Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oops ~ I need to back the train up for a minute.

Woody and I were next to board as our train swept into the station. The last few cars held a large party of varying ages who were all wearing red "Gram & Gramps 50th Anniversary" tees. Gram and Gramps were in the caboose. When the train stopped, Gram began yelling at her family in an angry voice: "That was a terrible ride!! I hated it and you tricked me!!"

Must have been a long 50 years for Gramps........

Meanwhile, Woody and I went from one train to another.
IMG_8813.JPG

It was a might toasty grand circle tour on the MPB. We chose our next attraction merely for the a/c.

IMG_8814.JPG

Suddenly, a Country Bear entered the Country Bears!

IMG_8815.JPG

IMG_8816.JPG

Sadly, he did not stay for the show. So I sang his part for him ~
"I got a woman
She got me
Whatever we do
We both agree
She ain't purty
But I ain't too
The things we like
Are the things we do.
My woman ain't purty
But she don't swear none
She's kinda heavy
Don't weigh a ton
She's my woman through and through
I love her only cause her heart is true"

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Obedient guests are punished

Rule breakers are rewarded

Responsible operators are lazy, afraid, and / or too apathetic to do the right thing ( their job!!)

Too often the world we live in is a sad shell of its former self

Note: no sarcasm this time , not looking for a laugh, just disappointed in the human race

Max
Right with you, Max. :(

fractal

Sunday, con't

The day was starting off to be a scorcher and would be the hottest day of our vacation. Woody and I were careful to stay hydrated and in the shade as much as possible. Our first FP was in the a/c and thankfully the walk from Crystal Palace wasn't too far.

View attachment 221833
(Apparently the hearse was missing in June too....I did not notice it at that time. :facepalm: At least there is concrete proof that @fractal did not steal it!)

It really is a lovely house.
View attachment 221835

Wait a minute.....why is the FP line (on the right) so long? What's up with that?
View attachment 221834
I'll tell you what's up. THE PEOPLE IN THE FP LINE WERE NOT MERGING. They were waiting for the standby guests to pass them by. :banghead:

(Yeah, that gives a whole new meaning to the word "polite".)

These same clueless people gathered together and stood under the EXIT sign in the entryway.
View attachment 221836
Sorry folks, that is NOT a door into the stretching room.

When the stretching room door opened, Woody and I stepped inside. We were by ourselves for a few moments until the group had an awakening.

Not sure if they found their way out though.

I am innocent!

I think the group was told to give the celebrity some space. :D

Songbird76

Who's ready for a rant?

(If not, kindly skip ahead to next post.)

After we sang like the birdies sing we headed for Pirates to use our next FP. A large group of "English is not my first language" rushed past us and bombarded the FP queue. The ones who tapped their tickets caused Mickey's head to turn blue......others walked right in without even bothering to tap. There were at least 25 who cut us (and the other valid FP holders behind us) off.

Stunned, the lady next to me asked the cast member why these line-jumpers were not stopped.

"At the Magic Kingdom we're instructed to be accommodating," was her reply.

:jawdrop: :eek: :in pain: :mad: SAY WHAT????!!!!!! :jawdrop: :eek: :in pain: :mad:

To make matters worse, the CM loading the boats made us get into an occupied row. Thanks to their "accommodating" policy, we were squished and I got soaked.

And this is how I felt about that.
View attachment 221849
(I thought my pursed lips would be more apparent in the picture.)
What is the point of even having a fastpass system if you are just going to let anyone in through the FP entrance? That makes no sense!

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
And this is how I felt about that

I know I would have thought this, but may not have actually done it, but I would have gone to Guest Services and explained how disappointed I was, on my last day here, about how the Pirates FP line was handled. That, while at the MK, there appears to be no "accommodating" to those guests who actually took the time and effort to secure a high volume FP for Pirates.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
All that bear singing makes a gal thirsty! While water is the best thirst quencher, it was not the beverage I had in mind. Each time I passed the Sunshine Tree Terrace this week I'd been intrigued by the Pina Colada Slushy ~ now it was time for a taste test.

Fortunately the Sunshine Tree Terrace also serves one of Woody's "favorites" ~ the Citrus Swirl. I put "favorites" in quotation marks because to my knowledge (and @TrolleyFollower91 can back me up here) Woody had never had a Citrus Swirl in the MK. (Must be all those Citrus Swirl stands in Ohio he's remembering.) "I like Citrus Swirls," inevitably brings eyerolls and teasing from his family.

Woody does not like Dole Whips (it's a pineapple thing) and even I, a pineapple fan, have only had two Dole Whips in my lifetime. So the Sunshine Tree Terrace (and Aloha Isle) is not a usual snack location for us.

All that was about to change.

Can I even tell you how excited I was to order that Citrus Swirl? (Mainly for the picture to send to Em captioned, "Can you believe he's having a Citrus Swirl?!")

Ta-Da!!
IMG_8818.JPG

For the record, Woody savored every spoonful. And Mickey straws do not prevent cold headaches. :in pain:

The seating area was very quiet and was an optimal spot for people-watching.

IMG_8820.JPG

While we relaxed I was able to snag another FP. This attraction proved less "attractive" to FP line cutters due to its narrow entrance.

lostpro9het

All that bear singing makes a gal thirsty! While water is the best thirst quencher, it was not the beverage I had in mind. Each time I passed the Sunshine Tree Terrace this week I'd been intrigued by the Pina Colada Slushy ~ now it was time for a taste test.

Fortunately the Sunshine Tree Terrace also serves one of Woody's "favorites" ~ the Citrus Swirl. I put "favorites" in quotation marks because to my knowledge (and @TrolleyFollower91 can back me up here) Woody had never had a Citrus Swirl in the MK. (Must be all those Citrus Swirl stands in Ohio he's remembering.) "I like Citrus Swirls," inevitably brings eyerolls and teasing from his family.

Woody does not like Dole Whips (it's a pineapple thing) and even I, a pineapple fan, have only had two Dole Whips in my lifetime. So the Sunshine Tree Terrace (and Aloha Isle) is not a usual snack location for us.

Can I even tell you how excited I was to order that Citrus Swirl? (Mainly for the picture to send to Em captioned, "Can you believe he's having a Citrus Swirl?!")

Ta-Da!!
View attachment 221915

For the record, Woody savored every spoonful. And Mickey straws do not prevent cold headaches. :in pain:

View attachment 221916

While we relaxed I was able to snag another FP. This attraction proved less "attractive" to FP line cutters due to its narrow entrance.
IMG_0427.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What is the point of even having a fastpass system if you are just going to let anyone in through the FP entrance? That makes no sense!
Hmmm would Disney continue to be accommodating to me if I just continued to pretend to use fastpasses? I think that Cast Member has confused accommodating with being a doormat.
Your report gave me a great touring plan for my next trip-tap my MB and proceed to enter any ride as if I have a FP+.
Ladies, we need to "band" together and rush the FP queues! Who's with me?

I know I would have thought this, but may not have actually done it, but I would have gone to Guest Services and explained how disappointed I was, on my last day here, about how the Pirates FP line was handled. That, while at the MK, there appears to be no "accommodating" to those guests who actually took the time and effort to secure a high volume FP for Pirates.
Wish I had thought of this! :oops:

fractal

Ta-Da!!
View attachment 221915

View attachment 221916

How was the Pina Colada Slushy? Did you try any of Woody's citrus Swirl? If so how did it compare?

I can relate to Woody. There are certain things I comment on that the rest of my family believe I am totally making up, which I'm not. (Or maybe we do that to see if anyone is paying attention :cautious:)

susan lees

Who's ready for a rant?

(If not, kindly skip ahead to next post.)

After we sang like the birdies sing we headed for Pirates to use our next FP. A large group of "English is not my first language" rushed past us and bombarded the FP queue. The ones who tapped their tickets caused Mickey's head to turn blue......others walked right in without even bothering to tap. There were at least 25 who cut us (and the other valid FP holders behind us) off.

Stunned, the lady next to me asked the cast member why these line-jumpers were not stopped.

"At the Magic Kingdom we're instructed to be accommodating," was her reply.

:jawdrop: :eek: :in pain: :mad: SAY WHAT????!!!!!! :jawdrop: :eek: :in pain: :mad:

To make matters worse, the CM loading the boats made us get into an occupied row. Thanks to their "accommodating" policy, we were squished and I got soaked.

And this is how I felt about that.
View attachment 221849
(I thought my pursed lips would be more apparent in the picture.)
What!!! Wow just wow :eek::mad:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
How was the Pina Colada Slushy? Did you try any of Woody's citrus Swirl? If so how did it compare?

I can relate to Woody. There are certain things I comment on that the rest of my family believe I am totally making up, which I'm not. (Or maybe we do that to see if anyone is paying attention :cautious:)
Once I got over the cold headache, the Pina Colada Slushy was deliciously refreshing!
I did not try the Citrus Swirl because the orange/vanilla ice cream combo for me is :depressed:.
The orange creamsicle bar apparently was Woody's favorite treat from the ice cream man. He clarified that for me a few minutes ago.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom