Magic Kingdom Parade News

Spectroman2003

Original Poster
I was at the Magic Kingdom on Thursday and boy was it crowded. I've never seen it that crowded before but that's what I get for going during Spring Break. Anyway, we saw the Share A Dream Come True Parade. They still haven't put back in the princess globe floats, it's still the castle float from Disney's Magical Moments Parade. Does anyone know when and if they are going to bring the original back. As much as I loved DMMP, the float doesn't go with the snowglobe theme at all.

Also, I noticed that the three fairies have been seperated into the three garden floats. I always thought they were supposed to have Princess Aurora on one of them. It would have worked too, b/c I saw in SADCT today and also for character greetings.

On a seperate Spectromagic thought, I think they should update they should either add or update the Little Mermaid part to have something to do with Nemo. Also the Fantasia part and Chernabog should be replaced with something from Buzz LIghtyear I think. He would look cool all lit up. Any thoughts?

Bill

Account Suspended
Sorry, you're not gonna get much support from me. I love SpectroMagic exactly the way it is. :)

With that said, I'd kill for The Evil Emperor Zurg and Buzz Lightyear fighting on a float. Maybe make it an addition rather then a replacement. :)

Spectroman2003

Original Poster
Originally posted by General Grizz
Actually, that Magical Moments float has been in nearly every parade since the 1980s 15 years parade, I believe.

Actually, I think that float was added only after the 25th Anniversary parade which later turned into Disney's Magical Moments parade which ran up till it was replaced by Share A Dream Come True Parade

Jiko

I've never considered Spectromagic to be a "classic", as it has never worked for me as a viable replacement for The Main Street Electrical Parade.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it has something to do with a few of the harmonies. :hurl:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Spectroman2003
Actually, I think that float was added only after the 25th Anniversary parade which later turned into Disney's Magical Moments parade which ran up till it was replaced by Share A Dream Come True Parade

nope.. I have an old promo photo from the 15 years parade in which that floats been used.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by General Grizz
SpectroMagic is AMAZING, but I feel it is 'replacable,' with a better parade. MSEP, however, is timeless.

Ditto...

man, I'm finding I agree a lot more with you in recent months than I did when this version of wdwmagic was in its infancy

Woody13

Originally posted by mkt
Ditto...

man, I'm finding I agree a lot more with you in recent months than I did when this version of wdwmagic was in its infancy

I've noticed the same thing. I think Grizz is starting to grow up.:lol:

Originally posted by Jiko
I've never considered Spectromagic to be a "classic", as it has never worked for me as a viable replacement for The Main Street Electrical Parade.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it has something to do with a few of the harmonies. :hurl:

I agree with you also. For me it's the music. With MSEP after the parade was over I always walked around whistling the song. I don't even know how the music from Spectro goes.

MSEP can never be replaced so just bring it back.

sissa216

On a seperate Spectromagic thought, I think they should update they should either add or update the Little Mermaid part to have something to do with Nemo. Also the Fantasia part and Chernabog should be replaced with something from Buzz LIghtyear I think. He would look cool all lit up. Any thoughts?

I'm not so sure about Buzz, but I think Nemo would fit in perfectly (I actually had thought the same thing).
Although MSEP was a classic, I am kinda partial to Spectro. I listen to it at least 3-4 times a week.

It is common practice for them to recycle floats for use in other parades or shows. They either keep the float the way it is ( in the case of the castle float) or change them completely (in the case of the giraffe float in FoLK...which used to be the Green Army Man float in the Toy Story Parade).

se8472

Re: Re: Magic Kingdom Parade News

Originally posted by sissa216
I'm not so sure about Buzz, but I think Nemo would fit in perfectly (I actually had thought the same thing).
Although MSEP was a classic, I am kinda partial to Spectro. I listen to it at least 3-4 times a week.

no no no, I think buzz would look cool at night, but I think that Nemo would be wired. I mean the float is for her movie..not he ocean itself ya know! That is like putting bambe in sleeping beauty!

I want to see Spetro !!!! :cry:

sissa216

Re: Re: Re: Magic Kingdom Parade News

Originally posted by se8472
no no no, I think buzz would look cool at night, but I think that Nemo would be wired. I mean the float is for her movie..not he ocean itself ya know! That is like putting bambe in sleeping beauty!

I want to see Spetro !!!! :cry:
awww me too. :lol: Nemo can have his own float, and they can get rid of some of those fish that take up too much time. I know their there to gel the parade together, but you could put Nemo in there somewhere.
And as much as I love the Fantasia sequence, how many people actually get it?
I agree that Buzz would look awesome lit up, but it just seems kinda wierd to me. I guess its that seeing Buzz doesn't go with the whole flow or fit the music of Spectro.

se8472

well I mean how many people get Disney world! Just because people don't get it, doesn't mean that it should not be there...

and besides that float is cool, even if it is a not used to much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom