Magic Kingdom Tips and Tricks!

brucie

Original Poster
If you could offer one Tip, or your favorite must do best kept secret for the Magic Kingdom for first timers what would it be? Unique out of the way things that first timers may miss. Or Great tips on what to avoid or do to get the most out of your first visit!!!

Jenna

I'd say take your time. Don't run around like mad things trying to get on all the rides instead go at a leisurely pace, decide on the things that you really want to do and aim to get them done...after that soak up the atmosphere

Pooh'sBuddy

It depends if you are going with kids. If so, stay on property and take advantage of morning EMH. Head straight to Fantasyland. If not, stay clear of Fantasyland until late. I'd stay on property regardless. Know what you want to do/see and where you want to eat. www.touringplans.com helps plan your days.

RiversideBunny

Do not get your shoe stuck in the street car track grooves on Main Street.

That is particularly bad if a street car or parade is coming.

:animwink:

DisneyMom4

Do NOT miss an ice cream sandwich from Sleepy Hollow....don't....absolutely make sure not to miss it!

Other than that, avoid Fantasyland at noon as if your entire life depends on it....because it just may. :(

klineski96

Not really a "tip" or "trick" but more of a suggestion... take lots of pictures.

While in Magic Kingdom for example, take pictures of: ride buildings, ride signage, inside rides (if appropriate), store signs, store buildings, from the 2nd level of the train station looking down Main Street USA, the signs welcoming you to the different lands, the wait times board as you enter the hub, Tomorrowland area from the TTA (if it's open), the many gardens and flowers, the palm trees in Adventureland, the Haunted Mansion exterior in black & white, Frontierland streets from the Liberty Belle...

The list could go on and on.

That's the best advice I could give to a first timer... soak in as much as you possibly can, and take a ton of pictures so you can remember what you experienced.

shakes20

Look for all of the little details. Hidden Mickeys, the pirates playing chess in the PotC que, reading the gravestones (and seeing if you catch the rose) at HM. Stuff like that is what seperated Disney from its competition. Plus it makes waiting in line more fun!

MaxsDad

Plan to spend parts of two days there.

On the first day, be at the gate 10 - 20 minutes before opening. Watch the opening ceremony, then expect a rush of people to go stampeding in the park. Hang back from the pack and soak in the spectacle of the magic of entering Main St. USA on a clear blue sky morning. Most folks just run on by this special moment. Don't stay in the park all day and wear yourselves out. Leave in the early afternoon.

Come back for your second day in the late afternoon, when you will be able to endure staying until closing. Try and stay "fresh", and be sure to see the fireworks, and parade if applicable.

MKCP 1985

for a first timer, eh?

hmm. . . only one tip, one "must do" and one "best kept secret?"

okay, here goes:

In order to really "get" what the Magic Kingdom is all about, the first timer MUST visit every major area of the park and at least one attraction in each such area. However, the Mickey's Toontown area is optional. :lookaroun

One tip for the first timer: Don't try and "DO" every single thing in the guidebook. Try and relax and pick the things that look most appealing to you. If you try and do everything in a day, you will be a frazzled wreck. If you take it easy, it might be the most fun you've had in a long time!

best kept secret in the Magic Kingdom? oh, there are so many secrets. I agree with the advice of ewensell3: visit the section of the wdwmagic forums for secrets and pick the one that best appeals to you!

KaneMarko

Not really a "tip" or "trick" but more of a suggestion... take lots of pictures.

While in Magic Kingdom for example, take pictures of: ride buildings, ride signage, inside rides (if appropriate), store signs, store buildings, from the 2nd level of the train station looking down Main Street USA, the signs welcoming you to the different lands, the wait times board as you enter the hub, Tomorrowland area from the TTA (if it's open), the many gardens and flowers, the palm trees in Adventureland, the Haunted Mansion exterior in black & white, Frontierland streets from the Liberty Belle...

The list could go on and on.

That's the best advice I could give to a first timer... soak in as much as you possibly can, and take a ton of pictures so you can remember what you experienced.

I want to take that line just a step further. Take lots of pictures with YOU in them. Looking back on our first few times at WDW we noticed that we were only in a relative few of the hundreds of pictures we took. The last time we went we put a huge emphasis on getting pictures of us in front of things like Cinderella Castle, the Sorcerer Hat, with many characters, etc. We’ve never had a problem getting fellow tourist and cast members to take our picture. Get plenty of shots of just the attractions and such. But make sure you get a good number of pictures with YOU in them as well.

I’d also put a huge emphasis on getting as many pictures as you can with the characters. The lines for certain ones can get long. But the pictures make GREAT keepsakes. So be sure you get lots of pictures with the characters. You’ll cherish them forever.

KaneMarko

Also, one of the biggest tips I can think of: Take your time. That may be hard to do depending on how long you are there. But no matter how long your vacation, make sure to take you time and enjoy as much as you possibly can. Time flies at WDW. Before you know it you'll be heading back to the airport wondering where the time went.

So be sure to take your time and soak it all it.

sueuk

Do NOT miss an ice cream sandwich from Sleepy Hollow....don't....absolutely make sure not to miss it!

Other than that, avoid Fantasyland at noon as if your entire life depends on it....because it just may. :(
I have NEVER had one of these!! I've read about them on these boards and I'm going to find one this year!!!:slurp:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Walk under the railroad and once you get on Main Street stand in the middle and just STAND there...take it all in. Its pretty overwhelming. I shed a few tears at that moment. The magic starts right there.

hwdelien

I want to take that line just a step further. Take lots of pictures with YOU in them.

The BEST way to do this is to let the WDW photographers do it for you. The first one that offers to take your picture will give you a photopass card. Present that to ALL other photographers that you can. They'll take great picks and sometimes they'll pose you so that your finished picture will have a special guest. Doing it this way the entire family is in the pictures and they are nicely done. When you get home, dial up the photopass web site, put in your card number(s). You can edit the pics, add borders and save those. You can even add "stock" photos to your collection. Then just buy the cd and you get all of those pics that you can print at home or WalMart. It really is a great way to catch the magic.

BLY

My recommendation for the first visit would be to go over on the ferry rather than the monorail. We did this by chance on our first visit and I think its more magical to see the castle getting closer and makes MK feel as if it really is in its own little world.

dizzbuff

MK Tips and Tricks?

Well, speaking from experience like everyone here....slow down and take in the atmosphere of Magic Kingdom. The music, the laughter, the themes, it can all be so overlooked cuz of trying to get to the rides and fighting the crowds. Like my mom always says ..''slow down to go faster''.
And like many others have said.....take pictures. Pictures of even the craziest cuz later down the road you can go ...'oh yeah...i remember that!''. And make sure you have yourself in the pic ''with'' the family. People are really nice and will help you take the pics. I do it all the time for families.
Also, with a trick....Time everything especially around parade time if not wanting to watch the parade or have already seen ...so learn the back ways to get around the crowds especially around Fantasy Land as well as getting to rides such as Splash Mtn and/or Big Thunder RailRoad Mtn in Frontierland can stay off the main ''road'' and take the wooden bridge. Saves us a lot of time espcially during parades!
At closing time (if closing the park)....trust me don't rush out the park...Especially if staying on property.....trust me dont hurry....walk around ...areas of MK are goregous at nite and with fewer folks...can take some awesome pics. We crack up cuz folks that hurry to get to the busses to get back to the resort or even to catch the ferry are rushing for no good reason. Instead they will get out to the stops and wait....wait....wait....then get upset.
Hope this kinda helps

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom