Magic Kingdom Horse and Carrage

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
It's there in the mornings typically. The double decker bus is long gone, though.

Mornings... I wouldn't know LOL. I go to the Magic Kingdom on nights it's open late because of the crowds but when I get a chance to go there during an off season I am definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the reply :). I never even knew there was a double decker bus at the Magic Kingdom except for the one at Epcot. Unfortunately it was once used for guest transportation as from what i have heard. I guess it wasn't necessary since Epcot has the boats which I imagine are much nicer. I cant even imagine a Double Decker Bus going thru the Magic Kingdom in todays crowds.

zooey

Here is a pic:
IMG_0061.JPG

I guess this was taken in 2009 so maybe it IS still around. I haven't seen it if it is.

tagrd

We were there a few weeks ago and saw the horse and carriage a few times down Main Street, but it was definitely during the morning hours.

adv.bluedude

I was there last July and they were running the omnibus along with the carriage in the morning. I would hardly say it's long gone

Rob562

Really?? We always arrive at the park early, before rope drop, and I've never seen the horsey or the bus hmm.

During the morning hours, the horse and trolley only carries Guests part of the time. It's used in the trolley show that runs 3 or 4 times each morning.

The Move It Shake It street party also takes away some time that the trolley and other vehicles can't be used. And all street vehicles are gone by the time crowds start lining up for the afternoon parade. I don't think they return after the afternoon parade.

-Rob

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I forgot all about the morning events in the Magic Kingdom. Its a nice atmosphere seeing the carriage and the trolly going up and down Main Street USA with that music playing. I love Main Street USA with all the action you don't see in every main street like you would in the old days. I always find myself never getting a chance just to hang out there, even if its just taking a break sitting on a bench having a little power snack weather its a turkey leg or one of those fat chocolate chip cookies. If I get a chance to go there this fall wither Disneyland or Disney World thats going to be in my to do list. It seems like my family has to get on every ride, work around the fast pass and rush all over the park.

Thorpyness

I can vouch for the horse drawn trolley...complete with Dapper Dans hanging off the side, and me and family on the back row - Sept 2010

We didn't see anything else as we got to the top of main street and headed off into fantasyland, but I only knew of the carriage through message boards so was sure to have a go whilst I could.

img3341u.jpg
img3343i.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom