Magic Kingdom Hub Construction Complete Date?

Vipor51

Original Poster
Hello all!

Does anyone have an idea as to when the new Magic Kingdom Hub construction may be complete? Just curious as we will be there in January.

mammaminnie

I have not seen a completion date anywhere, granted that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist either. My guess though is with a project of this size, the completion date may still be fluid at this point.

mikeh

Hello all!

Does anyone have an idea as to when the new Magic Kingdom Hub construction may be complete? Just curious as we will be there in January.

While the estimate is "2015" I wouldn't bet on "Early 2015". I'm guessing they would want it completed before 2015 summer crowds

GrammieBee

The last construction permit for the hub expires in Nov. 2015. It is certainly possible it could be completed before that. We're going the last week in Oct. and hope we will have waited long enough.

Sage of Time

Dream Along with Mickey is closed from April 13 - May 20, seems short compared to the other half of the hub but could be some indication?
If that were the case, that would mean the Hub expansion took a little over a year... which WAS the original estimates. And I would expect them wanting to have this done by summer.

So, hopefully?

RAXIP

I have a question, why would Dream Along With Mickey be closed?
Probably to convert the show's tech booths to the new castle turret design.

01-plaza-refurb-02.jpg

tech booth.jpg

Rob562

I have a stupid question, but what do you mean?

The shows on the castle stage are controlled by lighting and sound techs on top of the two copper-roofed pavilions on either side of the stage. That's also where spotlight operators are for shows that use them. (In the first photo you can see the green fabric awning that they put up to shade the techs standing up there)

The existing copper-roofed pavilions are being re-built into a theme that blends into the Castle's architecture rather than the architecture from the rest of the Hub. You can see one of the new tech booth pavilions in the upper right-center of the concept artwork pic. (And the stand-alone Castle turret to the right of it is a re-themed lighting and sound tower for the stage)

-Rob

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

The shows on the castle stage are controlled by lighting and sound techs on top of the two copper-roofed pavilions on either side of the stage. That's also where spotlight operators are for shows that use them. (In the first photo you can see the green fabric awning that they put up to shade the techs standing up there)

The existing copper-roofed pavilions are being re-built into a theme that blends into the Castle's architecture rather than the architecture from the rest of the Hub. You can see one of the new tech booth pavilions in the upper right-center of the concept artwork pic. (And the stand-alone Castle turret to the right of it is a re-themed lighting and sound tower for the stage)

-Rob
Thank you sorry, I was confused

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom