Master of the Parks: Challenge 4 - Helping out The Lost Continent

BryceM

Original Poster
Challenge 4 - Helping out The Lost Continent!

Universal's Islands of Adventure opened it's gates in 1999 to six amazing islands; Port of Entry, Marvel Super-Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, Seuss Landing and The Lost Continent.

The Lost Continent was divided into three sections; Sinbad's Bazaar, The Lost City and Merlinwood. However, when Universal unveiled plans to construct The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, part of The Lost Continent was gone forever... Merlinwood was no more. Dueling Dragons became Dragon Challenge, The Flying Unicorn became Flight of the Hippogriff and The Enchanted Oak Tavern was demolished. The Lost Continent quickly became that beautifully themed land that people look in awe at for a few minutes while on their way to The Wizarding of Harry Potter.

The Lost Continent is currently home to two attractions; Poseidon's Fury and The 8th Voyage of Sinbad. One is a walk-through an ancient temple that climaxes with a cheesy CGI battle. Don't get me wrong, the effects are cool, but this attraction is becoming a bit dated. The other is a cheesy stunt show about... Well, Sinbad. The only redeeming factors for this land is the beautiful theming and architecture, that awesome talking fountain and... Mythos. It is your job to breathe life into The Lost Continent and make it once again one of the best "islands" at Islands of Adventure!

Requirements:

-You can choose two options for Poseidon's Fury:

1.Replace Poseidon's Fury with a brand new, thrilling attraction. The facade must not be changed. You must use a new ride technology for this attraction to make this the hot new thing at Islands of Adventure

2. Completely demolish all of Poseidon's Fury and expand The Lost City. You must include one thrilling attraction (no new technology is required), a new outdoor "street" show and a small indoor family attraction of your choice. Remember to theme this expansion to The Lost City!

- You can choose two options for The 8th Voyage of Sinbad:

1. Create a brand new show to attract guests.

2. Demolish the theater, expand Sinbad's Bazaar into the newly demolished space, and build two family attractions. Remember to theme this expansion to Sinbad's Bazaar!

- You must not touch Mythos, but you may update the menu.

The deadline will be announced shortly, as it is being discussed with the judges

ctxak98

I AGREE. Literally I am craming for exams at the same time. Is there anyway we can get a little extension. I mean I dont want to drop out!

BryceM

Original Poster
The deadline will be December 20th. I think that's more than enough time, especially since you've had this challenge for a few days now.

@jdmdisney99, I suggest watching this:

It's a very clear park walk-through of Islands of Adventure and will help you get a feel for the park. Since he goes counter-clockwise, The Lost Continent is during the first half of the video.

WED99

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to say this but.... I'm out. I am going away tomorrow and will not have the time to complete this. Good Luck guys, sorry about this.

BryceM

Original Poster
@ctxak98 and @jdmdisney99, the other judges are very adamant about scratching this challenge since the drop out of WED99. I'm starting to agree with them, as this challenge is not challenging enough to be the final.

The new challenge will be sent out soon and the deadline will probably be in January. Good luck!

And CONGRATULATIONS on making it to the final challenge! The winner of this round will be deemed the winner of Master of the Parks: Season One!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom