MASSIVE sales at NYC World of Disney Store

Lunamis

Original Poster
Sad as it is to lose my only nearby Disney fix...the sales are fabulous for anyone in the area. I stopped by today and the ENTIRE store (pins and all!) is 50% and 75% off NYC World of Disney logo items. It is a little picked through by this point but it is certainly worth a trip.

I have enough Mickey shortbreads to last a good long time :p

By the way, does anyone have any clue what will happen to all the custom decor? There are these little carved woodland creatures on some of the columns and it would be quite depressing to see them just ripped down.

GizmoDuck

Sad news, great store :(

I went in there about two weeks ago, huge sales on everything with the logo

Methinks these will one day be collector's items :animwink:
(unfortunately I'm too poor of a college student to pick up any :lol:)

But when I was there the pins (including ones with WOD logo) weren't being discounted, has this definitely changed?

JimboJones123

Shame they overcommitted the Meet and Greet instead of a Giselle themed Bibbity Nobbity Boteque. They would still be rolling in the $$$.

WDW1974

This is a shame. WoD was very nice, although not nearly as nice as when it was The Disney Store's flagship.

Now ... Disney will be moving along to a Times Square location, but it will be a Disney Store, not a WoD.

Oh, and NYC WoD merchandise has been winding up the Florida Disney outlets for most of the last year. I'm sure that's what'll happen to anything they don't sell.

And again, I hate, hate, hate being a stickler for rules ... but what does this have to do with WDW News and Rumors?

I realize this is the board that gets the vast majority of hits/action on this MAGICal site, but folks should place things in the proper forums. If people have a true interest, then they'll go there. If not, no one really cared to begin with.

xtina72

UGH, I always liked seeing the big displays and it was just such a cheerful addition to the city.

And again, I hate, hate, hate being a stickler for rules ... but what does this have to do with WDW News and Rumors?

*puts WDW1974 in a motherly hug* Let it go, no sweating the small stuff....does it really matter? breathe....stop being the forum police. lol

asianway

Technically, WOD NY is part of WDW from a management and supply chain perspective. If they had a fire sale at the WOD DTD LBV this would be the place, so while a stretch, it does belong here.

WDW1974

*puts WDW1974 in a motherly hug* Let it go, no sweating the small stuff....does it really matter? breathe....stop being the forum police. lol

I love hugs!!! I'm such a warm Spirit!

And I hate being 'the forum police', believe me. I've had more than my share of on-topic discussions moved or truncated. I guess that's why I'm being here. I think it's just a case of people dropping anything and everything on this forum.

There must be a Disney Store/merchandise forum here? :xmas:

WDW1974

Technically, WOD NY is part of WDW from a management and supply chain perspective. If they had a fire sale at the WOD DTD LBV this would be the place, so while a stretch, it does belong here.

By that reasoning almost anything with the word 'Disney' in it would belong here.

There isn't any fire sale at WDW's WoD that I am aware of ... although APers can now get 20% off merchandise at pretty much every Disney owned and operated retail outlet on property thru 1/9. So there's something topical (although not news, since this happened a few weeks ago).:xmas:

xtina72

Im glad WDW1974...Im a nurturer by nature, so when ever you feel like your going all forum police freak out just give a shout, I shall hug you to my bosom. :lol:

asianway

By that reasoning almost anything with the word 'Disney' in it would belong here.

There isn't any fire sale at WDW's WoD that I am aware of ... although APers can now get 20% off merchandise at pretty much every Disney owned and operated retail outlet on property thru 1/9. So there's something topical (although not news, since this happened a few weeks ago).:xmas:

I never said there was, but NYC WOD(post Childrens Place) and the Cruise Line have always been part of WDW from an organizational perspective. But I would think you knew that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom