Magic Kingdom No Longer to be Dry

Bullee

I have no trouble with the change, as I seen it coming for a while. TDO is money hungry and I mean , come on , is that not the most important thing? I will not let this keep me from having a good time ,just like it has not stopped me at any other park.

It is still funny how people will jump to defend alcohol, but will destroy anyone who defends smokers. Second hand smoke is not harmful to healthy adults, but I see people crammed into little corners of our world. While Alcoholism is widely excepted and defended. And I know people will say a glass of wine or beer with dinner is not Alcoholism, but ask yourself why is alcohol needed?? It has no medicinal value, no nutritional value, so why??

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
To those of you who enjoy a drink with your dinner.....congrats....have at it. It really isnt an issue I am passionate about. More important things for me to fret over when it comes to WDW.

Just wonder how long it will be before we see drunks in MK on Youtube? So now MK can be like all the rest of the parks.....an equal opportunity to get drunk park.....yeahhhhhhh
I truly doubt that you will see any more drunks than there are already at the Magic Kingdom. Most drunks have gotten that way either on their own accord or at another park. You will certainly not see BOG ejecting drunks out their saloon doors.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It is still funny how people will jump to defend alcohol, but will destroy anyone who defends smokers. Second hand smoke is not harmful to healthy adults, but I see people crammed into little corners of our world. While Alcoholism is widely excepted and defended. And I know people will say a glass of wine or beer with dinner is not Alcoholism, but ask yourself why is alcohol needed?? It has no medicinal value, no nutritional value, so why??

because when I drink.. I don't stink up your table 15ft away.. and second hand smoke is harmful.. unless you keep your cig inside your mouth somehow and you have the world's best filters in your lungs.

Smoking is still allowed period in part because of the point you are trying to rely on.. personal choice to indulge in something, that while known medical to be harmful, is still tolerated socially. But drinking in a common space doesn't carry the same negatives that smoking does.

nytimez

Hrm, but not all the places allow you to carry out. I seem to recall Studio Express for instance requiring consumption on premise. Are you sure they aren't just outside bars?

Min & Bill's serves beer -- I get a Yuengling there and walk around with it. No one's ever told me to consume on the premises. Min & Bill's doesn't really have a premises, come to think of it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I truly doubt that you will see any more drunks than there are already at the Magic Kingdom. Most drunks have gotten that way either on their own accord or at another park. You will certainly not see BOG ejecting drunks out their saloon doors.

I want cupholders on rides for my beers!!!

Can I get a rider swap ticket so someone will hold my beer?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Min & Bill's serves beer -- I get a Yuengling there and walk around with it. No one's ever told me to consume on the premises. Min & Bill's doesn't really have a premises, come to think of it.

ok, I believe you guys... I guess what I was trying to say is IMO it's really only prevalent in World Showcase. And of course F&W exaggerates it all when that is in the mix.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
To those of you who enjoy a drink with your dinner.....congrats....have at it. It really isnt an issue I am passionate about. More important things for me to fret over when it comes to WDW.

Just wonder how long it will be before we see drunks in MK on Youtube? So now MK can be like all the rest of the parks.....an equal opportunity to get drunk park.....yeahhhhhhh

In June I saw a drunk guy trying to get into the MK. I think he may have come off of the monorail and had a red plastic cup filled with his beverage of choice. He was obviously drunk and stumbling a little. Security stopped him at the gate. They had about 5 guys surround him in less than a minute. Not sure if my story has a point. Your post just reminded me of it.

Bullee

because when I drink.. I don't stink up your table 15ft away.. and second hand smoke is harmful.. unless you keep your cig inside your mouth somehow and you have the world's best filters in your lungs.

Smoking is still allowed period in part because of the point you are trying to rely on.. personal choice to indulge in something, that while known medical to be harmful, is still tolerated socially. But drinking in a common space doesn't carry the same negatives that smoking does.

Drinking in public is just as undesirable. I have never done either, but just do not see the difference, except one can totally change a persons attitude, reaction time, speech center, and make some people violent. While the other smells bad. The study the EPA did that got the Second hand smoking craze started was thrown out by a FED court , and when the UN reviewed it, they found that only people predisposed to it were in danger.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

People who smoke also get irritable after a few hours without a cigarette, I'm guessing if smoking was not allowed in designated areas, then people would be smoking in the restrooms, or they'd be exiting and re-entering the park 3-4 times a day, so really, its a Completely different issue.

As for drinking, anyone remember that fight in front of the Tower of Terror at DCA that was posted on Youtube, that guy seemed quite drunk and the situation got really bad for a family park. I just don't want to see that at MK.

flynnibus

Premium Member
And when we are talking about eating in a restaurant in a theme park.. the impacts of being drunk and the ability to operate machinery/drive aren't really that meaningful. People are eating dinner, not hanging out at da Club

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom