Magic Kingdom to test earlier closing on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party event nights

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
:greedy: I dislike it when upcharge events take away from day guests. This just makes it worse.

This one is fixable though, if Disney chooses to. Just make it so that anybody using a one-day MK ticket or non-hopper multi-day ticket can head to another park after 6. I don't think they'll do it, but they should. That way, they can get their extra money from the party without screwing the day guest at all.

Marie Robinson

Marie Robinson

:greedy: I dislike it when upcharge events take away from day guests. This just makes it worse.

This one is fixable though, if Disney chooses to. Just make it so that anybody using a one-day MK ticket or non-hopper multi-day ticket can head to another park after 6. I don't think they'll do it, but they should. That way, they can get their extra money from the party without screwing the day guest at all.
I agree. That one day ticket isn't worth much if you have to leave at 6 or 7

DisneyDreamer08

We were in the MK a few years ago with our 3 year old to see the castle lighting. We were up in the hub. Trying to exit the park after, while others were coming in for the party was a nightmare. At one point, we were literally stuck, shoulder to shoulder in the crowd, unable to move. The poor CMs were desperately trying to direct everyone. It was a mess. Something needs to be done.

JohnD

"The party will begin as normal at 7pm, but only guests with tickets to the party will be able to ride attractions after 6pm"

Unreal... :banghead:

So, let's see if I understand: Party goers still enter at 4pm. That means if they want to use FP+, they only get two instead of three. That's the bad news. The good news, in theory, is that party goers should be able to board whatever attraction they want at 6pm without threat of standby wait.

DisneyJoe

So, let's see if I understand: Party goers still enter at 4pm. That means if they want to use FP+, they only get two instead of three. That's the bad news. The good news, in theory, is that party goers should be able to board whatever attraction they want at 6pm without threat of standby wait.
No, they can't get any, we've tried

mousehockey37

We were in the MK a few years ago with our 3 year old to see the castle lighting. We were up in the hub. Trying to exit the park after, while others were coming in for the party was a nightmare. At one point, we were literally stuck, shoulder to shoulder in the crowd, unable to move. The poor CMs were desperately trying to direct everyone. It was a mess. Something needs to be done.

How long ago was this? Was it before they introduce the overflow alley behind Main St?

JohnD

How long ago was this? Was it before they introduce the overflow alley behind Main St?

I tired cutting across Overflow Alley just after fireworks from Tomorrowland toward Main Street. A CM almost forcibly sent me down it and I had to strongly tell the CM that I wasn't ready to leave yet. (MK didn't close for another two hours).

mousehockey37

Well, this does work in the sense that you won't have people jumping into standby lines at 6:59 and hanging around. It's easier to usher people out of shops and restaurants than to kick them off the rides (even though they can easily do that too).

I think this is a good thing. I'm in the minority, at least for now, but obviously enough people have said something in the past that have made Disney see this change was needed.

mousehockey37

I tired cutting across Overflow Alley just after fireworks from Tomorrowland toward Main Street. A CM almost forcibly sent me down it and I had to strongly tell the CM that I wasn't ready to leave yet. (MK didn't close for another two hours).

They need an additional exit somewhere, so that when things are super tight, they have other options than just Main St. It'd be a challenge to have a way to get back around to the bus lot/monorails but still having something else would be a help.

drizgirl

Has it been confirmed there won't be fastpass after 6?

And I would expect day guests to be able to enter the standby line up through 6 PM, so part of that hour will be about clearing through those already in line. But it's still unfortunate for day guests who used to be able to get in line until 7.

With the earlier close time though, it should be even less appealing to people, so it should be an even lower crowd day. I would absolutely go on a party day. One hour less wouldn't deter me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom