Married students

mrsloki

Original Poster
I hope I wouldn't be the only one married and in school lol, but we live in Vancouver Canada and I would be doing this program through my college here. We can't be apart for seven months, no way no how. So how do other married students do it? My thinking is he can get his own housing and a job while I'm in school.
PLEAAAASSSSSSSSSSe tell me others have done this?

BrittanyRose428

I'm not married, but I'm in a committed relationship of 4 years. We both applied but only I got in. It doesn't make any sense for him to stop what he's doing here and up and move to Florida. I don't think it's realistic to expect that he would be able to find a job and housing in Florida for only the time that I'm there. He will be staying here, and I'll be going. It's only 6 months, people do the long distance thing all the time. And we trust each other, so I'm not really worried. He's going to come to visit, probably once in the middle of the program, but him moving there does not make any sense. Just call each other a lot, and use Google hangouts and Skype, it should be doable.

AndyS2992

Simple answer really would be that married students do not do it for this exact reason unfortunately. If you can last several months alone then fine go ahead but if not then no, don't do it. It will only cause stress and other emotional problems which will make you probably drop out anyway.

mrsloki

Original Poster
I guess my real question is, if I can live outside of the student dorms? My husband will be going with me, but finding work there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom