Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Black Pearl

It'd be great if the Emporium could change into a Target so I could get my every day groceries along with the Starbucks they have in most Targets now.

I don't like the idea of Main Street USA or Disney World offering unique locations in the parks and selling a brand of an item is not enough. I don't want just starbucks coffee... I want THE Starbucks coffee where I can view that mermaid in all of the splendor it holds. I want to walk in, flash my starbucks card and know that I am indeed on the same planet and not far from civilization because my thankthegoodyman Starbucks is within grasp and I can reach out and touch, taste, and smell the rich aroma offered only at the quintessential American Dream House of Bean.

I need comfort and security and will not settle for less than an authentic In-n-Out to replace Casey's and their haphazard hot dogs that are carelessly sold to an unsuspecting public.

Master Cuts should take over the barber, and if an Olive Garden doesn't replace Tony's soon I may never sample Italian in the park again. Serving Buitoni's alone does not count.

We need brand recognition EVERYWHERE and starbucks alone is not going to cut it. Theme, story, and originality are not what make an amazing theme park that brings guests.

aladdin2007

It'd be great if the Emporium could change into a Target so I could get my every day groceries along with the Starbucks they have in most Targets now.

I don't like the idea of Main Street USA or Disney World offering unique locations in the parks and selling a brand of an item is not enough. I don't want just starbucks coffee... I want THE Starbucks coffee where I can view that mermaid in all of the splendor it holds. I want to walk in, flash my starbucks card and know that I am indeed on the same planet and not far from civilization because my thankthegoodyman Starbucks is within grasp and I can reach out and touch, taste, and smell the rich aroma offered only at the quintessential American Dream House of Bean.

I need comfort and security and will not settle for less than an authentic In-n-Out to replace Casey's and their haphazard hot dogs that are carelessly sold to an unsuspecting public.

Master Cuts should take over the barber, and if an Olive Garden doesn't replace Tony's soon I may never sample Italian in the park again. Serving Buitoni's alone does not count.

We need brand recognition EVERYWHERE and starbucks alone is not going to cut it. Theme, story, and originality are not what make an amazing theme park that brings guests.

Somone please tell me the above post is just a fun (tho scary) writing of sarcasm or something lol, because if not you have no idea what Disney is, or use to be anyway. Especially that last line, :banghead:
If you were just being funny great job lol you made my cheerios dance in the bowl.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Somone please tell me the above post is just a fun (tho scary) writing of sarcasm or something lol, because if not you have no idea what Disney is, or use to be anyway. Especially that last line, :banghead:
If you were just being funny great job lol you made my cheerios dance in the bowl.

Yeah. The poster got it wrong. It's much more appropriate for Disney to have a Walmart, not a Target.

The Empress Lilly

Yeah. The poster got it wrong. It's much more appropriate for Disney to have a Walmart, not a Target.
Wish they would simply replace the West side with Walmart and the east with Target.

It fits, after all, there are already Coca-Cola signs on MS and besides, Walt also operated outside vendors so he would've approved too. For theme , we are going to have an ad agency write a backstory ('the owners of the Emporium were so succesful they succesfully applied to operate Central Florida's largest Walmart'), so that solves that. And for placemaking, we'll add some props here and there, and some crates with stencilled puns!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Wish they would simply replace the West side with Walmart and the east with Target.

It fits, after all, there are already Coca-Cola signs on MS and besides, Walt also operated outside vendors so he would've approved too. For theme , we are going to have an ad agency write a backstory ('the owners of the Emporium were so succesful they succesfully applied to operate Central Florida's largest Walmart'), so that solves that. And for placemaking, we'll add some props here and there, and some crates with stencilled puns!

Brilliance in Unicode!

Black Pearl

Don't worry, just sarcastic jabbering :)

rbiango5

I understand this isn't the biggest problem, but does anyone else hate the idea of Starbucks replacing the Main Street Bakery? I just really don't like the idea of big name companies opening up throughout Disney. Hope the trend doesn't continue.

Siren

I hope you don't have an issue with "sponsorship" in the parks because that's everywhere and has always been the case. But, I wish it would have remained the "Main Street Bakery" proudly serving Starbucks instead of the Main Street Bakery serving "only" Starbucks. And please, the bottom tray with a few Disney cupcakes and cookies that they put out around noon, is negligible. It's a Starbucks. But, I'm over it. I didn't go to the bakery before the changes anyway.

Scuttle

Relax. He's a new member.

rbiango, that bothers a lot of people here and we've had several long threads on the topic.

Personally I'm more bothered by the one in Epcot, if only because it's a Starbucks in actual name.

On the bright side, the coffee itself is a huge improvement over that Nescafe crap they used to serve everywhere.
Way to take your time and answer the question. New members deserve this treatment, we were all there at some point in our lives.

The Empress Lilly

I understand this isn't the biggest problem, but does anyone else hate the idea of Starbucks replacing the Main Street Bakery? I just really don't like the idea of big name companies opening up throughout Disney. Hope the trend doesn't continue.
I couldn't agree more!
cafe2.gif

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
As Bairstow mentioned, there are numerous threads discussing this very topic. Some of the discussion was quite "lively", as folks really didn't want MSUSA changed. And don't get them started on the cinnamon rolls ....

Now that it has been open for 5 months or so, some of that fervour has dissipated.

I went to the MSUSA Starbucks last month and was disappointed. It was lacking the charm and selection of baked goods that the Bakery used to offer. My SIL, however, was able to get her pumpkin spiced latte, so she was a happy girl. As with all change, some people will be elated, some will be disappointed, and others will be apathetic.

Welcome to the Boards. We are happy to have you.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Welcome to the board!, There was spirited debate on this subject.

donaldtoo

Oh my! Actually, I have never seen that before, but I do remember posting a few months or so ago that Disney should just call all the onsite McD's "The Golden Earches"...!
Too funny!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom