Master of the Parks - Sign Up to Compete!

BryceM

Original Poster
Hello everyone, and welcome to Master of the Parks! I'm sure you're fully aware of contests that occur on the Imagineering forum of WDWMagic. I thought it would be fun to include a "professional" contest. A maximum of 15 people, yes 15, may sign up. The deadline for sign-ups is November 7th, 2012.

Contest Information!

After I have all the people willing to sign-up to compete, I will P.M. everyone the first challenge and the deadline. The P.M. will have all of the requirements for the first challenge. Those requirements are expected to be met in your proposal with your own creative twist. Once you receive the first challenge, begin writing! The day after the proposals are posted, me and two other judges will critique each one individually. After the judges have submitted their critiques, the "worst" proposal will be disqualified.

I am looking for two other judges, so if you want to be a part of this but you don't want to compete, please comment in this thread asking to be a judge. You must be committed to writing your critiques for each contestant and helping to decide who goes on and who doesn't.

Rules and Tips!

1. Be fair. Don't copy, plagiarize or completely steal anyone else's ideas. Originality is key!

2. Don't use foul language.

3. Be prepared to write! Each proposal should be a flow of your ideas, but this could mean a large of amount of typing for you!

4. Be imaginative and descriptive. The best way to appeal to the judges is by using imagery and being able to express your ideas for each proposal. This relates back to rule 3 in that there may be a lot of typing!

5. Pictures are welcome. You can make your own logos and artwork or simply find pictures off of the web to help convey your ideas. There is a limit of 5 pictures for each proposal.

6. Don't work together! This is an individual contest, not a partner contest.

7. Have fun! This is the most important rule. This is a fun online contest to help flourish your ideas but also compete them with other contestants.

Additional Information

Remember, if you're interested or have any questions, comment below! If only 4 people are interested, the contest will still go on! And also remember that two other judges are welcome to join me if they are committed!

The first thread to submit your ideas will be open on November 8th, 2012. Have fun!

BryceM

Original Poster
I'd love to compete!

So November 8th is pretty close, when do we receive the first challenge?
You will be receiving it the morning of November 8th, the day after the sign-ups close! November 8th is also when the thread to submit your ideas officially opens.

Of course, we need a lot more people to sign up, hahaha. If not, I'll extend the sign-up deadline by a day.

WED99

You will be receiving it the morning of November 8th, the day after the sign-ups close! November 8th is also when the thread to submit your ideas officially opens.

Of course, we need a lot more people to sign up, hahaha. If not, I'll extend the sign-up deadline by a day.
I'm sure more will join soon. How long will we receive for the first challenge?

Tip Top Club

I love the idea of Imagineering contests, but I work all the time, so it's difficult for me to do things by deadline. I'd love to be a judge though if there's still room!

BryceM

Original Poster
I love the idea of Imagineering contests, but I work all the time, so it's difficult for me to do things by deadline. I'd love to be a judge though if there's still room!
There is! You are now officially one of two judges! :)

All you have to do is critique each proposal. Write what was good and what was bad. Then we will collaborate and release the rankings for each challenge and determine who doesn't move forward in the contest.

BryceM

Original Poster
It would be great to be a judge, because I probably would procrastinate too much if I was a contestant. XD
Awesome! You took the final spot as judge!

Judges: 3
Contestants: 4 (so far)

Judges, I'm going to send you the first challenge so you know what to be expecting from them once the week of November 8th comes around.

LittleGiants16

I know I'm probably too late but is there any way I could be a judge? I'm a student and too busy to compete but I would love to still participate.

BryceM

Original Poster
I know I'm probably too late but is there any way I could be a judge? I'm a student and too busy to compete but I would love to still participate.
All three judge spots have been filled. I'm sorry. :(

However, if anything happens, I'll let you know! And remember, there is still 11 spaces left for competing! Even if you think you don't have enough time now, you can still sign up and try it out! If things don't work out, you may drop out of the competition.

LittleGiants16

All three judge spots have been filled. I'm sorry. :(

However, if anything happens, I'll let you know! And remember, there is still 11 spaces left for competing! Even if you think you don't have enough time now, you can still sign up and try it out! If things don't work out, you may drop out of the competition.

What the heck, I'll give it a go and see if I'll have time. I doubt I will but who knows, I may need some leniency with deadlines though with finals approaching and what not.

BryceM

Original Poster
What the heck, I'll give it a go and see if I'll have time. I doubt I will but who knows, I may need some leniency with deadlines though with finals approaching and what not.
That's fine. We can help you out and make things work!

Everyone: If you have any questions or concerns, contact me or one of the other two judges: MA Screamin' and Tip Top Club. Another friendly reminder... there is now 10 spaces left!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom