MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cjkeating

Just when you thought it was finished….

Can you translate please? The words appear to be in English but I don’t know what it’s saying!
PMR? ERP?
It's the next phase of the permanent security structures. The big phase was the main entrance area which was divided into three phases. This is the new structure for entry directly into Disney Village and will also be followed by the Disney Village hotel entry structures.

Whilst we have only just seen this permit I believe these works started a while ago.

cjkeating

It's the next phase of the permanent security structures. The big phase was the main entrance area which was divided into three phases. This is the new structure for entry directly into Disney Village and will also be followed by the Disney Village hotel entry structures.

Whilst we have only just seen this permit I believe these works started a while ago.
As if by magic, here is the main hotel entrance structure by HNY.

cjkeating

now just to get the WDW body scanners in instead of the x-ray machines!
Personally I’d much rather WDW get the x-ray machines. If you research into those devices they are far from reliable and in independent tests let through about 10% of the items they are meant to be stopping. The scanners are also far more focused on guns and knives (which they still miss) than bombs which is likely a greater concern for DLP than WDW.

Potentially they will get better in the future but currently they are more a deterrent than anything else.

Also I know it isn’t just me whereby a glasses case, water bottle or battery pack can set off the WDW scanners so you have to go to a secondary check whereas at DLP these are always okay because of the x-ray.

One article discussing the scanners but you can Google to find more

Last edited:

Indy_UK

Loving all these new gates. So much better than the tents and just puts it in line more with the other parks around the world.

LondonTom

Nice to see Disneyland Paris getting some rare attention for being financially successful!

Will be intresting to see next year, with clear ideas of the APs not selling well and DLP trying to get more of those sold 😂 (Discounts for "Work Councils", doing a RunDisney event for AP holders)

nickys

Premium Member
Ah yes I realised that after I posted.

I love the soaring rides and there aren't many across Europe, and they don't seem that expensive to build?
Legoland have one with an added twist - literally! You load and are then lifted and turned 180 round to face the screen.
The UK theme of magical creatures is far better than the Florida one IMO.
But that claims to be the first of its kind. Same technology as Soarin though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom