Marathon Week- How Busy?

Kman

We are arriving April 13th for 10 nights. The Marathon weekend is on our second weekend there. What can we expect for crowds? Are they busy all week?

Not that it matters I suppose as we are going no matter what but it would be nice to know what to expect.

Thanks everyone

DisneyFanatic12

I'll start off with a little disclaimer. While there are often general trends in wait times, you can't really predict what wait times may be. HOWEVER, this would be my guess.

Here are some variables (or me rambling... one of the two):
#1 Springtime Surprise Weekend - This will see the biggest uptick in crowds. I wouldn't expect anything insane crowd-wise, but the crowds from the race will increase as you get closer.
#2 Spring Break - Lucky for you, spring break will be finished for most of the US. There will be a few stragglers, but those will likely be somewhat offset by the families opting to wait until summer to vacation after just having a break.
#3 Easter - You'll be visiting quite a bit after Easter, but there could be a few vacationers who chose to visit for a long duration or tried to avoid the holiday and will be checking in around the time when you are. I think the influence from Easter will be pretty negligible, with the bulk of any influence during the beginning of your stay.

Putting all of this together, I would see the beginning and end of your trip being the busiest, with the middle possibly being the least busy. As stated, however, "predicting" crowds is pretty much a guess and can't be done to great accuracy. Thrill Data has some pretty good forecasts due to how long they've been collecting wait time data, but even that is not always accurate. Overall, you'll likely see pretty average crowds throughout your trip. Hope you have a great time!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
1. You're arriving post Easter crowds. And school spring breaks will be weeks past.
2. Springtime Surprise weekend from the 18th through the 21st will be busy...but not like Marathon weekend in January or Princess weekend last month. Excess attendance from runners will thin out on Monday and by Tuesday things will be back to normal...Disney normal. Probably a good time to be at the parks, both weather and crowd wise as public schools are still in session.
3. There will be some early morning road closures Sunday for the 10 miler, depending on the race course, which hasn't been released yet. And until runners clear a park, you may be held at the entrance or spots in the park.

You'll be fine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom