Man visits WDW for 365 days

TDF

Seriously I don’t understand you guys sometimes… Who cares why he goes, why does it matter to you? Why does it matter if he has a job or not? If he wants to go to the parks 365 days who are you guys to say he can’t? Does anyone tell you that you can’t go to this store once a week because it would ruin the store? Why can’t he use an AP the way he wants?

Now that the rant is over… my dream is to live near Disney and go a couple of times a week do homework, etc…

Tigger1988

Seriously I don’t understand you guys sometimes… Who cares why he goes, why does it matter to you? Why does it matter if he has a job or not? If he wants to go to the parks 365 days who are you guys to say he can’t? Does anyone tell you that you can’t go to this store once a week because it would ruin the store? Why can’t he use an AP the way he wants?

Now that the rant is over… my dream is to live near Disney and go a couple of times a week do homework, etc…
People here worry way too much about what others do. If you do something that isn't deemed "normal" you're either mentally ill or a lifestyler, apparently.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not to go off topic but can someone explain to me what a lifestyler is?

I feel a Jeff foxworthy sketch coming on...

... You might be a lifestyler

In this sense... If your only sense of a social structure is people you know inside wdw... You might be a lifestyler

If your sense of this week's accomplishment includes comparing how many times you've been to wdw... You might be a lifestyler

the-reason14

Good for Brent! He shouldn't have to justify himself to us or anybody else, it's none of our business if he has a job or "responsibilities". I say keep on keeping on Brent.

I agree. I find it funny that anyone here is judging him for his choice. It is extreme, there's no denying that. But others would say the same thing about us here, "You are going to Disney World for vacation....again!?"

jakeman

Not to go off topic but can someone explain to me what a lifestyler is? Is it someone who just goes into the park? Is it someone who does ALL things Disney, such as world wide parks, broadway shows, cruises(I would think that would be the ultimate lifestyler ) or someone who does all the special events? It's used on these boards a lot in (what seems) to be a negative term. Is that because it's someone who earns his living by visiting the Disney parks? I love the parks as much as anyone but I'm sure the IRS just loves the people who posts pictures of attractions and parades on their websites because that's their main source of income.
Around here it is anyone who likes and has more access to Disney than you do.

Stevek

People here worry way too much about what others do. If you do something that isn't deemed "normal" you're either mentally ill or a lifestyler, apparently.
True, people do worry or comment about these things probably too much in some cases as it really is nobody's business what this guy does. But once you become public about it, you open yourself up for comments, both supportive and negative...such is the nature of any message board. While going to Disney 365 days a year does not hurt anyone, It can hardly be considered even close to "normal" as you say. Obsessive nature like this, and this truly is an obsession, would be likely be characterized as unhealthy by anyone in the medical/psychological profession.

Stevek

I feel a Jeff foxworthy sketch coming on...

... You might be a lifestyler

In this sense... If your only sense of a social structure is people you know inside wdw... You might be a lifestyler

If your sense of this week's accomplishment includes comparing how many times you've been to wdw... You might be a lifestyler

Bloggers, certain podcasters, people who visit every day, anyone that makes their living or who's entire sense of purpose in life revolves around the Parks...Lifestylers. One could argue that many of us here are at various levels of being a lifestyler. Under 1000 posts (not quite a lifestyler); 1000+ posts (wannabe lifestyler); 5000+ posts (lifestyler); 10000+ posts (Ricky Brigante Lifestyler Award); 15000+ posts (Lou Mongello Hall Of Fame Lifestyler Award).

j/k Flynn, saw you had 10K posts...just poking fun ; )

Tigger1988

True, people do worry or comment about these things probably too much in some cases as it really is nobody's business what this guy does. But once you become public about it, you open yourself up for comments, both supportive and negative...such is the nature of any message board. While going to Disney 365 days a year does not hurt anyone, It can hardly be considered even close to "normal" as you say. Obsessive nature like this, and this truly is an obsession, would be likely be characterized as unhealthy by anyone in the medical/psychological profession.
I never referred to it as normal. Everything that is outside the "norm" is a mental health issue according to the peanut gallery here. Who knew we had so many psychologists around. And honestly, some here are way too judgmental considering what kind of message board we're on. Pot calling the kettle black.

StarWarsGirl

I considered going to UCF for college. Had I done that, I could certainly see myself taking my laptop/tablet and going to the parks several times a week to do homework and just enjoy myself. I can certainly see how someone could go every day if he/she lived close enough just to enjoy the atmosphere, even without going on a single attraction.

misterID

If you decide to create the largest ball of tinfoil ever created, spent every day of your life doing it, and sat it out in your front yard and I happen to be driving by and see it... I'm going to have the same reaction I had to this guy. At the end of the day, my opinion doesn't matter, and this guy, like the imaginary tinfoil guy, is allowed to do whatever he wants... though I didn't see anyone trying to stop him... but I am entitled to my opinon, and if I think its odd, I'll say so. He might be the coolest on the planet, people might be hacking his phone for pictures of Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton... But the tinfoil is still odd... and he's got it in his yard. So yeah...

TDF

I considered going to UCF for college. Had I done that, I could certainly see myself taking my laptop/tablet and going to the parks several times a week to do homework and just enjoy myself. I can certainly see how someone could go every day if he/she lived close enough just to enjoy the atmosphere, even without going on a single attraction.
High Five. I actually considered the same thing this past year. I got accepted and everything just couldn’t pull the trigger.

StarWarsGirl

High Five. I actually considered the same thing this past year. I got accepted and everything just couldn’t pull the trigger.
Yup. It came down to cost. I'm still planning on applying for the CP and seeing how I like it down there and possibly making a permanent move after college.:)

morningstar

I've said this for a long long time when it comes to the DL AP issue. For WDW the smaller percentage of these lifestylers is less of an issue. But it would be nice if Disney actually captured more revenue from them.

My solution has always been you buy in bulk and get a discount, or get loyalty discounts. Unlimited just isn't needed.

Limited just isn't magical. I've never had an annual pass, but I remember the first time I heard of something when I was a kid, I was like, "Wow, you could go to Disney World WHENEVER YOU WANT!!!" Frankly I doubt they lose much on APs, if any. This guy went to a park once a day, probably rode like ONE ride, and maybe he got hungry and ate some overpriced snack or meal. Even if they lose money on the occasional AP holder, it pays off tenfold if nothing more than keeping the dream alive in people who fantasize about one day having an AP, but may never actually do so.

morningstar

Obsessive nature like this, and this truly is an obsession, would be likely be characterized as unhealthy by anyone in the medical/psychological profession.

There are people who are obsessed, for example, with bicycling. They ride 100 miles or more every weekend. There are people "obsessed" with summiting every mountain in the world higher than 8000 meters. These people are definitely extreme and out of the ordinary. Are they unhealthy? No! These goals inspire them to improve themselves. Not saying the goal of going to Disney World 365 days in a row will lead to any self-improvement, but it also won't lead to self-ruin.

PolynesianPrincess

There are always going to be Negative Nancys who bash on things other people do. If they don’t agree with it, then it’s stupid or lame or not right. The parks were built for people to enjoy and he’s doing just that. Who cares if he wants to spend all his free time in the parks? It’s no one business but his own. People on this site seriously make me sit back and shake my head sometimes at the ridiculous stuff that they post when they don't agree with something.

morningstar

Bloggers, certain podcasters, people who visit every day, anyone that makes their living or who's entire sense of purpose in life revolves around the Parks...Lifestylers. One could argue that many of us here are at various levels of being a lifestyler. Under 1000 posts (not quite a lifestyler); 1000+ posts (wannabe lifestyler); 5000+ posts (lifestyler); 10000+ posts (Ricky Brigante Lifestyler Award); 15000+ posts (Lou Mongello Hall Of Fame Lifestyler Award).

j/k Flynn, saw you had 10K posts...just poking fun ; )

I don't know if participation in this board can qualify you as a lifestyler. That's a bit like saying reading the newspaper daily qualifies you as an international leader.

Stevek

There are people who are obsessed, for example, with bicycling. They ride 100 miles or more every weekend. There are people "obsessed" with summiting every mountain in the world higher than 8000 meters. These people are definitely extreme and out of the ordinary. Are they unhealthy? No! These goals inspire them to improve themselves. Not saying the goal of going to Disney World 365 days in a row will lead to any self-improvement, but it also won't lead to self-ruin.
I think that many people will see these as apples and oranges but I get your point. At the end of the day, just a matter of opinion. Some people think it's a but nutty, some thinks it's normal. All good.

asianway

Original Poster
Limited just isn't magical. I've never had an annual pass, but I remember the first time I heard of something when I was a kid, I was like, "Wow, you could go to Disney World WHENEVER YOU WANT!!!" Frankly I doubt they lose much on APs, if any. This guy went to a park once a day, probably rode like ONE ride, and maybe he got hungry and ate some overpriced snack or meal. Even if they lose money on the occasional AP holder, it pays off tenfold if nothing more than keeping the dream alive in people who fantasize about one day having an AP, but may never actually do so.
MM+ is all about identifying and catering to your most profitable guests. Once they have the data, I look forward to the day they tighten the noose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom