Magic Kingdom on New Year's - Reservations

Vortex

I'm going to be in Magic Kingdom this New Year's Eve and my friends asked if I could make reservations for dinner somewhere inside the park. Any suggestions? or is this even possible this late in the year?? I never even thought about it....

MissM

I doubt anything is available. I was at MK for NYE last year and it was crazy. I'd never seen that many people in one place - ever.
-m

Upvote 0

LilDucky

I was there as well (and going back) and yes, it's crazy! I doubt CRT, Liberty Tree Tavern, or Crystal Place are still available, but I would give Tony's or the Plaza a try. I haven't eaten at either restaurant, but I would give it a shot! They may be your only options.

I would call tomorrow!! I hope you are able to get some ressies!

Upvote 0

Rcoaster809

If you cannot get anything in the MK, you may want to try something at the CR, GF, Poly, or WL. They all have great places to try, and are not hard to get to from the MK.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Rcoaster809 said:
If you cannot get anything in the MK, you may want to try something at the CR, GF, Poly, or WL. They all have great places to try, and are not hard to get to from the MK.

The only problem with leaving the park on NYE is that you might not get back in. The thing about going on NYE is to go to the park mid-morning and don't leave.

Upvote 0

Vortex

Original Poster
We plan to be at the parks as early as we can for the 4 days we are attending. I don't plan to leave anyday, as I know we may not get back in.

I found a phone no. online this morning, so I'll give them a call today and see if anything is available.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Vortex said:
We plan to be at the parks as early as we can for the 4 days we are attending. I don't plan to leave anyday, as I know we may not get back in.

I found a phone no. online this morning, so I'll give them a call today and see if anything is available.
The best number to use is 1-407-WDW-DINE.

And I've eaten at both of the places that LilDucky suggested and they're both quite good. If money is a factor, the Plaza is cheaper, though (and much less busy). I would also try asking for the Crystal Palace - they tend to turn over tables quite quickly in there and it's a pretty big restaurant...

Hope this helps! Good luck and keep us posted!! :wave:

Upvote 0

McArcDes

My Financee and I were there last New Years Eve also. Like MissM said it is unbelievably crowded. I was told that when we were there there were 75,000 people in the MK. We got there at 7:30 am and were done riding the rides by 10:00. After that the lines for everything were so long that it was not worth it. We walked, shopped, played cards etc. all day. The fireworks wre unbelieveable. Like others have said. Get in early and dont leave. Have fun!

Upvote 0

shmmrname

We are planning to spend the early part of the day in EPCOT, as it will be the first full day we will be on vacation. I am guessing it will be so packed in every park that we won't get to "do" a large number of attractions, but we usually take it slow our first day anyway. EPCOT is great even if you're just shopping.
However, we do plan on making it to MK later in the day, though lately I'm getting worried that our plans may be foiled by extremely high attendance. Will the park(s) stop guest admittance? We had planned on simply MonoRail-ing it over to MK for the NYE festivities.

Upvote 0

McArcDes

Last year Disney closed the MK at about 10:00 am. No one got in after that. I would really suggest that you pick a park you want to be in, get in early and then stay there. If you try and park hop you will probably end up ringing in the New Year at your hotel.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

shmmrname said:
We are planning to spend the early part of the day in EPCOT, as it will be the first full day we will be on vacation. I am guessing it will be so packed in every park that we won't get to "do" a large number of attractions, but we usually take it slow our first day anyway. EPCOT is great even if you're just shopping.
However, we do plan on making it to MK later in the day, though lately I'm getting worried that our plans may be foiled by extremely high attendance. Will the park(s) stop guest admittance? We had planned on simply MonoRail-ing it over to MK for the NYE festivities.
I've never been to WDW for NYE, but I would encourage you to STRONGLY re-think your plans... But you can still stay at Epcot - the NYE Illuminations seems really cool (as does the fact that each country celebrates the New Year when it hits midnight in their time zone). Plus, Epcot can hold way more guests on a busy day than the MK.

Upvote 0

Vortex

Original Poster
I intend to be at the parks each morning when they open... and there until they kick me out! ;) I haven't been to Disney in 10 years, so I'm taking in ever minute possible! :)

Upvote 0

Vortex

Original Poster
LilDucky said:
Good to hear!! Thanks for reporting back to us! :wave:

We were seated @ 5:50pm and the food was fantastic! As it was the 4th day of "on our feet", it was great to finally have a place to seat down and be served. I had the "Plaza Club" which was fantastic! I also had a Tomato soup to start (very tasty) and a Banana Split to finish... I was absolutely stuffed, but it was worth it!

05wdw252small2zq.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom