Marriage Proposal ideas?

Stormhammer22

Hey everyone. Does anyone have any really good WDW marriage proposal ideas? I want to pop the question to my girlfriend when we go down in March and I'm having a hell of a time thinking about what I should do. Does WDW charge you for specific situations that they help you out with? Where is the best place to do it?, etc.

Any help would be appriciated.

crazydaveh

Stormhammer22 said:
Hey everyone. Does anyone have any really good WDW marriage proposal ideas? I want to pop the question to my girlfriend when we go down in March and I'm having a hell of a time thinking about what I should do. Does WDW charge you for specific situations that they help you out with? Where is the best place to do it?, etc.

Any help would be appriciated.

I just returned from a trip where I proposed to my now fiance... she said it was the best trip to Disney ever! We go there a lot too!

Here's what I did...

Had her think the entire family (mom, dad, sister, brother in law, and neice were down from Atlanta) was going to eat at Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. When we got there, my dad called my cell to tell me that they were too tired and for us to eat alone.

This worked. She had no clue and fell into my plan. I had Priority Seating for 8:10. I also called and talked to the manager who's name is Chris before hand to inform him of my plan. We arrived a few minutes early and enjoyed some drinks at the bar. Our table was ready about 15 minutes after we arrived.

We ate a delicious dinner. I had steak and potatoes and she had seafood.

After dinner, the fireworks started over at MK and we watched them at our table. Afterwords, I gave her a charm that had, "Will you marry me" inscribed on it. While she was reading it, I got down on my knee and pulled out the ring. She cried for a while... it was a good happy cry :sohappy: and said yes.

The entire restaurant clapped for us. Many of the people there came over to offer their congrats.

It was a great way to keep it romantic, and at the parks!

If you need any detailed info, drop me a message!

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Nansafan

While eating at Cindy's for dinner, we were lucky enough to witness a proposal. The gentleman gave the ring to his server while his lady was in the rest room. It was presented back to her with dessert and then after she said yes, there was a Royal Announcement in the Castle announcing the Engagement of Lord Somebody and Lady Somebody. (Sorry don't remember the names, this was in 1993.

We have used Jane at Gifts of a Lifetime for a couple special events. She does a wonderful job and has great ideas. Her website is www.giftsofalifetime.com. Also do a search on this site, this topic was discussed a few months ago and you might find an idea or two from that. Good Luck and congratulations. Make sure you post and let us know what happened.

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

If you call ahead and plan it out, Cinderella's is SOOO romantic. You will have to slip away to give the ring to the manager. Then the server will come to the table with a large serving platter with a domed lid. It will be placed in front of your lady. When she lifts the dome she will see a glass slipper encircled by roses, grown outside the castle. Inside the slipper will be one perfect rose, with the ring nestled inside its center.

You can even buy the slipper afterwards and have it engraved on Main Street. The server will announce to the diners "She said yes !" and everyone will cheer. You can even slip a camera to one of the servers for a candid shot of the moment.

Congratulations !

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Mine was simple - surprise her when she was there with her family (they all knew), and propose in front of Cinderella Castle. :sohappy: Of course, the timing worked out to be better than I could have ever imagined, it happened just before the Fantasy In The Sky fireworks, and then we watched the MSEP from Frontierland. :D MHO - as long as it's special to you and her, it doesn't matter where or how you do it. The dinner at Cinderella's certainly sounds very romantic, but be creative! Do something that you know she'll love!

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

Like others have mentioned, simple in front of the castle during Wishes can be perfect as well. That's how I was proposed to and it was definetly perfect. My advice would be to do it early in your trip, that way the rest of the trip will have an extra magical touch to it. Good luck! :)

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You can make it as splashy or as intimate as you want here, you're imagination is probably your biggest limitation. There are a lot of other threads that I'll try to link later, but generally the most popular seem to be anywhere during wishes, in the rose garden or during dinner in Cinderella's Castle.

Generally, Cast Members are very good in helping, contact Guest Services or a restaurant and work to set things up, they will be happy to play along, present the ring in one form or another and help make it special. If she has a favorite character, you might arrange through Guest Services to have that character present to her.

Let me look for those links...

Upvote 0

disneygirl_wdw

My finace just proposed to me over Chritmas break. It was so romantic but freezing cold. We ate dinner at Ohana's and then headed out to the beach at the Polynesian to watch Wishes. Just after Wishes was finished he asked me. He put the ring on the nose of a crystal dolphin (dolphin being my favorite animal) and gave me the Beauty and Prince pin "And they lived happily ever after"(since our nicknames are Belle and Beast). It was great other then being cold and my feet being numb (don't walk on the beach barefoot when it's 40º outside). It was my dream proposal. I'm sure she'll enjoy whatever you decide to do.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Congratulations

DiPSU224 said:
Like others have mentioned, simple in front of the castle during Wishes can be perfect as well. That's how I was proposed to and it was definetly perfect. My advice would be to do it early in your trip, that way the rest of the trip will have an extra magical touch to it. Good luck! :)

Congratulations, I don't know how I missed that announcement. Great news!

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

MonoRon said:
Here's crazy idea, do it right before you fall in TOT or on splash moutain before the fall into the briar patch.

That's a interesting idea! With my proposal last month... My fiance wouldn't of heard me asking! She would of been screaming so loud!

Neat idea though!

Upvote 0

Pluto Parking

Do it in COP and say...."Now is the time, Now is the best time.... for you to be my wife baby cause its gonna be a great big beautiful tomorrow!"

Thats so sick. I can't believe I wrote that. Never mind.

Upvote 0

Stormhammer22

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the great ideas! I think I'm going to go with popping the question at Cinderella's Royal Table during dinner. It's a nice place, the ring in the glass slipper sounds really romantic and cool, and Cinderella is my girlfriend's favorite princess so it all works out. :)

Upvote 0

Sleepy01

I would say book and an Illuminations cruise...We took our parents on one for their anniversary in Sept. I really can't think of anything more romantic than that...It was incredible...

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

like a few others, my fiance proposed infront of the Castle on the first day of hte trip...with a nice stranger taking pictures as he pulled out the ring, got on one knee, and me crying and flipping out :) was the best trip of my life!

congrats to you! and hope whatever you plan works out magically :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom