"Magic Kingdom Hearts" - Imagineering a new video game

mharrington

Original Poster
I've seen how they do Disney theme parks in the video game industry. More often than not, it's rather mediocre. Adventures In the Magic Kingdom, anyone? Or how about the WDW Magical Racing Tour? The only real decent Disney-park-themed video game they've done was released only for the SNES in Japan (not even translated!). It's called Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibōken, which literally translates to Mickey's Great Adventure in Tokyo Disneyland. All three of the aforementioned games have the levels themed to attractions. But I honestly feel that the Disney parks deserve better.

That's what this game called "Magic Kingdom Hearts" is all about. This is pretty much the same kind of game and theme thereof as the Kingdom Hearts series, except with Disney theme park attractions for worlds instead of movies. Hence, why it's called "Magic Kingdom Hearts", to be a blend of both "Magic Kingdom" and "Kingdom Hearts".

This thread will feature everything from all aspects of the game. From world descriptions and character profiles to weapons and hidden items. I will basically explain the entire game, through vivid detail, illustration and description. As with any KH game, this one would be one of the more difficult games to describe, considering the detailed worlds and vast variety of characters, but I feel like it could be accomplished.

But first, I need help with the Disney attractions that should be featured in the game. Can you help me? And what should the "starter world" be? Once we get some ideas suggested, I will put them out in verbal tour form, like the real KH games. Until then, can anyone help me?

terp79

I really like your concept and being a huge fan of the KH series I agree that a game where the classic characters magically end up in the magic kingdom would be very killer.

Here's my two cents:
If I where designing said game I would break up the magic kingdom into different planets so that players can take a custom designed gummi ship and or gummi train to the various worlds. That way you keep the original format.

As for worlds I would then break it up into the different sections of the park, incorporating attractions from all the different magic kingdoms across the world.

Starter world would be Main Street USA: Think Traverse Town

What would your storyline be? In order to create such a game you need a good story, would the park take on a theme park or would it simply be that sora and the gang in new worlds, meaning do the characters know they're in a theme park? Why are they in these new lands, what's the point of the characters being in these new areas?

mharrington

Original Poster
Starter world would be Main Street USA: Think Traverse Town

Or maybe Twilight Town?

What would your storyline be? In order to create such a game you need a good story, would the park take on a theme park or would it simply be that sora and the gang in new worlds, meaning do the characters know they're in a theme park? Why are they in these new lands, what's the point of the characters being in these new areas?

Well, I don't know what the storyline would be. Why don't we work something out, because I'm out of ideas. Storywise, the only thing I could come close to was this (which does not have the KH-only characters or Final Fantasy characters): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1824339/1/The_Battle_for_Disney. Mind you, it will not be the exact same story, but maybe we could incorporate elements of it into the game. It will not feature characters from Lego, WB, Toho, Daiei and Universal, as this fan fiction does.

Jasonflz

Adventureland would be the equal to the Tarzan level. Other than being an alternate version of Kingdom Hearts, you could come up with some new levels.

Jasonflz

Well, what about the Treehouse and the Jungle Cruise?

All part of the land. Tarzan's treehouse wouldn't really be there. Here's an afterthough, how 'bout making each land's enemies tied to the land. And characters.

Adventureland:
Enemies;
Pirates
Davy Jones
Barbossa
Tiki Gods
Characters;
Swiss Family Robinson
Jungle Animals
Tiki Birds
Jack Sparrow
Alladin
Genie
Magic Carpet

Boss
Lions
Jafar

Jasonflz

Frontierland:
Enemies;
Brer Fox
Brer Bear
Diamond Dave (Made up character)
Friends;
Pecos Bill
Woody
Jesse
Bullseye
Saddlin' Sam
Tom Saywer
Old West Mayor

Boss
Evil vultures
Briar Patch
Flooding and cave in 'Bats

Jasonflz

Fantasyland:
Enemies;
Evil Witch
Heffalumps
Woozles
Ursula

Friends;
Pinocchio
Snow White
Cinderella
Dumbo
Small World Children
Peter Pan and Tinkerbell
Wendy and the lost boys
Winnie the pooh and friends

Boss
Captain Hook and Crocodile

Jasonflz

Tomorrowland:
Enemies;
Zurg
Alien Encounter Alien
Blast 'Em Aliens
Friends
Carousel Family
Timekeeper
Buzz Lightyear
Little Green Men
Stitch

Boss
Alien Encounter alien

mharrington

Original Poster
Well, don't forget, it's not just Disney World, it's actually a blending of all the Magic Kingdoms worldwide with elements of the parks strewn about here. Anyway...

Toontown
Enemies
The Toon Patrol (AKA the Weasels)
Pete
Friends
Mickey?
Minnie
Daisy
Pluto
Scrooge McDuck
Chip 'n' Dale
Roger Rabbit
Jessica Rabbit
Benny the Cab

(I didn't list Donald and Goofy, because I'm thinking of having them accompany you like in the real games)

And don't forget, the different attractions are on different worlds, too, like in the actual KH games.

Jasonflz

Here's another idea....

In Kingdom Hearts (the first, haven't played the second) you get between worlds courtesy of a rocket ship. How about this one, you have a form of transportation also themed to the land.

Main Street: Monorail

Adventureland: Pirate Ship

Frontierland: Runaway train

Liberty Square: Liberty Square Riverboat

Fantasyland: Teacup

Toontown: Barnstormer

Tomorrowland: Star Tours Vehicle

mharrington

Original Poster
I had a couple of ideas for both Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion:

For the Haunted Mansion, one of the Heartless here would be those Search Ghosts. One of the bosses would be Constance the murderous bride. You then return for a second trip through the ride, and it's themed to the Haunted Mansion Holiday, with the Nightmare Before Christmas characters in there.

For Splash Mountain, you first battle Brer Bear at the base of the hill leading to the big drop as a mini-boss. Then you go up to the top of the hill to Brer Fox's lair near the edge of the big waterfall. Here, you battle Brer Fox, the main boss of this attraction, while Brer Rabbit, tied to the barbecue spit, continuously cheers you on, and the only way to defeat the fox is to knock him over the edge of the waterfall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom