1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

March Mania S1:RESULTS

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by kmbmw777, Mar 16, 2017.

1. JokersWild

JokersWild Well-Known Member

First, a project from the boards. Coming from SYWTBAI Season 13:
    @SandyClaws, @Basketbuddy101, @FigmentsPigments, @OtherpeopleIdon'tknow

2. FigmentPigments

FigmentPigments Well-Known Member

A little biased, but I'm proud of every potion of this project.

3. JokersWild

And now a nomination twofer coming all the way from SYWTBAI Season 11 (all the way back in 2012ish.) First up:

@MANEATINGWREATH, @Basketbuddy101, @CoastaFreak (who is unfortunately not on these boards)

4. FigmentPigments

FigmentPigments Well-Known Member

Some of the best artwork and teamwork I've ever been apart of on the boards.
    [​IMG]

5. Magic Feather

Magic Feather Well-Known Member

@kmbmw777 , maybe you should post catergories such as "International" "New Land" etc. to help form first catergories, and make nominations easier.

6. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

I was going to suggest something similar in that -- perhaps they can be categorized by project "form" and "era"

Instead of the East, West, South, and Midwest regional categories like in the NCAA - maybe something like...

Comp Projects (pre- Jan 2016)
    Comp Projects (post- Jan 2016)
    Individual Comp Projects
    Freelance Projects

The pre-2016 date for comps would be because a lot of current members on here began in 2016, so comps that pre-date 2016 aren't as current and would be better to be narrowed down based on projects in their era. Then the post-2016 are remembered easier and more recent (and also completed by the people who will be voting more often than not).

Individual Comp Projects are (on average) less often than Team Comp projects, so there wouldn't need to be a year attached to it.

And Freelance Projects are to make sure that non-comp oriented projects get their time in the sun. And also -- if in the first round, a comp project that had a deadline of 5 days is compared to a freelance one that took a month, then it would probably be booted out earlier than it should.

kmbmw777, RMichael21, S.P.E.W and 2 others like this.
  7. JokersWild

And the second Season 11 nomination:
    @monkey92514, @Snoopy

8. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

First I'd like to nominate @MonorailRed 's Western Expedition attraction. Probably her best project, and one of the best period, to be put on the forums. (and it was just posted yesterday too!)

9. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Next nomination would be @Imagineerland and his amazingly detailed attraction: "The Indiana Jones Adventure: Lost City of the Gods"

10. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Next one goes without saying:p This will always be my personal favorite project, and yes a bit biased -- but Xanadu by Team Lassetoki in The Sole Imagineer Season 2.

There is a story behind this in that, long story short -- we got called out for a weaker project the round before, and then changed all our avatars for the project to different Avengers characters and worked really hard to create this. It was the team effort more than anything.

@MonorailRed @tcool123 @Flippin'Flounder @Sam4D23 @Ranky64 and myself

11. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Last nomination from me so my picks don't dominate the tally (I could go on though:p) but Team Baby Groot's Princess and the Frog attraction from The Creator Games.

@FigmentPigments @OvertheHorizon @Jsly @MCParradox @Brer Oswald @Poe Dameron @Expedition626 @C. E. Myatt @Disney Dad 3000

12. Imagineerland

Imagineerland Well-Known Member

Yep that was the one I was going to submit so thanks for doing it for me. That's my favorite thing I've done. I'll think if there's anything else I think I should submit, but if you want to keep it to 1 from me, it would be that one.

13. Pionmycake

Pionmycake Well-Known Member

I'll make a nomination or two!
    First, I have a project from the One Sentence Comp.
    The Elemental Calvacade Parade by @Sephirenn
    Easily one of my favorite proposals from Episode 1 of Season 3 and one that I feel is described well enough (even with only a couple sentences) to fit in here.

14. Pionmycake

Pionmycake Well-Known Member

15. Imagineerland

Imagineerland Well-Known Member

I have two other suggestions. Use them if you want, but I understand if you want to stick to the one Indiana Jones project.

First, something that I like that did pretty well, but was a couple years ago so many of you may not have seen it. A design for an Adventureland in a new small park, including a Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. I like this a lot.

http://imagineerland.blogspot.com/2015/06/sydney-summer-adventureland.html

And second, something a little stranger than didn't get much attention, and that I am pretty happy with and proud of. A proposal for a extra ticket Halloween Event for Hollywood Studios. Note that it uses a park design of my own, so its extremely different than what is there and actually being built. This is totally different than what I normally make, but I had an idea and wanted to make it work.

http://imagineerland.blogspot.com/2015/10/halloween-at-dhs-and-halloween-town.html

16. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

My all time favorite group project. This one was just a blast, and I love the concepts we created. As a diehard fan of Disneyland Paris, I feel this would work perfectly and stayed true to the vision of the dreamers in all of us.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  17. David2319

Overall just spectacular work by @Imagineerland. Another perfect way to perfect Disneyland Paris!
    Disney's Hollywood Adventure Paris Park Plan

The Avengers, Iron Man, Spider-man, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Robbin Hood, The Little Mermaid, The Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story, Ratatouille, Inside Out, Finding Nemo, plus Disney Animation Studios, the Twilight Zone, and classic Hollywood cinema. That' s the outline of this new version of an expansion plan for the current Disney Studios Paris. It's a big lineup that makes this a true top tier movie park.

I posted a version of this plan a year and a half ago, a version that was admittedly under developed. I wanted to leave plenty of expansion area and I had already committed some big properties, including Star Wars, to the Disneyland Park, so the plan was light, and therefore, under received.

Since the result of that post, my plan was to come back with a larger and more ambitious design that includes the full spectrum of the film properties that are in the Disney company. That meant moving Star Wars and Indiana Jones to this park to consolidate the IP heavy hitters and save the Disneyland Park for more original areas. This is a firmly Hollywood IP style park, and should be, so I have no issue using almost completely IPs to create immersive worlds from the best films of the Disney family.

So I decided to structure the park around the big four film families of the company plus a entrance land based on classic Hollywood, all set around a modified hub and spoke that utilizes a good portion of the existing park layout and infrastructure.

[​IMG]

Now for the details.

Old Hollywood is the substitute Main Street but is more substantial with multiple attractions. I kept the forecourt, water tower, and Stage 1, which I know many have suggested removing, but I believe it is an effective sequential entry path in this design, and personally think it is necessary to the park.

Stage 1 serves the same purpose as the Train Station by compressing the visual distance at the entrance of the park and creating a series of thresholds and steps to the ultimate experience of the inner park. The problem is that the existing park tries to make it the Train Station, Town Square, and Main Street all in one space, which does not work both because of crowding and density, and just because it does not make sense. If the interior space is not treated so heavily and instead can just be a transition space, really just a tunnel through to the other side, and not somewhere where guests are encouraged to linger, I think it can be a successful step into the real Main Street that I add ahead, and succeeds in blocking the view to the central park from the exterior park.

[​IMG]

So the inside of Stage 1 is redressed as a classic golden age Hollywood set in the middle of filming, maybe a 1950's New York street, dressed for the big Singing in the Rain style musical number that is perpetually about to be filmed. The lights are on, the sound is rolling, and we have entered the idea of Hollywood. So now that we are not lingering in here to shop or eat, we move out of the building on the other side and find ourselves back in time in the streets of the ideal Hollywood. We pass under another studio arch, showing that we are now exiting the "studio" and entering the "real city". A roundabout, with Partners in the center, branches left, right, and straight ahead. Realistic city facades surround us, no fake studio style buildings visible except the one we just exited. Imagine the architecture style of Buena Vista Street for all this. The area that is currently just concrete wastelands is planned with streets and plenty of planted areas with trees.

Right is a short street that leads to Pixar Place, with a new large facade with retail on the existing theater and new facades on the current animation building. The Crush's Coaster building that terminates the street is rethemed as a classic aquarium, so the architecture blends into the Hollywood city style.

Straight ahead is the more normal Main Street section, but a little flipped. The current animation building with all new facades becomes exclusively retail as the main "Emporium" of the park. Beyond that on the right, replacing the Green Army Men Parachute ride, is The Brown Derby with outdoor seating looking to the Hub. The left side of the street has a new retail building in front of the Tower of Terror, and a small bakery building in the shadow of the tower. The Hub itself is similar to the traditional, and actually matches the dimensions of the Disneyland Park Paris Hub. The icon is the Chinese Theater, because what else says Hollywood. I mean, except the actual Hollywood letters, but making a hill an icon doesn't really work. I tried.

To the left is the most substantial area of this land with three attractions. Around another larger roundabout is more city facades, including the existing Cinemagic with a new facade and retail and the existing Tower of Terror which absolutely does not get rethemed. Even if the Twilight Zone theme leaves, it stays as a golden age Hollywood story. The new attraction replaces and reuses the Playhouse Disney building to create a modern attraction in the spirit of The Great Movie Ride, similar to what I proposed in my plan for California Adventure. The actual building is a movie theater, much smaller than the Chinese Theater, set for a Hollywood premier. Instead of just a tour through significant films, the attraction has the more interactive goal to put us in the movie making process as the stars of Hollywood instead of just being bystanders. This attraction is on a long term list of attractions to develop in the future. There is also a Red Car Trolley that runs through the land.

Pixar is the least affected of the lands but still gets changes. Like I mentioned, half of the existing Toy Story land is removed so that the Hub and the pathway into the Pixar area can be developed. The path leads to a central generic Pixar open area between the four film specific areas. Adjacent to this area is also a Pixar Cafe counter service location, with the same style as Pixar headquarters, and a meet and greet building and adjacent gazebo at the former animation building. Ratatouille is unchanged.

The Toy Story area extends north and includes three new attractions in the oversized toy world. There is a carousel where guests ride on a large toys, a balloon race style spinner, like Fliks Fliers, and a new big version of Toy Story Mania, set in an oversized board game box. The ride uses the same idea as the existing, but I would like to see a version that combines real sets and triggered effects and the digital game scenes, so that is what I propose here. Digital scenes are interspersed with larger than life toy sets that are filled with triggers and a few animatronic figures of the main characters.

I decided on Inside Out for the last expansion area, replacing the costuming building, and let this be a traditional dark ride through the world of the inner mind, using the train of thought as a ride vehicle.

The Finding Nemo area includes Crush's Coaster redressed and themed as an aquarium, with a larger interior aquarium lobby with limited example exhibits and a version of Turtle Talk.

Across the park, Marvel also reuses a few existing buildings. There are two areas in this land: Stark Expo, which uses Rockin Roller coaster, Armageddon, and the restaurant building, and New York, which is new construction. Thematically, these choices seemed obvious. Because of the extreme variety of characters and locations in the franchise, this needed to be a kind of median space where all the stories could come together, and that seems to often be New York. Coming from the left side of Hollywood, guests come down a promenade between modern and high tech facades on the existing buildings towards a large rotating video sphere at the end of the road, marking the Iron Man exhibit at the Expo. The existing restaurant building stays as a high tech counter service location, and the Armageddon building becomes a technology showcase area, with cool interactive technology games and exhibits about Iron Man and the Avengers. Rockin Roller Coaster is redressed as a Stark flying vehicle prototype attraction. The queue moves through preshows of Tony showing off his suit and the new vehicle we are getting to test and then we board for a flight around the Expo. This is done with both some physical sets that we fly by inside the dark building, and some projections along the side of the track, like in the Tron coaster and Hyperspace Mountain.

The New York area begins at the Hub and leads down a street, also towards the Stark Expo icon sphere. Limited retail on the left and right lead down to the intersection with the New York streets on the right. These are much larger facades to hide the large showbuildings. To the right is a Spider-man dark ride that uses a new or custom system to bring the swinging and height to the adventures of Spider-man. I am thinking something similar to the fabled Pandora's Box ride system that never really happened, where the ride vehicle is able to traverse through scenes both on the ground and up through the air. Spider-man deserves to be able to leave the ground. Across the street is the large Avengers attraction, which is some kind of motion based media attraction and would feature the entire Marvel roster, since this is the premier attraction of the land and the IP. Retail and a snack location or two fill in the facades.

The Lucas Studios land is two areas with two of the most popular stories of all cinema: Indiana Jones and Star Wars. The Star Wars area is a copy of what is coming to the American parks, and the drawing itself is based on my best interpretation of the art. I also included the possible future 3rd attraction, though I do not know what it is.

The Indiana Jones area is a little different that the other Indiana Jones theme park lands. Those are all jungle and temple themed, and those definitely work, but I wanted to try something a little more urban and play into another area that Indy has explored and add variety. I decided on creating a thrilling adventure through the underground catacombs of Rome, so the land is formed of an intersection of history-rich Roman streets and an open hilled park sitting along the crumbling Aurelian Walls, which is the border to Star Wars.

The land begins at the Hub and passes through a bit of a transition to move us from the Hub to Rome. The corridor between the Spider-man and Chinese Theater showbuildings is dressed as a backlot that gently fades into the real treatment of Rome, as if we are stepping onto a set and then into the film. Therefore, along this leg of the path, the facades are a little more fake and there is a Backlot Express counter service location. But turn the corner and it is full Rome, and once you are on this section of the street, the backlot theme is not visible at all.

The main attraction is on the right side, and begins in a historic church. The queue takes us through to the second level of the cloister, modeled on Bramante's Cloister in Rome and then down through the entrance to the ancient ruins below the church, where Indy is exploring for a lost ancient relic. The attraction is a new version of an EMV/water coaster hybrid that I am developing. Expect a post soon. The attraction floats us through a river of the catacombs where we encounter a lost Roman city in ruins, leading to dark ride and coaster portions of the attraction, before a final splashdown drop back into the catacombs river. This concept is based on some real Roman churches that I visited, specifically the Basilica of San Clemente al Laterano which is a 12th century church on top of a 4th century church on top of 1st century Roman ruins that includes a Roman cult temple. Literal layers of history the deeper you go, and somewhere that Indiana Jones would definitely explore.

Across the street is a pizzeria and retail, and the other side is an obelisk and the Roman Forum park, gently sloping up to the massive walls, blocking Star Wars. There is another smaller church building along the park, on the path leading to Star Wars. This is another entrance to the catacombs, but this is more of an exploration walk through attraction where you can explore a little area built under the sloping hill. The final building on the other side of the park holds a fine dining restaurant on the second floor, looking over the land, and an attraction on the ground floor set in an Antiquities museum. This is more of an animatronics and special effects show where we find some mysterious artifacts that Dr. Jones has recently found.

The last land is Walt Disney Studios and is the most diverse. I was a little unsure of how I wanted to go with this and what films to represent. I decided to do a single animation based area because so many of the animated films are already in the other park, and multiple individual areas based on the top live action films. The animation went in the Chinese Theater and attached interior space, which I think is a nice reminder of the central importance of the animated films to the success of the Disney company. Inside the interior land is a interior animated courtyard like the one in DCA, meet and greets, animation studios and interactive classes, and a new 360 degree version of Philharmagic, which uses the CircuMotion theater design.

For the other areas, I had to decide what films to represent. A look at the recent live action releases of the studio that are not Marvel or Lucas shows that the only thing that has shown real success is the live action classic animation films, so that was my direction. This was actually considered last time too, but it wasn't as definite that they were going to have success. I decided to set this up as basically a live action Fantasyland Forest, so the films needed to fit that feel. Also I wanted to do 3-4 lands now and leave room for 2-3 based on what finds success. So my picks: The Jungle Book because of its strong international success, Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid because of their success potential based on how loved the classics are, and for the last slot, I'm making a prediction with Robbin Hood, which is supposed to be in the same vein as Pirates of the Caribbean. I think all of those have the potential to be popular and enough and an interesting enough themed environment to warrant space in the land.

The main entrance from the Hub moves along a long forested path, with the animation building on the left and Toy Story Land on the right. Once past Toy Story, we are in Belle's Village, with her cottage on the left and the village on the right. The cottage is a meet and greet, the village holds a large Gaston's Tavern and retail, and beyond is the Castle sitting on the rocky hill. Paths lead over a stream and through the woods towards the rock entrances to the undergrounds of the castle. Inside is a version of Be Our Guest but in a Ballroom that is even more regal based on the film design, and a large traditional dark ride through the story of the film.

Paths continue to the next area and transition to the jungles of the Jungle Book. This is much more densely vegetated to transport us deep in the jungle. The main attraction is a large classic boat ride through the world of the film, including sets and mixed media scenes. There is also a chain swing ride themed as swinging vines and a retail location inside a ruined temple.

Next, around the bend of the path, is The Little Mermaid area. We cross a bridge and look out over the new lagoon with Eric's castle on the other side. Ahead is a fishing village style area with a full size sailing ship that can be explored. Aside the castle is the entrance into the attraction, which is a "trackless" suspended dark ride like my proposal for UP that is also similar to the Tony Baxter Little Mermaid attraction concept. The ride exits to a large under the sea post show area. Inside the expansion on the showbuilding is Ariel's underwater kingdom with interactive play space, meet and greet, and retail.

Last is the Forest of Nottingham, where guests find a small town square in the woods with a castle looming above. In the town is a Nottingham Tavern that is seedy and mysterious. The castle is the entrance to the ride, which is some kind of large action filled media ride, with carriage ride vehicles that explore the exciting world of Robbin Hood. Back in the forest is a ropes course attraction high above the forest floor. Again, this area is based on a movie that is years away and I can only speculate that it will be successful because of its comparison to the Pirates franchise.

And this area loops back to the Indiana Jones Rome area, completing the park.

There is also a new parade route, which is noted with the red dash on the plan. It is approximately the same length as the castle park routes, matching the Magic Kingdom route closest. It stays in the front half of the park where there are the best defined paths instead of the back area which is too densely vegetated for a parade to really work.

There is also extra room in front of the Chinese Theater for roll out stages like Hollywood Studios has done before. I think this is a better option that a permanent stage.

And finally, for the nightly event, there is infrastructure includes for both projection and limited fireworks. Towers are included in the Hollywood architecture to project on the full Chinese Theater facade and the entire height of the Tower of Terror, creating more space for the show to be seen from. There is a main fireworks launch on the Indy building and smaller side launches behind and to the side as well as to the side of the Tower of Terror. The main launch could handle 3" shells with minimal closed fallout area, basically just part of Rome and the rest would just shoot low level pyro effects that don't require large fallout. If really needed, a large launch site could be located behind the park, past the public space, but night shows are getting lighter on fireworks, so I do not think it is necessary. Low level and projection effects should be enough.

This plan brings the park up to having 29 attractions vs the current 16 or so. Amazingly there are only 7 attractions that are not substantially changed, so it is an addition of 22 attractions. Only 4 see absolutely no change: Tower of Terror, Ratatouille, and the two remaining rides of Toy Story Land. This is alot of change for this park that makes it a real top level themed environment. I am much happier with this plan.

So what do you think about the plan? Did I include the films you wanted? Any suggestions for those last few expansions? Let me know!

18. David2319

And last but not least, is a wonderful post by @MonorailRed in a competition that introduced me to the forums. @BryceM's Master of the Parks!
    “A vista into a world of wondrous ideas, signifying man’s achievements….a step into the future, with predictions of constructive things to come. Tomorrow offers new frontiers in science, adventure, and ideals: The Atomic Age, the challenge of outer space, and the hope for a peaceful and unified world.”
    -Walt Disney
July 17, 1955
    ____
    I really strived to base Tomorrowland off of this quote. I knew that I wanted to include science, adventure, ideals, outer space, and an idea of a peaceful and unified world.
    I also wanted to go back to the basics of Tomorrowland, by asking the question "What is the story of Tomorrowland as of today?" Well, there isn't much, other then it's a land, with futuristic rides. I wanted to change that, making this a total redesign, story-wise and remodel.
    The New Tomorrowland Story:
    I wanted to make this not only a reflection on what Walt wanted for EPCOT, but also a look into what a child's imagination of what Tomorrowland could be, gone wild. I really wanted to take advantage of the views of the Contemporary Resort in Tomorrowland. So, I wanted to make this story that Tomorrowland isn't just a land, it's a small suburb of a much larger, much more complex area named Progress city.
    [​IMG]
    I wanted to make a story behind this expansion, and what better way to make this story about a familiar character? I decided to work with the father in The Carousel of Progress
    Progress City's new Mayor John Elias has been busy at work to make this city of the future the biggest and brightest it can be. His latest projects have been in taking place the suburb area, which he has grown up working and living, Tomorrowland.
    "Tomorrowland is receiving a brand new look on the future" John Elias says to the press. "There's been a interesting outlook on what this area could be and what the progression of the future is since I was born in the City!" He adds.
    Tomorrowland itself is extremely proud of Progress City's new Mayor, and John's ancestry, so much that a museum of his ancestor’s progression into the future, The Carousel of Progress, is the main event of Tomarrowland's historical museum itself!
    John is excited to retire the old Autotopia speedway in the north end of Tomorrowland in place of new, hyperspace travel at the new Progress city rental car center. "This form of travel has been known since the astronauts with Space Mountain travel, but the Progress City Labs have perfected it to a point where you can go from one part of the city to the next in a matter of seconds!" Elias adds, "The Labs have been so well with perfecting this travel I'm working with the community to form their own lab. Right here in Tomorrrowland!"
    But the biggest endeavor to this new take on Tomorrowland is the new Downtown district "This new area is very promising, I can't even to begin to say what we have planned! A tribute to Wall-e, Robot Coliseum, entertainment, and the relocation of the Laugh Floor!"
    You've heard it here, you humans, aliens, monsters, and robots. A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is even closer then you think to Tomorrowland's future.
    This new theming will make different distinct areas of Tomorrowland. The Community District, The Travel District, and the Downtown District. Each District will have it's own theming, and own unique attractions. Tomorrowland itself will all be tied together with the one thing that will make this land: The Story
    The Community District:
    This is where you see Laugh Floor and Stitch's Great Escape today. This area will get a new, fresh coat of paint, and different, neon lighting at the top of the buildings opposed to the generator satellite dish type objects you see today on there.
    [​IMG]
    The rock formations at the entrance to Tomorrowland will be taken out and replaced with a Futuristic, gate-like area.
    This area is also getting 2 newly themed rides. Cadet Space Training and The Tomorrowland Labs.
    Space Cadet Training will be a new, one-of-a-kind ride to Tomorrowland the will Replace Laugh Floor. It will be a Sorain' type ride with Superman Ultimate Flight type seating
    This ride will feed into the idea that you in "Flight Training” for Tomorrowland's Security Agency. You are lead by a flying robot like instructor. The trainees start off being launched from Tomorrowland to Planet MMXVI an "Uninhabited" planet for training. There, you and your "Flight team" (other guests) will be dodging asteroids, the planet's lava and geysers. You star to go into a cavern like area for closed space flight tests, when you see this guy. He's not too happy to see you.
    Your Robot guide starts to take you outside the cavern as fast as you can, trying to go back to the landing/launching site on the planet. The part of the ride with the most tension is when there is a 3-2-1 countdown for returning to Tomorrowland, and the creature is only a couple feet away from the audience waiting for blast off. When you arrive back to Tomorrowland Landing Site, you are named honorary Space Cadets and as they exit, are told if they have extra time, to help Buzz Lightyear defat Zurg.
    With Buzz Lightyear in the same show building, this will make the entire building feel like a Police Department for this building of Tomorrowland.
    For a new restaurant theming I wanted to play off of the new Security building in the Community District, so I thought what's more iconic for Police and Security snacks then Coffee and Doughnuts. The Tomorrowland Terrace will be re-themed to a new restaurant, themed as Dane's Intergalactic Doughnut Shop. This new theming will be themed to a futuristic doughnut shop, with unique offerings. Of course, Starbucks will move from the Main Street Bakery and come over here for Coffee and other specialty drink offerings. There will also be sweet classic doughnut offerings, Plain, glazed, powdered, filled, and others like Beignets and Churros. They will also be more unique sweet offerings, like Melon, Green Tea, Cheesecake, and Pineapple Upsidown doughnuts. The real pull here is the savory doughnuts options: The Monte Christo, the Pizza filled doughnut, the corn dog doughnut, Sour cream and Potato, cheese, coffee, and the doughnut burger. You have classic sides to go with it, salads, fries, onion rings, and the unique side: Sweet Doughnut fries with a raspberry dipping sauce. You might also see some Tomorrowland Police Officers to chat with.

The Tomorrowland Labs will totally gut out Stitch and the ride system in it. Even an Expansion of the show building towards the entrance of Tomorrowland. It's a new, original story, tying in with the new Progress City Theme.
    The Tomorrowland Labs it an interactive, auido-anametronic show. It first starts out with you picking you own touring team with "Lab assistants", Orange (Intense) or Green (Less Intense). I decided to make them these colors because it's the same colors used for Mission Space, so the guests have less confusion on which colors to pick.
    The Main Theme is it will showcase a brand new, tour of the labs. With different experiments and newfound discoveries galore! But when you go into a Main Lab rotunda, a code red appears, something goes wrong and the entrance and exit doors close.
    With the green team, you are stuck in the chemist lab section of the Tomorrowland Labs. In a tube full of mixing chemicals, an Alien like monster is made with chemicals that have been released. (You might remember Skippy form Stitch's Great Escape and Alien Encounter…) When you figure out the right button the Lab assistant even says, "He might even make a good pet, I think I'll call him Skippy."
    [​IMG]
    With the Orange Team, you are stuck in the Greenhouse testing facilities, with a plant-like monster created, more fearsome, and to add to the experience, the main lights in the room are turned off, the only one's showing are the Lab's "Emergency Lights". I wanted to make this creature look like a Bat, a bug, a mythical monster, a Venus Fly trap, and a few other plants.
    [​IMG]
    The interesting part of this experience is the host and guests have to find the correct button in the lab with hints from blueprints and other things in the lab to get out. Different buttons cause different things to happen, making this show/attraction different from time to time.
    Outside the Labs will be A Lab assistant holding Skippy, an interactive way to make the Labs feel more "immersive". I like to compare it to the Dreamfinder and figment old walkarounds.
    [​IMG]
    Mickey's Startraders will mostly be kept the same merchandise-wise. Nothing new at all except for new merchandise based on Space Cadet Training and the Tomorrowland Labs. But a new ice cream/soda shop will be near the entrance of Startraders called The Lab Fountain.
    The story behind it goes that in the first lab in Progress City, the Scientists brought in an ice cream mix, but with nothing to make ice cream, the scientists came up with their own way to eat this delicious treat, liquid nitrogen. Soon, all of Progress City heard about this new ice cream, so much they opened a shop! As the Original in Progress city became more popular, they decided to start a chain with one in Tomorrowland.
    [​IMG]
    The last piece of this district is the Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. Carousel of Progress will get the TLC it's needed, but it will mostly stay the same. It'll receive a new, indoor, museum-like queue to go with the new Tomorrowland story.
    [​IMG]
    The Travel District:
    The one thing that will be putting together the Community and the Travel District is the PeopleMover. I'm going to give it an entirely new signage and a new design on the building. Astro Orbiter will be demolished for a new, neon blue and white light display that'll be the center of attention to Tomorrowland at night. The Launching Pad will also go in favor of a mist station that'll be nice in the summer months.
    [​IMG]
    The Old Skyway building is going to be taken down and replaced by a new attraction, Progress City Car Rental.
    Progress City Car Rental will be the solution to replacing Autotopia and a brand new ride. It gives you a car to drive on a track, much like Autotopia, but, sometimes a robotic, interactive GPS takes control of your car and you go on a crazy ride through the city. It'll be a cross between Autotopia, Test Track, and Roger Rabbit ToonCar Spin. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Highlights of this ride include a brand new, completely refurbished model of Walt Disney's vision for EPCOT model, right on the new second floor of the Carousel of Progress. It'll be shown much like the flying over London Scene in Peter Pan's Flight.

The more you keep going into the travel District the more… Apple Product White the buildings get.
    [​IMG]
    The Arcade by Space Mountain turns into a Gift shop for Tomorrowland. The only other real change for this building is that it'll be repainted to an Apple-like white.
    Rockettower Plaza Stage will be also getting a new white apple product-like paint.
    Space Mountain stays the same, I love the ride, and it’s a classic to me.
    The Downtown District:
    As mentioned before, Autotopia will be torn down for a brand new downtown part of Tomorrowland for it's new "city" feel. It's going to have a color scheme much like the future City in Meet the Robinsons. But, its buildings will be made of brick. Kind of an old-downtown with a Futuristic Look Fusion.
    The Laugh Floor will be moved to the Downtown area, making more sense as a "Downtown Comedy Club"
    I also made a "Meet the Robinsons" Themed Gift Shop. The story is the Robinson Industries is having an expo in the newly rented Downtown District space. You'll even be seeing audio animatronic frogs sing on chandlers as you shop.
    Also, there will be a free-roving audio-animatronic "Newsie" Robot around this Area, giving out the Tomorrowland Galactic Gazette. The latest new is that Monsters Inc. and Progress City have made a new power deal. If they supply power for Tomorrowland, they can have the new, spacious club downtown.
    This means you'll get to see these guys roaming around filling up power stations in various places in Tomorrowland. Also, free-roving audio-animatronics.
    [​IMG]
    I made this the downtown area so the Starlight Cafe could make sense as a "Downtown Eatery" It'll also be given a new coat of Meet the Robinson Paint.
    Robot Coliseum will be found on the left side of Cosmic Rays. On the outside, it looks like a regular brick building, on the inside; you'll see a huge stadium. This will be home to the newest show, Robot Wars. The show will be a way to see the basics how robots are made and you can also see them fight firsthand! There will be audio-animatronic robot announcers, who keep track of the action. And with the Announcerbot, they have similar humor to Statler and Waldorf (The Two Old Guys) from the Muppets. The Announcerbot is the host of the show, introducing different wars and explaining different robotic functions.
    [​IMG]

Lastly, nestled in between the Dumbos and the end of the Building Robot Wars will be a Calm, Wall-e Grotto Area. With it's forest-y feel, this will be a good area that will blend in well for the "in between" part of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

[​IMG]

19. Flippin'Flounder

Flippin'Flounder Well-Known Member

kmbmw777, S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  20. Flippin'Flounder

Flippin'Flounder Well-Known Member

Also from TCG1 by @MCParradox