Marathon weekend- report your times here

frank2271

Finished my first Full in 4:42. Had a great time, the last 5 miles were definately mind over matter, but I pushed through and can honestly say I ran the whole thing. That was my goal, to run the whole thing. I, fortunately, did not suffer from any post race feelings. I am signed up to do the Princess with my wife next month and plan on doing the DL half in September. GOTTA get my hands on the "Coast to Coast" medal.

Congrats to everyone! Sorry to hear about so many injuries, but I'm glad to hear you all finished.

I was very disappointed in the "Marathon Monday" day at the parks. I thought they would at least have a banner or something saying "Welcome Runners" or "Great Job". There was nothing! Am I wrong to expect a little something from Disney on this? What do you guys think?

Frank

MKCP 1985

Finished my first Full in 4:42. Had a great time, the last 5 miles were definately mind over matter, but I pushed through and can honestly say I ran the whole thing. That was my goal, to run the whole thing. I, fortunately, did not suffer from any post race feelings. I am signed up to do the Princess with my wife next month and plan on doing the DL half in September. GOTTA get my hands on the "Coast to Coast" medal.

Congrats to everyone! Sorry to hear about so many injuries, but I'm glad to hear you all finished.

I was very disappointed in the "Marathon Monday" day at the parks. I thought they would at least have a banner or something saying "Welcome Runners" or "Great Job". There was nothing! Am I wrong to expect a little something from Disney on this? What do you guys think?

Frank

congrats on your race, Frank. That's a great time!

As for recognition, for years we have gone to the parks with our medals and joked about whether the medals should get us something other than the occasional "congratulations" from people. Disney stepped up and gave marathon finishers a free day in the park, and that seems awesome to me. So no, I didn't expect a banner on Main Street or any other tangible recognition. We runners are enough of a nuisance to the other park guests on Saturday and Sunday. I'm waiting for the day someone sees my finisher medal and walks up to complain that she was late getting to a breakfast reservation because of all the closed roads and delays getting into the parks. :lol:

Phonedave

congrats on your race, Frank. That's a great time!

As for recognition, for years we have gone to the parks with our medals and joked about whether the medals should get us something other than the occasional "congratulations" from people. Disney stepped up and gave marathon finishers a free day in the park, and that seems awesome to me. So no, I didn't expect a banner on Main Street or any other tangible recognition. We runners are enough of a nuisance to the other park guests on Saturday and Sunday. I'm waiting for the day someone sees my finisher medal and walks up to complain that she was late getting to a breakfast reservation because of all the closed roads and delays getting into the parks. :lol:

I would have liked the ability to use the Park Admission for something else. I have an AP, so it was useless to me. I asked the CM about it when I was getting my race packet, and she said "yeah, you can pretty much throw it away"

Would have been nice if I could apply it to renewing the AP. That would have been good.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
2:42:09 for the half.

I made a mistake and overdressed for the weather. I was anticipating low to mid 40's and it was mid 50's and high humidity, and I failed to check the forecast when I got up Saturday morning. By mile 2 I was pouring sweat. I knew it wasn't my day for a PR, so I backed off and took it easy, knowing that I had two days in the parks ahead of me with my family.

Still, I again got to run a race at the happiest place on the earth, so I'm more than satisfied.

Next year--the full!
Yea! Never say Never (in reference to the last full post comments)

frank2271

I would have liked the ability to use the Park Admission for something else. I have an AP, so it was useless to me. I asked the CM about it when I was getting my race packet, and she said "yeah, you can pretty much throw it away"

Would have been nice if I could apply it to renewing the AP. That would have been good.

-dave

I also have an AP, I asked a guy at the MK guest relations dept about it and he said "you have a neat souvenirr". I wonder how many AP holders got the same "souvenir"?

JillC LI

Frank

Congratulations Frank! Great time! Did you ever hit the Wall which you were concerned about, or are you still left wondering what it feels like?!

frank2271

Congratulations Frank! Great time! Did you ever hit the Wall which you were concerned about, or are you still left wondering what it feels like?!

Well...... I'm not really sure. Somewhere in the 20's my mind started to play tricks on me, I was making excuses, saying to myself, "if I just walk a little my legs will feel better". That kind of stuff. My last 4 miles were a little tough, averaged 12 min miles. But, I went into the race telling myself to stay positive, keep running and that "Pain is temporary, Pride is Forever!

That phrase kept me going.

So, I guess I can say that I didn't hit the wall physically, thank goodness.:)

JillC LI

Well...... I'm not really sure. Somewhere in the 20's my mind started to play tricks on me, I was making excuses, saying to myself, "if I just walk a little my legs will feel better". That kind of stuff. My last 4 miles were a little tough, averaged 12 min miles. But, I went into the race telling myself to stay positive, keep running and that "Pain is temporary, Pride is Forever!

That phrase kept me going.

So, I guess I can say that I didn't hit the wall physically, thank goodness.:)

That's great. I also kept telling myself to keep moving or I'd regret it and also that I could do anything for one hour (which is about how much time I had left when I started feeling awful). The brain definitely does try to play tricks on you when you're so worn down. Congrats for staying true to your plan. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom