Magic Kingdom -> DHS transport ?

paul436

I am taking a Disney Cruise out of NYC this year and Port Canaveral is one of our ports of call. We get one full day in WDW. My plan was to start in MK, monorail to EPCOT and then walk to DHS. We were going to hit our favorites in each park before moving on. I was leaving AK off of this trip since we only have one day.

But now, my family is thinking that one day is not enough time for 3 parks and only wants to go to MK and DHS. So, what is the best way to get to DHS from MK? TIA

SMS55

I am taking a Disney Cruise out of NYC this year and Port Canaveral is one of our ports of call. We get one full day in WDW. My plan was to start in MK, monorail to EPCOT and then walk to DHS. We were going to hit our favorites in each park before moving on. I was leaving AK off of this trip since we only have one day.

But now, my family is thinking that one day is not enough time for 3 parks and only wants to go to MK and DHS. So, what is the best way to get to DHS from MK? TIA

You can do all 3 if you hit the rides you like and get fast passes. I've done it. If you are going to do it then just take the bus from MK to HS. If not you are taking the EPCOT monorial, then you have to walk through the park to the International Gateway or take the bus from EPCOT. Either way, just bypass the monorail and take the bus.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Where do you get the bus to DHS from the MK? Is there a bus stop near all the other bus stops?

The bus from the MK to DHS is at the TTC. You have to take the monorail or ferry over there and then catch the bus. You might save a few minutes by walking over to the Contemporary and then catching the bus from there.

Upvote 0

paul436

Original Poster
The bus from the MK to DHS is at the TTC. You have to take the monorail or ferry over there and then catch the bus. You might save a few minutes by walking over to the Contemporary and then catching the bus from there.

I didn't think it was near the resort bus stops. Thanks!

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I didn't think it was near the resort bus stops. Thanks!

My mistake, it's not in the same area as the resort bus stops at the MK.

As another poster mentioned, it may be quicker to hike over to the Comtemporary and get a bus from there. I've walked over to the Contemporary a couple of times to catch busses and it always seems quicker to me (and less crowded).

Upvote 0

paul436

Original Poster
I walked over to the Contemporary before for other reasons (parasailing) and found it to be a quick walk. That is probably the route we will take. Thanks.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

My mistake, it's not in the same area as the resort bus stops at the MK.

As another poster mentioned, it may be quicker to hike over to the Comtemporary and get a bus from there. I've walked over to the Contemporary a couple of times to catch busses and it always seems quicker to me (and less crowded).
It will probably be quicker to take the ferry/monorail to the Transportation & Ticket Center and then catch the DHS bus from there.

After your walk to Contemporary to wait for the DHS bus, that bus will also make stops at Polynesian and maybe Grand Floridian depending on the time of year ... but definitely Poly.

All in all, the direct bus will be your better bet. Just my opinion. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

It will probably be quicker to take the ferry/monorail to the Transportation & Ticket Center and then catch the DHS bus from there.

After your walk to Contemporary to wait for the DHS bus, that bus will also make stops at Polynesian and maybe Grand Floridian depending on the time of year ... but definitely Poly.

All in all, the direct bus will be your better bet. Just my opinion. :)

Depends - we were at BLT in March and our bus to Studios made no stops - it went direct from the Contemporary to the Studios.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Depends - we were at BLT in March and our bus to Studios made no stops - it went direct from the Contemporary to the Studios.

I guess it depends on luck of the draw ... I stayed at Contemporary March 21-25 and our DHS bus (we took it twice) stopped at both Poly and GF before going to the park.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom