets a bad wrap from time to time on the state of the WDW resort. I must say, we just returned from what can easily be described as 8 of the best days of my life with constant Disney Magic and employees going way above and beyond for us. The trip included my wife, our 5 year old daughter and 3 year old son. They were surprised to see my parents board the airport shuttle as a surprise addition to our trip! When we arrived in Orlando, Nana was their waiting by the Mickey as well making it a great start to the trip! High level recap, we stayed at Caribbean Beach, one of our favorites. For the first time in forever (see what I did there) my son had the courage to go down the resort water slides! The food court was great and the white sand beach was a great start to the trip to burn off some energy.

Night one included a swim at CBR, and a trip to the Boardwalk. We enjoyed the street shows and hit my personal favorite Beaches and screamed for ice cream. I had promised my daughter a kitchen sink but we decided to safe that for later in the week. She was still shocked to see Mickey looking at her in her ice cream! More to come, day one was an earlier night as we wanted to be up early for the opening show at MK!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 81

Blackburn23

Original Poster
Alright time for the second half of our trip! Day 5 part 1, here we go:

Today we had a new experience planned that we have never tried before, a Character breakfast! We had 10:00 reservations at O'Hana and we were excited but maybe a little nervous too to see how the kid would do. Our first step this morning was to say goodbye to Nana. We took her over to customs house and with tears in her eyes, she thanked us over and over for the opportunity. We were very blessed to have her along! To give our kids this type of experience with their grandparents was so much fun! We said our goodbyes and headed towards the Barbado's bus terminal to head to the MK.

We got to the MK and jumped on the Zootopia monorail (had character stickers on the windows) for the fun ride over to Poly. Now the last time I was at Poly, the waterfall was still in the lobby so man was I surprised by the new layout! It is very pretty inside but I still kind of miss the old waterfall. Anyways, we headed over and checked in and went and sat by the large floor to ceiling windows to wait our table. what a beautiful view! My son quickly noticed the volcano pool and was ready to swim. My daughter loved watching the monorails and seeing the tops of some of the MK rides from afar. She also quickly IDed Thunder Mountain and proclaimed that as her next conquest!

Our table was ready within minutes and we headed in. For those of you who have not been inside O'Hana, it is really really cool. Dark wood with Tiki's built into walls. On stage kitchen areas and beautiful views of the 7-seas lagoon. They also handle the character breakfast very well! Its kind of like a well run assembly line. They seat you from left to right in a circle around the restaurant. Your "Cousin" brings out your Gava juice and break while your family style skillet is prepared. After you have eaten or are close to being done, the characters are coming through around the circle of tables and greet you one at a time. The kids get to interact, get autographs, and snap some pictures without getting their meal interrupted. Very VERY well run process!!

Anyways, the food was AMAZING! All you could eat Mickey waffles, sausage, bacon, fluffy eggs, breakfast potatoes, and both cinnamon raisin bread and coconut lemon bread. Fantastic meal and I was completely stuffed. The kids ate great too and as soon as the finished, the music came on and they took part in the march around the restaurant with the characters shaking their maraca's and having a great time! Once we came back Mickey joined us for some fun, followed by Pluto, Stitch and Lilo! The HUGE smiles on the kids faces were priceless. For those of you wondering if a character breakfast is worth it, the answer is simple - YES IT IS!!!! We will do this each trip moving forward.

Now after we were finished and paying our bill, I headed to the restroom with my son and came across our first "unhappy guest." I usually get a pretty good laugh out of folks that overreact at Disney and clearly did not plan properly. This lady was chewing up the O'Hana host because they had waited for roughly 15 minutes. My by far favorite quote of her rant was, "I am on the phone with Disney and I will be telling them that this is not a Magical Day!" Now I usually do not comment or step in on these, but when I heard that I laughed out loud and she turned to me and starred, so I simply said, "Good line!..... haha" She didnt find that funny but I did.

HUGE props to the O'Hana staff for how they were handling her as well. She had zero reason to be angry and they handled it with a smile. Another shining example of the high quality Disney Staff.

Moving on, we asked the kids how they wanted to get to the MK, boat or monorail, they quickly went into their monorail song and dance which I would love to recreate for you but will not. Lets just say it is adorable to watch. We hopped onto the Zootopia rail again (see what I did there with Judy Hopps?) and rode back around to the MK to hit a few rides before heading back for naps. All of our fast passes were for Hollywood Studios so our focus was to clip off a few side attractions. We first made our way to It's a Small world with a prayer that we did not get stuck in it!!! On the way, we made a pass through the Confectionery and drooled over all of the sweets with a promise again that at some point, they would get to pick out some treats. When we left the store on the Main Street Side the Move It, Shake It parade was coming by so we quickly got a wave in to Judy Hopps and Jessie from Toy Story on our way to Fantasy Land.

Those lovely little dolls would have to wait just a few more minutes. We cut through the castle and walked straight in to Mickey's Philharmagic. So glad the kids were keeping their glasses on for this trip, they loved this attraction! How do you finish a wonderful 3D show for my kids? Show Donald Duck's back side hanging out of a wall in the back of the theater! That was a huge hit. We skipped over to Small World and made it through with only one boat backup!

At this point it was after 1 and the kids were tired so we called the morning a win and headed back for naps knowing we had a big evening in store at the Studios! I have to say, I truly enjoy standing in the MK bus area waiting for the buses. The park music playing, the breeze coming through the stands, and views of the monorails, boats, train and the contemporary rising up are just fantastic!!

During naps today I snuck off to the pool again to relax and returned with the BIG Disney cookies. Since my kids cant read yet I can confess, my wife and I ate them all before they woke up.......

Day 5 part 2 coming up next!

Blackburn23

Original Poster
Alright, Day 5 part 2, we had a plan tonight to wrap up Hollywood Studios. While we rested my parents headed to DHS to do some shopping until we could meet up with them. Our only other angry guest story of the evening came on the bus ride there. Our bus had 2 scooters already on it and when we stopped at Trinidad South, they had to tell a third scooter to wait for the next bus. This lady in no condition to run ran in front of the bus and pounded on the front window demanding a ride. Now again, I usually dont laugh at these folks because its usually sad, but this one was REALLY funny. The bus driver sat pretty calm, got off the bus and explained again that he was full. The gentleman in the actual scooter apologized for his companion, and we all on the bus let out a cheer that she didnt get on. Pretty funny and a first time experience for me to see someone hitting the front window. We actually saw her later in the evening in the park and it took alot out of me not to congratulate her for her Golden Glove win against a Disney bus........ for clarity sake, I dont tell these stories about angry guests to complain or to seem negative, I find people that overreact really funny. I am so so relaxed on these trips i cannot help but smile at it!

Back to the fun evening, we had a Fantasmic fastpass for the evening so that was a HUGE timesaver in our pocket for our evening. We headed into the park and made our way to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We hit the standby for a show that was minutes away and were held at the front of the line. IT was close but we snuck into the show (close call #1 successfully executed!). I haven't seen this show in a few years and was reminded the quality of the performance. The kids liked the lazer lights that made it appear that we were under water.

From there we headed to the Indiana Jones Stunt Show for our first fast pass of the evening. We sat off the the left in the second row! We have never before been that close. I am a relatively shy guy as is my whole family but for some reason I always wanted to be an extra in this show, just never had the guts to raise my hand. With all of the new changes happening, it was an absolute priority to see this show just in case it was my last chance. Growing up Indy was one of my favorites and was always so so real! As I got older it just got more fun and the jokes and puns throughout made it even more fun.

Anyways, casting began and the beautiful lady sitting to my right (my wife) was waiving her hand like a crazy person. No way she gets picked right? Wrong! the casting director walked straight towards her and picked her to be one of the screamers. Now I might be biased but she was by far the best. She was animated and really worked the role very well! My kids were beside themselves too. My daughter kept telling those around us, my mommy is in the movies! my mommy is a tv star! It was adorable.

She headed off to wardrobe and the temple scene began. My son was totally wrapped up in the show and like I am sure you guys know, watching a first timer at this show is so much fun. They jumped when the spears shot up, fretted when the arms came down and screamed like crazy when the ball came out! My daughter was yelling, "Indy are you ok?!?!" Indy answer me Indy!?! Too cute!

So the scene ends and back comes my wife down the steps in full costume. Really cool experience for her to be on set during the whole show. I asked her afterward what all they did and I noticed the director was talking to them the whole time. She said that the staff was constantly explaining what was happening and what would be happening around them and pointing things out. She said it was really neat to see and hear and that it was very helpful to allow them to enjoy the experience as well since they were in it. Neat effort by the Indy team to make sure everyone gets the same experience. She also said the joke about signing their life away is real. They all are required to sign waivers before being allowed on the active set.

One other note about Indy, my daughter asked me is Indiana Jones lived close to us. I said, why? She said, "well his name is our state daddy, so he must live close!"

Anyways, it was HOT and the costumes were quite warm apparently. Our original thought was to head to the Sunset Blvd Market for dinner, but instead of tracking the length of the park, we headed back to the ABC Commissary. I will also say, the green beans there are absolutely fantastic! We were all hot so we enjoyed a cool drink and a hot meal. Unfortunately we sat a bit too long and missed our Frozen Sing Along fast pass (yes we got 2 fastpasses for this for the week, our kiddos are HUGE fans). We went by the theater anyways and they got us in with the stand bye for the same show!

Both kids with full bellies and energy stood the entire show dancing and singing along. For the classic, Let it Go, the even mirrored Elsa's dance move even stomping their feet to help build the ice castle. The "historians of Arendale" were again hilarious, best line of this night was when let it go started, the man yelled, here it is your favorite song, you are welcome dads!! hahaha

The show wrapped up and looked at my wife and said, what you do think about Star Tours. I have not actually had the chance to experience this since they upgraded it to the random 3D experiences! My little gal said daddy, I am a big girl, I will go with you. Now everyone was worried about her getting sick and told me not to do it. They were worried about the jerking around for a ride that she didnt even know the theme (my kids havent seen star wars but have heard of it, and none of us have seen the new one yet). I said, "Family, this little girl is tough and if she says she wants to face it, we are going to face it!!"

Me, my daughter, and my dad walked in. Picture a slow motion walk down the corridors of Star Tours with Eye of the TIger playing in the background. We had prepared for this, we were ready for the experience, and we wanted the conquer the dark side once and for all.

What would you guess happened? Who do you think was right?

It was the dad! She LOVED it. I kept my arm around her and was slighting angled toward her and she kept telling me to stop touching her.... haha. She did great! Actually I was a little motion sick since I was sitting sideways so my gloating was limited. She came off the ride skipping and smiling! We had a scene from the new movie so I had no ideas what to expect either which made it really fun! We walked out towards the gift shop where my little guy was standing there holding a lightsaber. Before I could say anything he yelled, "DIE ZURG!!!" and cut me down to size....... For those of you keeping count, this was Zurg defeat #4 for him for the trip and my first role as Zurg for the week........ To have a 3 year old come at your with a lightsaber is pretty cute too.

We had about an hour until our Fantasmic fastpass return time so we started to slowing stroll that way and enjoyed the lights coming up around the park. Made me miss the backlot set and the Earful tower as I always enjoyed that area in the evening. It also made me wish Mulch Sweat and Shears would be pulling around the corner at some point for a show! The future is so bring though for this park so that is exciting! One of my favorite classics icons of this park still reamains though and we made our annual trip past Dino Gertie to say hi on the way. The kids like seeing him again as well.

Hollywood and Sunset Blvds are so so pretty at night! The old shop fronts all lit up and my favorite, the wagging pluto, wagging away with a smile! I did like the sorcerer had quite well, but it was fun to look back and see the Chinese Theatre lit up again. I havent seen that sight since I was a kid.

We headed down to the market for some Brownies and Ice Cream! We sat in the shadow of the Tower of Terror and enjoyed our evening treats. I took my son to see the big guitar at the RRC and to run around and play in the colorful lights under the entrance way (burn some energy before Fantasmic). We headed in to the ampitheatre. It was really nice to have the passes. Folks were lining up hours before it even opened for seating and we were able to walk right in! We ended up on the far left but had a great view for the show. Now I must say, my daughter is a big big Malificent fan and I had no idea how in the world I was going to pull that one off. Fantasmic did it for me! I am pretty confident that we were the only family in the entire seating area cheering for the dragon..... but hey, when in Rome right?

Anways, great show. The dragon looked great! Caused my son to stutter for a solid 30 seconds and point. What I love about fantasmic is that no matter how big of a sensory overload you have, they cap it off with the clincher of the ferry with all of the characters. My kids were stunned. They were all there! My big fail as a father though was not being able to fulfill my daughters next request..... Daddy, can you take me on that boat so I can get their autographs..... :) Sorry sweetie, no, but you are sitting with a movie star remember? That was a very magical moment. My little girl walked over to her mommy and said, "Mommy, will you sign my autograph book please since you are a big Indiana Jones star now." Priceless!!!!!! For a kid to view her mommy as one of the big stars she meets at Disney World is hard to top right?

We headed out the exit to Hollywood Blvd to position ourselves close to the exit for the Star Wars fireworks. There were awesome and so I dont ruin it for anyone I will simply say great soundtrack and by far, BY FAR, the loudest end to any fireworks show I have ever seen to date. very very cool and well done.

We finished the big blast and made the first Caribbean Beach bus back to our resort. Tomorrow would bring what I called Papa's day. I know very little about Animal Kingdom so my dad was in charge on day 6 of touring us around in the AM. We had to get some sleep so that we could go enjoy what he had in store! We got the kiddos down, I headed to the food court to get some food for an in room breakfast the next morning and off to bed!!!

Day 6, here we come.....

Blackburn23

Original Poster
Alright back at it, sorry for the delay. Here in Indy, it was qualifying weekend for the Indianapolis 500 which is a HUGE deal for my family!

But you guys arent here to heard about race cars, you want to read about Day 6 of our magical adventure!

Day 6 part 1

Today my dad is in charge. Animal Kingdom is the one park that I just have not gotten on board with for whatever reason. Its true Disney, and beautiful, it has great attractions, etc, but for some reason I just skip it typically in my planning, it just doesnt fully appeal to me and we usually gloss over it. So for this trip, we wanted a full bore experience so my dad who is an Animal Kingdom traveler had our morning planned for us. We had breakfast in our room before heading out around 8:30 to arrive shortly after park opening at 9. We were told to dress lightly as it was going to be a hot one and dad said the Animal Kingdom doesnt have a ton of air passing through so to be prepared for that.

We had 3 fast passes booked and we changed our Lion King show time to a bit earlier to fit more into the morning. We arrived and headed in. I do not remember walking through so many trees before seeing the tree of life but the front of that park is cool. It seems like you walk for quite a while into this mystery forest separating your from the outside world before you suddenly see this beautiful carved tree come into view. The kids LOVED the tree of life. Picking out the different animals as we made our way towards the back of the park.

Our first stop was a fast pass for the safari. Now my only complaint was the bumpy ride. Man, that thing jerks you around! For everyone worrying about my daughter on Star Tours nobody seemed too think this was 10 times bumpier! To Disney's credit though, that ride was exactly what I would expect on a real safari in Africa (minus the chains to keep the animals in their own sectors of course.... ).

Anyways, for me, the Alligator has always been my favorite animal! So seeing some HUGE Nile Crocs was pretty neat! They all just say there and smiled up at us hoping that one of us would bump out of the truck and land close to their chops I believe. The kids liked the Giraffes. They crossed the road right in front of us and a little fella giraffe turned back and leaned in so close to us that we could almost touch him! My son was on the end. The strength of a child trying to escape an animal is impressive. He pressed me about 5 feet (maybe not 5 feet) but 5 feet away from the side to ensure that that snout did not touch him. :)

My daughter was the opposite, she was crawling across all of the laps doing her absolute best to touch it. Her thinking, if I can get it to like me maybe I can take it home as a souvenir. (Dear Disney, if you are reading this, we do not intent to steal any of your animals, trust me we dont even have a cat.... yet).

Moving on, the safari was fun and bumpy and the lions were resting along the way. We finished off the safari ride and made a fast move for a waiting Planet Watch train waiting in the station just for us.... so we thought. We just missed it and the next train was on a maintenance run so we aborted and headed to Flights of Wonder, one of my parents personal favorites. I have never seen this show before and to be honest, I was watching my head as best I could. If any of your remember Discovery Island when it was open, many MANY people were target practice for the birds to "drop one" on. I had flashbacks of this bald headed guy in a tank top and glasses taking one right in the snout and it ran down his mouth, neck, and into his shirt (it was really funny actually and as a kid that might have been the first time I heard the f word used more than 5 times in one sentence...). So my balding head felt like it has a big red x on top of it.

Good news everyone, no pooping birds and watching my son dive under the seat everytime a bird flew over was fun! We enjoyed the show and made our way to the tree of life for our second fast pass, Its Tough to Be a Bug. My daughter got quite a kick out of this one. She jumped like crazy when the quills were shot at her and screamed like a crazy girl when the black widows dropped from the ceiling. Again, seeing it from the perspective of a first timer not expecting it was so much fun. She was so into it! The best by far was watching her jump out of her seat when the bugs ran under her rear end to exit the theater. How much fun that was!! They both had fun, but both said, lets dont do that again..... :)

From there we headed to Dinosaurland for lunch at Restaurantasouraus. Have heard alot of good things about this one. I took a risk and went with a Chili Dog and added mushrooms at the hot bar....... My dad simply wished me luck for the afternoon. haha It was really good! Had no idea it was there but great food and a fun atmosphere. Where else in the world do you find that much detail and effort in a simple fast food joint? Just more of that Disney Magic! We were short on time, so we skipped the Dino dig which is on the list for our next trip for sure and headed off to the Lion King for our last fast pass of the morning. We made a good call when we got there and my suggestion to all of you with kids. sit in the back row! Not a bad seat in the house here at all. The open stage and characters coming from all corners, the back was ideal because 1 - parents can lean back and relax, and 2 - the kiddos can stand up and see the actual show. As soon as the elephant came in on one side, and then simba on the other side of us, my son was done. He seemed to nearly hyperextend his finger pointing at Simba and did not watch a thing in front of him but he loved it! Really cool that they leave them out after the show so kids can get pictures and get close to them.

From there we were tired and hot, so we made our way to the front and got a few pictures and then headed out. The goal was to nap as long as needed for what would be fun evening at EPCOT exploring future world and enjoying another perfect evening in WS. We had a surprise in store as well for my little lady that she had dreamed of but thought would not happen on this trip!

Stay tuned!!!

Blackburn23

Original Poster
I am embarrassed, I am almost a week late continuing this.... sorry to those that have been following, let me continue and I promise not to drift off again....

Day 6 part 2

We took a long nap, the kiddos were wiped out and I will admit, even I slept which is usually against my rules. We woke up refreshed and ready to roll though for another wonderful night. Tonights plan was to wrap up EPCOT and focus early on Future world which to date we had truly neglected to visit.

We arrived at EPCOT and as usual, I chummed it up with security and easily avoided the x ray line. Tip for all of you, talk to the securities hometown, you get a free pass every time! Anyways, we made our way in and headed off toward Test Track, my thinking was, I cannot miss this ride!! My daughter was itching to try it as well. She had seen the cars fly by and wanted so badly to ride. We walked over and stand-by was listed at 40 minutes. The lady gave us to tip to return in 1 hour and our wait would be significantly shorter. So we made our way to the other side of future world getting a few photo pass shots with the beautiful flowers in the background and making a visit to the butterflies. My daughter thought they were beautiful until one landed on her hair..... not a fan of that.

We made our way to Imagination to visit Figment. I still am not a fan of the newer version, I prefer dreamfinder and the classic Figment but at least that purple dragon is back! To those who do not like this ride, I understand, but the kids really enjoy going through his house and the Imagine Works afterward is a huge hit with them Especially the area where you can stand on the musical squares. We played and played then headed to see the backward fountain and visit the land. Soarin was closed so the Land was empty. I really like the look of this pavillion, always enjoyed the balloons at the top and a relaxing ride on Living with the Land. My dad made fun of me the entire time as we rode though as I had grabbed an evening fast pass for it (all the other rides were gone) and the stand by line was actually shorter than fast pass (for some history on this, our last trip I torched him for getting a Jungle Cruise fast pass first thing in the AM, so this was proper payback). The kids ate the entire ride (Disney if you reading this it was only goldfish and we didnt drop any). This was the second consecutive trip that we as a group were shushed on this ride. My apologies to those i was too loud for, but I really miss having my own guide. Like other rides, a live guide can mix it up and add in some of the humor that makes those rides a little extra special.

We made our way to Nemo and got our picture with Bruce the big Shark. Nice little hidden photo pass area there to visit. I had never seen a photographer there before but my kids thought it was so neat to climb into the mouth of a shark!

We had spent about an hour so we headed back to Test Track and found a 20 minute standby line! My son went with my parents to check out the cars in the post ride area and my wife and I headed in with a chatty little girl who was nervous excited! She designed a great car! It was rainbow color of course. She and my wife made one and I made another and it was so so so much fun to compete against each other. What a fun addition to what was already an awesome ride!!!! I will brag, my car was the fastest and most powerful..... she beat me on everything else. I am from Indy, we like fast here!

We left Test Track and headed to our favorite Cantina in Mexico for round 2 of the Nachos and Chicken Tacos!! MY kids ate great, no birds attacked us, and we enjoyed a beautiful sunset over the lagoon. We enjoyed an evening stroll through the countries and visited the trains in Germany. We missed out on the American Adventure, I have never missed that or the Liberty Singers, but we didnt quite get in this year. So we visited the lobby and my son ran around the dome a bit before the fireworks. We watched from the bridge and decided to pass on desert for the first time this trip. Round 2 of Illuminations was just as spectacular as the first!

As the fireworks ended we began to walk towards the front of the park when my daughter looked at me with her big eyes and said, "Daddy, can I have a kitchen sink?" It was after 10 PM, every parental instinct says NO, but hey its Disney right? And I owed her one.... So we made a quick left and made our way through the gateway and over to the Yacht and Beach Club. Beaches and Creame was packed but we landed a beautiful outdoor seat and got her a mini-sink full of 6 scoops of ice cream and every topping she could handle. She shared it with me and my wife and we were clean platers, and were able to take it home with us!! We missed the last Friendship Boat so we grabbed a Springs bus to make the connection back. I must say, the Yacht and Beach club are so SO beautiful at night! Someday I will stay there. We took a tired crew back for a good nights sleep for what would be a full, fun, and magical final day at Disney World!!

Stay Tuned....

WLBound

This is one of the sweetest recaps I've read! I loved the part where your daughter asked mom for her autograph. What a great treat for mom so close to Mother's Day!

Blackburn23

Original Poster
Alright, my apologies again for the delay, we moved this weekend and wow that is a lot of work!!!!

One final magical day to report on (well 2 if you count the day we go home.... :( )

Day 7, Part 1

Day 7, our final full day at WDW. The day when you open your door to start your journey and there is a check out tag hanging on your door reminding you that it is about to come to a conclusion. No bother here though, we put it in the drawer as quickly as we could and with a smile on our faces, we made our way to the food court for a nice big last day in the parks breakfast! Today we would spend our entire last day at the Magic Kingdom. We felt like we covered the other parks well and we had some cleaning up to do here today, and lets be honest, what other park do you end a vacation on???. My parents were itching to get to the MK area and wanted to spend a bit more time at the Grand Floridian so we took different paths this morning. They headed to the park area and we made our way to the beautiful Old Port Royale for breakfast.

If I havent said it at all before, my 3 year old son is a breakfast man. For him, he can eat 3 meals worth in that one sitting. All week breakfast has been rushed (except for our character breakfast on Wednesday) so today was his big morning. We headed in and walked over to the food court and he made his presence felt. What he ended up with as a 3 year old was impressive. 3 sausage patties, scrambled eggs, 2 biscuits with grape jelly, and his drink of choice, white milk. within 15 minutes the plate was scrapped clean and we were ready to hit the park!

The four of us grabbed a MK bus at the port and made our way there. We had pre-selected 3 fast passes for the afternoon before our trip just in case we wanted to do a different park in the AM. So we had 3 big key items coming later including the highly anticipated for over a year meet and greet with Elsa and Anna!!

We met my parents at the front gate. If I have already said this I apologize by is there a better spot in Disney World than the MK entrance area? The train horn sounding high above on the platform. Monorails and boats of all kind behind you. The entrance to a whole different world right there in front of you with your favorite attraction music playing softly in the background, I could kill a day just standing there! But we didnt......

We headed straight in and made our way back to the new Fantasyland area. An area that to this point we had not yet visited. Our first ride of the day was Dumbo. My kids first trip to Disney about a year and half prior to this trip my son HATED these types of rides. The carpets were a tearful journey, but today, as a tough and seasoned 3 year old, he faced his challenge and had a great time! The new (to me) area back here is great! I love flying over the water and the interactive play area in side is a blast as well! We headed from Dumbo to a quick 15 minute wait for the Great Goofini roller coaster. This is the first time we have ever rode this one. While fun, 8ish seconds is a bit short for a ride. But again, the kids loved it and the theme and sets that Disney builds around their rides is fantastic!

We headed back toward old fantasyland making a quick cool off run through the Casey Jr splash area. I timed it poorly so i got the brunt of the water and learned later via our vacation videos that my daughter used me as a human shield to ensure she did not get wet..... well played little lady.

We found only a 15 minute wait for Little Mermaid and enjoyed a colorful and very well air conditioned ride through! We then headed through old fantasyland and over toward frontierland for the final attraction of our morning and one that we knew the kids could not miss. The Country Bear Jamboree.

We had about 10 minutes till the next show so my wife and I ran to Adentureland to try our first ever Dole Whip. Quite tasty!!! Anyways, for those that would like to know, I am a Buff, Max, and Melvin fan and to my kiddos, these talking heads are very very real. So after the ride, we talked to them a bit and then we made our way under them and out the door. My daughter was quite shocked to not see the backsides of any of these animals and became quite concerned with their health and well being...... 15 minutes later she was satisfied with my answer (if any of you would like to read that book, I can post it later....) and we headed toward the front of the park to head back for our midday naps. The park was definitely getting fuller, so this was a great time for a break. We grabbed some hot dogs at Caseys Corner and walked across main street over to the Tomorrowland Terrace to sit and eat. While this is a bit of a hike, NOBODY else does it, so we had a shaded, beautiful view of the Castle while we enjoyed a quiet and very peaceful lunch!

We strolled down main street, caught the tail end of the barbershop quartet, and headed to our bus for the journey home to CBR. My parents headed to the Mermaid boats to enjoy their favorite resort area, the Fort Wilderness Lodge while we napped. Now the only and I literally mean the ONLY negative of our whole trip was about to occur. We boarded the bus and I remember thinking man is it hot on here. We had one of the extended buses so I figured he would kick on the AC when he took off. Apparently, it was not working...... It was like sitting in an oven! I was completely drenched when we arrived and my little guy was nearly passed out from heat. We along with the other guests handled it well and we all laughed and fanned each other as we rode. The entire bus emptied at Jamaica, the first stop and we all were warning those about to board to stay away!!

We took the full resort trek over to Martinique and after drinking about a gallon of water each, settled the kiddos down for a nap. Our magical evening awaited us! The MK was open late tonight and we were going to take full advantage!

Stay tuned.....

Last edited:

Blackburn23

Original Poster
Day 7 part 2,

My son did NOT want to wake up. I think he got pretty overheated on the bus and his body was begging him to stay asleep but his mind and drive to enjoy the perfect conclusion to his Disney trip fought him off and he rose up out of bed like a champ, rubbed his eyes, and said, "Can we go to Disney World now please!"

That's my boy!!! We got everyone dressed, the diaper bag packed, the strollers ready, and headed out for the perfect conclusion to our perfect week at our favorite place in the entire world! We carefully boarded the bus at Martinique making sure a cool feeling came from the door. It did of course and we hopped on for a trip to the Magic Kingdom.

Now I am a broad shouldered country boy, and I sat down to another broad shouldered country boy on the bus. This man was my carbon copy in build and as his wife began to laugh then mine, we looked at each other and realized we had the exact same shirt on, the exact same style of tan khaki shorts, and of course, the same brand of shoes...... Both wives asked for a picture and both got the same scoff and answer from both of us...... NO

Anyways, we arrived at the main gate and made our way to the entrance. I know I keep going on and on about the MK entrance area but it was like it planned for our visit today knowing it was our last day. as we walked up the ferry blew its horn, two monorails passed overhead and the train pulled into the station all at the same time. Only at Disney right? I caught all of that on camera and simply love to watch that walk up over and over.

For this night, we have 3 fast passes secured for 3 big attractions - Peter Pan's Flight, Elsa and Anna Meet and Greet, and a second round on the Mine Train. Since we slept a touch longer, we went "walking right down the middle of Main Street USA," you know, "its the heart of America the heartbeat of a holiday"........ and headed through the castle and right to entrance to meet the Frozen princesses that my little lady has waited her whole life to meet.

She was very nervous which made it 100 times cuter. She could not stand still and kept jumping up and down and then it happened, we walked through the castle hallway to the door and were met there by Elsa. To watch this interaction through my little girls eyes was very sweet and nearly brought a tear to my eye. She beamed from ear to ear and talked non-stop to her hero! Elsa talked to her about her ice powers and how to control them and my little lady listened very intently (and the rest of evening the rest of us got a full lesson). She signed her book and we got pictures and headed to meet Anna. Anna was just as fun for the kiddos. My little guy kept pointing at her and yelling, Anna! Anna! Anna! This for them was quite overwhelming but just so stinking much fun!

From here we headed straight to fast pass #2, Peter Pans Flight. I love skipping the line but we did miss the chance to go through the new queue which I think the kids would have really liked. Anyways, it did not disappoint, I could hear my son in the ship behind me shouting out the characters and swinging his arms at Captain Hook! (he was quickly becoming a HUGE Pirates fan).

We headed out of our flying ship and saw a lengthy line for the Carousel so we decided to hold off on that a bit and grab some dinner at one of my favorites, the Village Haus! For the first time in forever (see what I did there), actually for the first time ever, we landed a table against the Small World window which my kids really liked and enjoyed one of the best meals of our trip! Pizza for me and the boy, Salad and chicken for mommy and the little lady. We ate, we waived, we sang that annoying little song the whole time and headed out for fast pass #3, the Mine Train.

As soon as we walked out there stood Sleeping Beauty, one that we thought we had missed but just like Disney typically does, we suddenly had a chance to add some extra magic. We stood for 5 minutes and the kiddos ran to her side for autographs and pictures. My son landed his second smooch of the trip, for those keeping track he now has Cinderella one one cheek and Sleeping Beauty on the other, pretty nice haul for the boy.

We made our way to the mine trains for a wonderful evening ride through. The kids just love this ride! Disney did such a great job merging in a dark ride with a roller coaster and making this fun for everyone. We got off and headed back to check the carousel one more time. The line was way down so we hopped on and rode a classic! Again, I starred at my kiddos eyes. Just taking it all in, looking out across the Magic Kingdom. The slight smile on little mans face as he is not just riding on a spinning horse, in that moment he was riding a magnificent steed into the sunset with a castle as a backdrop. Remember, this place comes to life in these little minds and for me, those moments are worth every cent I spent for that week and so much more.

We made our way to Pete's Big Top to meet a few more characters. We hopped in both lines and had some fun with Goofy, Donald, Daisy, and Minnie. The Daisy line got a bit backed up as we were waiting so Minnie walked over and played with the kids while we stood in line which was a great time. Again HUGE props to the staff, she could have stood and waited but took advantage of the down time to add some magical fun for some little ones.

We exited into the big top gift shop and my kiddos were finally give that chance to pick any treat from the glass case they wanted! I had teased them all week with all of the elaborate sweets and now was their moment! My son picked a snowflake sugar cookie the same size as his head, my little gal picked a mickey rice krispy treat dipped in chocolate and covered in M&Ms, I went with the rice krispy peanut butter mickey which was fantastic, and my wife got a chocolate chunk and peanut butter cookie, about the thickness of a fist. We found a quiet spot by Dumbo and enjoyed our treats with the light of the castle shining in the background.

It was dark now, so we made our way to Tomorrowland for a ride on the Transit Authority (always better at night I think). My kids rode with Grandpa and Grandma so my wife and I enjoyed a quiet relaxing ride around Tomorrowland! We exited and headed to Buzz Lightyear for round 3 against Zurg. I rode with my wife and we made a bet, whoever lost had to pack the kitchen themselves when we got home for our move.

I dominated early, I had about 25,000 halfway through to her 12,000ish, then suddenly she had 250,000??!! What did she hit!?!?!?! Then she had 500,000, then 750,000...... you can see where this is going.... I finished with 32,000 and she had 999,999! She is a Galactic Hero! When we exited, they gave her a card to certify that she was in fact a master and announced her achievement those that joined us at the exit. Impressive work by the lovely wife and since then, I have been reminded many times of her status (and packed the kitchen all alone).

My dad had a hankering for some ice cream. We were about 20 minutes away from Wishes so we grabbed a Photopass shot from the entrance of Tomorrowland with the beautiful lit castle behind us and made our way around back during the projection show to Fantasyland to get some ice cream at Mrs. Potts. They got their ice cream and I made a quick stop to fulfill another promise to my daughter, a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar (cannot have a trip without one)! We grabbed a great spot in front of the Crystal Palace just as Wishes started and I again watched 20 minutes of fireworks explode in my kiddos eyes. Nothing better than the look on their face as they watch the explosions over the castle. This was a moment I will never forget!

The fireworks ended, and we removed the layer of chocolate from my daughters face. We made our way to the Adventureland entrance area and we looked at 2 very tired but very excited kiddos and said, "You can each pick one more ride to wrap up our trip."

My son jumped up and down and yelled Pirates Pirates!!! This had quickly become a new favorite of his so we made our way there. My daughter had not yet said her pick but I already knew there was one Mountain that she had not yet tamed, and I grabbed a fast pass for it just in case......

We walked through the Pirate queue to the sound of my son singing, Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirates Life for Me over and over. We walked straight onto the classic ride and we soaked it all in. Great choice by my little guy and one of my favorites as well. We exited and played in the gift shop for a while trying on hats and having a few sword fights. My son suddenly ran around the corner with my wife in tow, and ran towards me with his big smile and said, "Daddy, can we buy this please?" He had found his new favorite character, Jack Sparrow, action figure two pack with a Captain Barbosa. How can you say no to that little face? So we headed toward the line and offered a choice for my daughter who grabbed a Jake and the Neverland Pirates sticker set and made the purchase.

We walked out and I looked at my daughter and said, "ok girly, its all up to you, what will it be?" With a big toothy grin she yelled, "Daddy, its time for us to ride Thunder Mountain!!!!" We took off in that direction, the beautiful park lights of the late night shining around us. My little guy, mommy, and grandma found a bench and opened his new toy and me, my little gal, and Papa headed to the queue. She was smiling ear to ear. This was her moment! She had conquered Test Track, she had stared down the Splash Mountain drop, laughed in the face of the Mine trains, and now, she took on the biggest baddest mountain in the park. We got to the front and she turned to me and gave me a big thumbs up (one of my all time favorite pictures now of her) and said, Daddy, lets do this!

For the next few minutes, he and I yelled, yipped, and screamed through the roller coaster. I watched her face and her eyes widen each time a drop approached. Listening to my little girl giggle and scream on that ride was the perfect conclusion to our trip!

We exited and told the tale of how she defeated Thunder Mountain to mommy. We took a really slow stroll through Frontier land, around the hub, and down that beautiful Main Street one last time for our trip. We got to the train station and turned around. The kids sadly waived but knew they would be back!

This is that moment when the Magic Kingdom looks breathtaking. The castle glowing in the distance and it looks like it is touching the sky, main street is shining bright with the park music playing in the background. The sights and smells may fade a bit, but the memories of this trip never will. These moments with our family will be a part of us forever no matter what happens.

We had a few light tears and sniffles on the bus ride back to the resort. A couple of little kids who were wore out and sad to think that they had to go home. My daughter asked if we could stay forever. These are the signs that you are a Disney family. We went strong for 7 full days and they want more. Just more of an incentive to start planning again!

We got to sleep as fast as we could. Our bus would pick us up at 8:30 AM!!

Day 8 and trip wrap up coming soon......

TXDisney

Like most things in life wdw is better the more you plan and do research. If you go during the middle of summer, spring break, Christmas, etc. you're really setting yourself up to be disappointed. If you don't do FP in advance or dining you'll be disappointed. It's hard to explain this to some people.

Blackburn23

Original Poster
Day 8 - Goodbye Disney World, see you next time....

Man 7:45 got to us early after going to bed around 12:30. Our bags were packed and ready to go, we just had to roll out of bed and leave the room. Isn't crazy how you seem to have so much energy and it never goes away all week but on travel home day, its all gone? Well we had the week of our lives, so we packed up and headed to customs house with big smiles and so many memories to process for a lifetime.

Disney makes it so easy to get around, we dropped our check bags and the bus pulled up right on time. We enjoyed the programming on the way back, after the standard sales pitch we got to watch some vintage Mickey cartoons which was fun. We arrived at the airport, visited Chic-Fil-A (man the service outside of Disney is such a letdown after you are spoiled for a week!!), and headed through security for what some call the saddest ride of the trip. We had some extra time so I rode back and forth a few times with the kiddos. We boarded the plane, waived goodbye to our little slice of heaven on earth, and slept soundly as a family until we landed Back Home Again in our beautiful Indiana!

I will have one more post after this giving our top choices from our trip and everyones favorites, but let me finish the actual day to day report with this:

There is no place in the world more magical and so separated from the reality of life than Walt Disney World. You aren't paying for a hotel, expensive food, and rides when you come here, you are paying for a week of pure enjoyement and relaxation. A chance to step into a real life fantasy world where everything is perfect and people from all walks of life are smiling and like a kid again. I interacted with so many people who were just like me, enjoying a full release from life.

The time we had with our kids will never be forgotten. I would call this the greatest week of my life! My kids will go through life with these wonderful moments with us and their grandparents, and hopefully these are times they will cherish for the duration of their life.

Thank you WDW for this time, thank you for your service, your staff was amazing and went WAY above the call to make it this way. Thank you to those around us for being big kids just like us and giving their kids the same experience that we had.

Forever we will go to Disney and you will never hear me complain about it. We love and adore this place and will be back very VERY soon!

Thank you for reading. Family favorites coming next!!

Blackburn23

Original Poster
A big thank you to everyone who has read through, alot of fun to put all of these memories in writing! So as I promised, my trip favorites. Here we go:

My personal favorites for our trip:

Favorite Ride w/my daughter - Tomorrowland Speedway with her driving
Favorite Ride w/my son - Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Personal Favorite Ride - WIll have to go with Thunder Mountain this year, was a blast at night!
Best Food - Tony's Town Square/Cantina Nachos
Best quick service experience - Pinnochio's Village Haus
Best nighttime show - Wishes the first time we saw it
Best snack - Will go with the Kitchen Sink!
Best out of park ride - the small resport boat to GF
Best moment of the trip - Tough one, but will go with our evening at the Grand FLoridian, playing in the pool with two smiling kids

Daughters Favorites - Splash Mountain and Meeting Elsa, Kitchen Sink, and getting a Jessie Doll
Sons Favorite - Buzz Lightyear Space Rander Spin and the Pirates, high 5 from Buzz, defeating Zurg, and getting a Zurg toy
Wife Favorite - World Showcase at night with the kiddos/kidcot spots, Pool time
Nana's favorite from first trip - Seeing Grand FLoridian/Haunted Mansion, French Pastries
Papa's favorites - World Showcase, Pirates with granddaughter, meeting green army men with grandson
Grandma's favorites - Character Breakfast, 8 days with her grandkids!

Best trip of my life! Thank you all again and I hope you enjoyed reading

Ghostdog

What a Fantastic Trip Report, I enjoyed every moment of it. I have something in common with your wife; I too was picked from the audience to be a part of the Indiana Jones Stunt show and my kids were about the same age as your kids, mine are now 16 and 14.

Blackburn23

Original Poster
What a Fantastic Trip Report, I enjoyed every moment of it. I have something in common with your wife; I too was picked from the audience to be a part of the Indiana Jones Stunt show and my kids were about the same age as your kids, mine are now 16 and 14.

It was a very cool moment and when my kids get that age, I am glad we have that memory. Appreciate the kind words!

Doc Disney

Just read your entire report and loved it! It sounds like you guys had an amazing trip!!!! I can't wait until we go to Disney with my nephew and see the excitement in his eyes like you saw with your kids. We are taking him in November but he will only be 15 months so will have to wait a bit longer until he gets it haha

Blackburn23

Original Poster
Just read your entire report and loved it! It sounds like you guys had an amazing trip!!!! I can't wait until we go to Disney with my nephew and see the excitement in his eyes like you saw with your kids. We are taking him in November but he will only be 15 months so will have to wait a bit longer until he gets it haha

You guys will have a blast! The first time we went with the kids my son was only 18 months and he loved it! Maybe he didnt quite get it all, but he really enjoyed it in his own way. Thing I remember most about that trip with him was his face when these HUGE characters would walk towards him. He would point and yell what he saw. The best was Daisy Duck, he walked up to her, and pointed and looked at me and yelled DUCK DUCK DUCK and as she got closer he kept backing up.

Pretty cute to see it in their little eyes too. Enjoy your trip!!! It goes so fast.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you for sharing your trip highlights with us. It was so interesting to read, that no pictures were even necessary! Glad that you had a wonderful time, and hope you get to visit WDW again in the future. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom