Magical Express luggage services for International travellers

heatherkatheleen

Original Poster
Quick question about Magical Express.

I am from Toronto, Canada, but have always driven to Buffalo and flown to MCO from there. Because all of my flights have been domestic, I have put the magical express tags on my luggage before boarding the plane in Buffalo, and haven't seen my luggage again until it is delivered to my room at Old Key West.

However, this time around I am flying from Toronto. Since I won't have already gone through customs, does this mean I keep my Magical Express luggage tags with me in my carry on, fly to Florida, pick up my own luggage, go through customs, and then tag my suitcases and hand them over when we arrive at the Magical Express busses?

I've received conflicting information on this both from other travellers as well as on the phone with DVC so I thought maybe I'd get a more solid answer here.

Nero the dog

Quick question about Magical Express.

I am from Toronto, Canada, but have always driven to Buffalo and flown to MCO from there. Because all of my flights have been domestic, I have put the magical express tags on my luggage before boarding the plane in Buffalo, and haven't seen my luggage again until it is delivered to my room at Old Key West.

However, this time around I am flying from Toronto. Since I won't have already gone through customs, does this mean I keep my Magical Express luggage tags with me in my carry on, fly to Florida, pick up my own luggage, go through customs, and then tag my suitcases and hand them over when we arrive at the Magical Express busses?

I've received conflicting information on this both from other travellers as well as on the phone with DVC so I thought maybe I'd get a more solid answer here.

Yes, that's the official way to do it. However I would just get your bags and take them yourself to the Magical Express buses, they will then be put on the same bus as you and you will have them from the moment you arrive, instead of several hours later.

Weather_Lady

Yes, that's the official way to do it. However I would just get your bags and take them yourself to the Magical Express buses, they will then be put on the same bus as you and you will have them from the moment you arrive, instead of several hours later.

I second this suggestion, if you are so inclined! Unless your luggage is unusually large (in size or number of bags), it's not much of a hassle to bring them to the DME bus, let the driver load/unload them for you, and get them to your room (or leave them with Bell Services and call to have them delivered later), plus you'll have the advantage of immediate access to their contents. Admittedly, I'm a big advocate of traveling "carryon only" and keeping my bag with me at all times -- I used to travel frequently for work, and experienced/heard about so many "lost luggage" and "broken or stolen luggage contents" horror stories that I'm totally gunshy about checking luggage or otherwise letting it out of my sight! YMMV. :)

Last edited:

FishyMom

Sorry, but I have to disagree with the replies here. Having flown out of Toronto to MCO twice, we've used the luggage service with no problems. You will clear Customs in Toronto and can definitely use your Magical Express yellow luggage tags. No need to pick up luggage at MCO and take it with you, unless you specifically want to take it. I guess it depends on the time of day you're arriving and whether you need your luggage right away.

Pearson is one of the few airports in Canada where you clear Customs before leaving, so you don't need to follow the International Travelers recommendations.

Hope this helps!

Flalex72

Sorry, but I have to disagree with the replies here. Having flown out of Toronto to MCO twice, we've used the luggage service with no problems. You will clear Customs in Toronto and can definitely use your Magical Express yellow luggage tags. No need to pick up luggage at MCO and take it with you, unless you specifically want to take it. I guess it depends on the time of day you're arriving and whether you need your luggage right away.

Pearson is one of the few airports in Canada where you clear Customs before leaving, so you don't need to follow the International Travelers recommendations.

Hope this helps!

This is the correct answer. The Disney article doesn't cover this exact scenario, but Toronto Pearson Airport has US CBP Preclearance facilities, and is a point of entry into the United States like most major Canadian airports. You will get your luggage tagged by an agent, then you will add your yellow DME tags. Then, you take all your luggage with you through US Customs while still in Toronto. After customs and immediately before the security checkpoint, you will place your checked bags on a conveyor. Upon arriving in Orlando, your flight will be treated as a domestic flight, and the process will be the same as flying from Buffalo.

sophie_the_pooh

Hope this helps!
Same thing from Montreal. We clear custom at Trudeau airport, and so we can also put the ME tags on our luggages and use the service.

Polydweller

That is completely wrong for Canadians. Canadians have US customs and immigration clearance in Canada. Nothing to do when you arrive in MCO, you arrive just like an Americsn. So OP, you put the DME tags on your luggage before you leave home and everything will be taken care of for you. It's just like Americans using DME.

For those giving the wrong info, because of the clearance in Canada, Canadians are not considered to be international travellers on arrival at MCO. International travellers in this context are travellers from countries without this type of customs and immigration clearance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom