Making a trip Jan 14-17, 2005-- how will it be?

mattfz

So after our 3rd trip to WDW two weeks ago, my wife and I are already anxious to return and are considering making a drip down Jan 14-17. It is value season, but any idea how things will be? I hear it isn't too busy then. We've stayed at Port Orleans twice, and need to keep to the moderate resorts. Can anyone make a comparison between Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach?

crazydaveh

That's the same weekend I always head down! It's never very busy. The parks are on the off-season schedule and close early, though I remember EPCOT still closed at 9 with illuminations.

The crowds are not bad. Two year ago, there was a massive cold spell in Florida, and the temps never climbed above 50 the entire weekend. Needless to say, the crowds stayed home in the heat. The average wait was 10 minutes at most. This past year, the weather was quite the opposite. Temps were in the mid-70's and it was great! I was wearing shorts and getting a bit of a tan! It was more crowded than the year before, but still rides like Space Mtn and Splash had maybe a 25 minute wait.

I usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside on these trips. It's great. The main pool is closed during this time for annual fix-ups, but the smaller pools are open.

We sayed at The Royal Pacific at Universal last year, and it was good. A lot of fun, but not Disney.

Have fun! Prepare for all types of weather!

Upvote 0

vilegirl

I went around that time last year and loved it. The weather was GREAT! The crowds were light too. It was a really enjoyable trip. I think, out of all the times I've been this year - it was my favorite. Just because of the weather mostly. Nov 2003 was good too, but it was humid and rainy moreso than in January.

Have fun!!
-Linda

Upvote 0
I think that is MLK weekend. It may be busier around that time. Also the College Cheer and Dance Nationals are that weekend(the ones televised on ESPN). Just an FYI.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom