Maleficent CHARACTER At The Movie Theater

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
So, right off the bat, this whole post spits in the face if character integrity, so... yeah.

I just left the movie theater and there was a meet-and-greet with Maleficent in front of the large, cardboard advertisement for the movie.
It obviously isn't a WDW character performer; she didn't look THAT good (though the costume was legit). However, I can't imagine Disney okaying anything like this for advertising. At the same time, I can't imagine a theater company risking legal complications for something so silly.

Does anyone have ANY idea if what I saw was legal, or just bad theater management?

BTW, it was an Orlando theater, but not DTD.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
Dag, yo. I knew these guys worked the street circuit in LA, but it seems crazy for theaters to condone it.

Violiav

I've seen cosplayers hit up the movies sometimes. Though they can go a little overboard. Anyone see that steampunk Tigger on Heros of Cosplay? Yeah like that.
There are a couple restaurants here in Texas where the servers are dressed up as characters (Disney and otherwise). I wonder if it's something that falls under Fair Use? Satire type of thing.

FettFan

I've seen cosplayers hit up the movies sometimes. Though they can go a little overboard. Anyone see that steampunk Tigger on Heros of Cosplay? Yeah like that.
There are a couple restaurants here in Texas where the servers are dressed up as characters (Disney and otherwise). I wonder if it's something that falls under Fair Use? Satire type of thing.

I don't think Disney can do anything against costume enthusiasts hamming it up and signing autographs at movie premieres* .....now if they were running a "Hire Maleficent for your kids next birthday!" operation, then yeah I could see them stepping in.

*sometimes I daydream about showing up at a Marvel movie wearing a full Iron Patriot getup...
header-will-iron-patriot-be-in-avengers-2-and-captain-a.jpg

Maybe I should start planning now for Age of Ultron....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom