Magic Kingdom Build-Out

The Rocketeer

Original Poster
I have long wanted to do a build-out in the style of S.W. Wilson, Imagineerland, ParkLore etc. When Parklore posted theirs I decided to create my own using his park as a template of sorts with a simplified digital drawing style in comparison to Wilson's pretty detailed parks, an expanded railroad, lands north of Rivers of America, and ride relocations, though with my ideas throughout. Please excuse the crudity of this whole map, I didn't have time to put it to scale or to paint it... It was my first attempt at this sort of thing and it took me about a month.

Without further ado...

IMG_0503.jpg

Main Street U.S.A.

As you enter the turnstiles of the park and go under the Roy E. Disney Railroad Main Street Station, we see a familiar Main Street, virtually unchanged aesthetically, with the exception of large trees in the main planters to obscure the view of the Castle from bottom of the train station.

Replacing the Mickey Mouse meet and greet and Town Square Theatre is Main Street Museum, home of Walt Disney One Man's Dream. Just next door is Town Square Eatery, a replacement to the somewhat maligned Tony's Town Square. Here they serve east coast comfort food including Walt's favorite-chili. In a new offshoot from Town Square is home to the new Marceline Opera House which houses Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, an exact recreation of the show from Disneyland. Visit Osh Popham's Emporium for your shopping needs and to satiate your sweet tooth stop in the Confectionary. To the north end of the street is Coke Corner, home of the corn dog nuggets, Lillian's Restaurant, a buffet style restaurant, and of course the old favorites-Plaza Inn and the Ice Cream Parlor.

The hub remains virtually the same as it is (IRL) today.

Untitled_Artwork 6.jpg

Tomorrowland

In a return to form for my favorite land in the Magic Kingdom, my ideal Tomorrowland is a continuation of the 1994 retheme. As you enter the Avenue of Planets to the left is the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter featuring a completely reshot film with Neil Patrick Harris as the nefarious... or incompetent... chairman L.C. Clench, Paul Rudd as Spinlok, and Amy Pohler as Dr. Femus. Simulated Intelligence Robotics, a.k.a. SIR, would continue to be voiced by Tim Curry with original archived VO due to Curry's health. It is basically the same show, but built with today's technology and minor updates to fit today's culture and with relevant references.

Across the avenue is Andromeda the Beautiful, a tribute to the old America the Beautiful circle vision show, this too would be a circle vision show with animatronic guide-ORAC 71-voiced by Randall Park. This is a simple fly through by probe through Galaxy M-31 when nerdowell space pirates hijack the probe and try to find our whereabouts to take our souvenirs. Luckily ORAC is able to put up defensive shielding around the Metropolis Science Center just in time, persuading the pirates in the process to go about their business.

IMG_0504.JPG

Sketch of ORAC 71 designed by Yours Truly.

Ahead is Rockettower Plaza, which is home to the Tomorrowland Transit Authorities, the Lunching Pad, and a new addition, the Rocket Pods. Rocket Pods is a spinner style attraction, but more extreme similar to the attraction in Shanghai Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

Across the way where Space Ranger Spins now sits in Baymax Battle Blasters. A new twist on the shooter ride, tag along with Baymax and Hiro Hamada to blast nanobots and capture Professor Callahan before he destroys all of the land of tomorrow.

Right next door. in between Baymax and the Carousel of Progress is Horizons. The beloved EPCOT attraction is reborn here for the 21st century with an updated finale with 15 different locations including Mesa Verde, Sea Castle, and Brava Centauri Space Colony, also with the option to have virtual fly-throughs of the other Tomorrowlands in the world-Tokyo, Anaheim, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. Now more than ever... If we can dream it, we can do it.

In the Future County Museum of Ancient Invention and Antiquity we find Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress, a recreation of the World's Fair Progressland with a second floor with the entire model of Progress City. With a new script and new voice acting, a new finale to end the show with reverts back to a 60's style scene set in E.P.C.O.T.

Neighboring WDCOP is Starview Theatre, a new people eater for the Magic Kingdom. Inside houses a 25 minute broadway style show featuring the characters from Meet the Robinsons with all new songs by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez.

The highlight of New Tomorrowland is Space Mountain: Mission 2. Mission 2 is the same Space Mountain we love, but completely re-tracked to provide a smother experience. The iconic entrance and star tunnel music stays the same, but a new score by Ludwig Göransson is added to the ride via on train speakers a la Disneyland's Space Mountain and Rock N' Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith. The new trains, still in bobsled single seating style, traverse the same layout with the same airtime hills and dizzying helixes, pass the same space station lift hill (with new magic-animatronics), and still provide a more thrilling experience than most other non-looping Disney coasters. The biggest difference is an all new post-show with the triumphant return of the speed ramp (look if I can design this unrealistic ideal build out with no budget, I can also do impractical things like this)... Starport 75 has never been better!

IMG_0510.PNG
IMG_0509.JPG

Next up is Star Tours. It is self explanatory.. relocated from Disney's Hollywood Studios, this is the same attraction as The Adventure Continues, but one of the simulators is equipped with a R-3X and it plays a 4k remastered 3-D version of the original film.

Finally we need to eat in the future so enter Tomorrowland Terrace (Featuring Sonny Eclipse) and the Inventor's Club respectively. In Tomorrowland Terrace find Sonny and his space angels having a planetary boogie while you eat off an updated menu with many options including flatbreads, chicken strips. brisket grilled cheese, street corn, and the return of the handwich!

At the Inventor's Club we meet a cyborg animatronic by the name of Dr. Lucy T. Morrow and her trusty friend Zeebie, the "grandaughter" of Weebo, made by famed fellow inventor Philip Brained hundreds of years ago.

Untitled_Artwork 7.jpg

Oh, one more thing. A tunnel, an alternate route to and from Fantasyland, which houses the Tomorrowland Times, the newspaper of Tomorrowland, and an advertisement board for the many businesses and attractions in Tomorrowland is housed here.

IMG_0511 2.jpg

Discoveryland

I have always loved the idea of Discoveryland in Disneyland Paris so I wanted to add a mini Discoveryland of my own. I did not want to get rid of Tomorrowland as I really love it, but I wanted MK to have another great E-Ticket in place of Tron. Here is my Discoveryland!

As you enter the land, to the right you will find an attraction similar to the scrapped Bullet Train concept from the Japan world showcase pavilion. Since this is an unrealistic pipe dream of a park, this is a world where Disney has the rights to Back to the Future III (since Universal doesn't want to do anything with it anymore). Here you hop along a sidecar to the Time Train and hop on an adventure, intended to go to the past, but the flux capacitor is broken and we end up winding around Discoveryland and all of WDW before crashing into Cinderella Castle. Clara and Doc apologize for the bumpy ride and hope to make it up to you with a real time trip in the future. Doc then fixes the capacitor and says "I have a chess game with Mr. Verne" and says goodbye. I didn't want to make a time traveling attraction for one specific reason, but I wanted to have that tie in to a great movie that references Jules Verne given this is a Verne-esque land.

Next up is Captain Nemo's Quarters, a QS stand that offers seafood.

In the heart of the land is Vulcania Lagoon, here a replica of the Nautilus is docked. Just ashore is the Orbitron, the relocated Astro Orbiter done up in a new steampunk style similar to its sister rides in Paris and Anaheim. Behind Orbitron is Trip to the Moon, a short Omnimover attraction based on the 1902 short film "A Trip to the Moon" and, of course, Verne's iconic novel "From the Earth to the Moon (Direct in Ninety-Seven Hours and Twenty Minutes: and a Trip Round It)." Join the Baltimore gun club and come face-to-face, quite literally, with humanity's constant evening companion Luna.

Across the way is the return of a beloved attraction, The Visionarium (a.k.a. From Time to Time... a.k.a. The Timekeeper). Once again reworked a new polished script with two comedians, perhaps Steve Carrell and Amy Sedaris, but this time without the Boyz II Men song to instantly date it.

Discoveryland has a stop on the Roy Disney Railroad, the last before the highlight of the entire attraction, the Grand Canyon and Primeval World, which is behind Tomorrowland. It also goes in between Trip to the Moon and the highlight of the entire land and perhaps Magic Kingdom, an attraction we'll talk about next....​

The Rocketeer

Original Poster
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea was a beloved attraction for 23 years in Fantasyland and its loss is often lamented. So I'm bringing it back. Inspired by the attraction at Tokyo DisneySea, this is a unique ride built custom just for Magic Kingdom. You'll go to the depths of the sea with Captain Nemo and come face-to-face with a large-than-life squid!

IMG_0512 2.jpg

So that is Discoveryland! A great little land, if you ask me.

(sorry, ran out of space on the first post. Fantasyland coming soon!)

The Rocketeer

Original Poster
Fantasyland

Recently I got back from my first trip to Disneyland. One of the biggest take aways I had, aside from the fact that I love New Orleans Square, is that Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland is really lacking in some aspects in comparison, aside from the New Fantasyland expansion which opened in 2012/2014. Magic Kingdom really needs one or two more good dark rides at least. I also think the village theming of Disneyland works much better than the circus tents of MK, though that has gotten better over the years. I incorporated New Fantasyland into this very, very large version of the land, but added several more rides, a meet and great space, and more.

First order of business is Cinderella Castle. I am not a fan of the current color scheme so imagine the castle is back to its original paint job. Right behind the castle is, of course, the iconic carousel. I have decided to rename it back to Cinderella's Golden Carousel. I know, Cinderella Castle, Cinderella's Royal Table, Cinderella's Golden Carousel... it is kind of overkill, but the name works better than Prince Charming Regal Carousel IMO.

To the right of the Carousel is a new favorite of mine, Pinocchio's Daring Journey. It should be in every castle park, it's so fun. This would be an updated port of the Disneyland version, maybe slightly extended. Across the way is the big attraction for Fantasyland: The Battle of Sleeping Beauty, replacing Mickey's Philharmagic. Join Prince Philip on the race to stop mean old Maleficent and save Princess Aurora. This modern dark ride will use projection mapping, practical effects, and binaural audio to make a grand E-ticket experience for one of Disney's more underrated princesses. Next door is the staple of Peter Pan's Flight, there's not much you can do here other than updated some effects. It is still going to be crowded and it's still going to be a two or less minute experience. Iconic, to be sure, but a rope dropper if you want to ride it.

In the plot where it's a small world currently occupies is Mary Poppins Jolly Holliday. Join Mary, Bert, Jane and Michael on an adventure through the chalk pavement world and ride a carousel horse through the English countryside. On the outskirts of the west side of Fantasyland is the Sword in the Stone attraction, a small and charming dark ride that covers a film that honestly could use more love in the parks. With Small World no longer taking this plot it can be reorganized as a pathway to more... flanking on either side is retail/shopping and we see the relocated, covered Mad Tea Party. We are now entering my favorite part of this new fantasyland. I love the how Disneyland's small world loaded outside. I know it's impractical for constantly raining Florida, but by jove I wanted MK to have a big, beautiful Mary Blair style mural outside too. Passing by is, of course, the Railroad.

Across the way is a basic dark ride called the Tales of Bambi, based on the 1942 Disney classic. Next door houses the return of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. This single track version is a carbon copy of Disneyland's, with a covered queue. A new Meet and Greet Space, called The Great Hall, is also at the heart of this new section of Fantasyland. Here you can meet the Fab 5, as well as various princesses.

Finally we get to my favorite part of "New New Fantasyland" is a subtend which I called French Square. Here you'll find a bakery, a quick service restaurant, a large retail store for all your fairytale merchandise needs, and a BatB Tokyo style dark ride based on one of my favorite Disney films, the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Quasimodo's Brave Quest-Enter the great cathedral of Notre Dame and ride a trackless wagon through the tale of Quasimodo, Esmerelda, and their battle over the evil forces of Judge Claude Frollo and his soldiers. Who will win? Only time will tell!

With the exception of a name change for the Little Mermaid attraction, the rest of New Fantasyland remains the same, with the exception of the restroom. That is another thing I borrowed from Parklore.

Finally, The Sorcerer's Apprentice is a dark ride based on.. you guessed it.. Fantasia and finally gives classic Mickey Mouse an attraction of his own, that's probably my biggest critique of Runaway Railway is the new shorts style it is in...

IMG_0514.jpg

So that is Fantasyland, I hope you enjoyed this tour. The best is yet to come :) Next we shall look at Liberty Square and Frontierland.

Last edited:
Fantasyland

Recently I got back from my first trip to Disneyland. One of the biggest take aways I had, aside from the fact that I love New Orleans Square, is that Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland is really lacking in some aspects in comparison, aside from the New Fantasyland expansion which opened in 2012/2014. Magic Kingdom really needs one or two more good dark rides at least. I also think the village theming of Disneyland works much better than the circus tents of MK, though that has gotten better over the years. I incorporated New Fantasyland into this very, very large version of the land, but added several more rides, a meet and great space, and more.

First order of business is Cinderella Castle. I am not a fan of the current color scheme so imagine the castle is back to its original paint job. Right behind the castle is, of course, the iconic carousel. I have decided to rename it back to Cinderella's Golden Carousel. I know, Cinderella Castle, Cinderella's Royal Table, Cinderella's Golden Carousel... it is kind of overkill, but the name works better than Prince Charming Regal Carousel IMO.

To the right of the Carousel is a new favorite of mine, Pinocchio's Daring Journey. It should be in every castle park, it's so fun. This would be an updated port of the Disneyland version, maybe slightly extended. Across the way is the big attraction for Fantasyland: The Battle of Sleeping Beauty, replacing Mickey's Philharmagic. Join Prince Philip on the race to stop mean old Maleficent and save Princess Aurora. This modern dark ride will use projection mapping, practical effects, and binaural audio to make a grand E-ticket experience for one of Disney's more underrated princesses. Next door is the staple of Peter Pan's Flight, there's not much you can do here other than updated some effects. It is still going to be crowded and it's still going to be a two or less minute experience. Iconic, to be sure, but a rope dropper if you want to ride it.

In the plot where it's a small world currently occupies is Mary Poppins Jolly Holliday. Join Mary, Bert, Jane and Michael on an adventure through the chalk pavement world and ride a carousel horse through the English countryside. On the outskirts of the west side of Fantasyland is the Sword in the Stone attraction, a small and charming dark ride that covers a film that honestly could use more love in the parks. With Small World no longer taking this plot it can be reorganized as a pathway to more... flanking on either side is retail/shopping and we see the relocated, covered Mad Tea Party. We are now entering my favorite part of this new fantasyland. I love the how Disneyland's small world loaded outside. I know it's impractical for constantly raining Florida, but by jove I wanted MK to have a big, beautiful Mary Blair style mural outside too. Passing by is, of course, the Railroad.

Across the way is a basic dark ride called the Tales of Bambi, based on the 1942 Disney classic. Next door houses the return of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. This single track version is a carbon copy of Disneyland's, with a covered queue. A new Meet and Greet Space, called The Great Hall, is also at the heart of this new section of Fantasyland. Here you can meet the Fab 5, as well as various princesses.

Finally we get to my favorite part of "New New Fantasyland" is a subtend which I called French Square. Here you'll find a bakery, a quick service restaurant, a large retail store for all your fairytale merchandise needs, and a BatB Tokyo style dark ride based on one of my favorite Disney films, the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Quasimodo's Brave Quest-Enter the great cathedral of Notre Dame and ride a trackless wagon through the tale of Quasimodo, Esmerelda, and their battle over the evil forces of Judge Claude Frollo and his soldiers. Who will win? Only time will tell!

With the exception of a name change for the Little Mermaid attraction, the rest of New Fantasyland remains the same, with the exception of the restroom. That is another thing I borrowed from Parklore.

Finally, The Sorcerer's Apprentice is a dark ride based on.. you guessed it.. Fantasia and finally gives classic Mickey Mouse an attraction of his own, that's probably my biggest critique of Runaway Railway is the new shorts style it is in...

View attachment 773343

So that is Fantasyland, I hope you enjoyed this tour. The best is yet to come :) Next we shall look at Liberty Square and Frontierland.
Nice ideas @The Rocketeer! I think a second Alice attraction could have gone besides The Relocated TeaCups and The tunnel to Tomorrowland could have be something like a dragon cave from Paris, Nice Ideas! Hoping in Frontierland Splash is included over Tiana!

The Rocketeer

Original Poster
Liberty Square

Liberty Square is the part of the park I did the least amount of changes too, but I still did one significant change and a few small improvements to try to make the experience even better. In terms of dining, Columbia Harbour House and Liberty Tree Tavern remain the exact same. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Memento Mori being still a relatively new addition, only about a decade old, will stay unchanged as well.

Haunted Mansion, my favorite attraction in Magic Kingdom, most of the changes I would make would be inside the attraction and relatively minimal. For the exterior of the attraction, I would return to keeping the grounds well manicured like Walt wanted for Disneyland, which continues to this day. It looks nicer honestly. It makes the mansion more mysterious for the first time guests and there would still be clues to the theme, like the hearse and tombstones, and the howling of the dog. But that is just a personal preference, honestly. Either way it doesn't affect the ride much.

For changes and improvements to the attraction itself, I would put Hatbox Ghost in his proper place just outside the attic. I understand why they put him where they did, but it still disrupts the story. I also would get rid of Constance. I know, I know... throne stones at me, but her projection is dated and objectively bad. If you were to keep her it should be with a hyper realistic animatronic, but that would take you out of the ride more. Now, to be clear, there would be a bride, but I would bring back the beating heart bride, this time an animatronic instead of a static figure. I just like the story more compared to the updated one with constance and I don't like how Constance looks realistic, everyone in the attraction, including the gravekeeper looks somewhat cartoonish and she is a departure from that.

The other main attraction of my Liberty Square is Ichabod's Last Ride, a dark ride based on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, replacing Hall of Presidents. I am replacing HOP due to the ever increasing controversial nature of the show, with our country getting more and more divided, and due to the fact that The American Adventure exists and is better and I added Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln to Main Street. The park originally was going to have a Sleepy Hollow ride in Fantasyland before Roy O. Disney mandated the imagineers use the Disneyland attractions as templates to build new versions off of in Magic Kingdom. I am not the first to come up with this idea, other people in their buildouts have also done this (including Parklore), I think it just makes perfect sense!
IMG_0517.JPG

...and that is Liberty Square!

Frontierland

Frontierland is a land I made substantial changes to, just like Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. As we enter the great frontier we are met with the same Frontier Trading Post and the Shootin' Gallery, but as we encounter what was Grizzly Hall we encounter our first major change.... Grizzly Hall becomes Frontierland Theatre and Country Bear Jamboree is now Woody's Round-Up Variety Show. Join Woody, Jesse, Prospector Pete and even Spanish Buzz in this fun animatronic show as you're shrunk down to the size of a doll to enjoy a hootin', hollering' concert with Andy's toys. Don't worry, CBJ fans, I am not abandoning Henry and the gang! (Stay Tuned). As you return to life size you can eat at the Mile Long Bar, returning from Magic Kingdom past.

Here's where more the major changes take place. Since the railroad was extended in this idealistic Magic Kingdom, more space was opened up for more attractions. This is also kinda unrealistic as I would be removing the parade building, but let's just imagine the parade goes through Discoveryland instead....

As we go past Mile Long Bar, near where the walkway to Adventureland currently inhabits, we discover more themed facades, which are built on a large building housing a large trackless E ticket and a table service restaurant.

The E-Ticket is called Gonzo's Great Western Frontier Exploration Adventure Ride, a name purposefully long and redundant. Follow Gonzo on a western themed ride through a ghost town doing death defying tricks... on a runaway wagon.

The restaurant is called Baxter Davis Ghosttown Restaurant (named after Tony Baxter and Mark Davis respectively). The story goes that one day an old man named Baxter Davis, a widower with no assets and no prospects, went west looking for something, anything, but when he got there all he saw were remnants of a town, suddenly abandoned. Thirsty and without much time to survive, he found a stream which led to a natural spring, this spring gave him not only his strength back, but de-aged him 40 years, making him a young man. After finding fellow travelers, he convinced them to join him on his new quest of rebuilding this town, a town where no one gets old if they drink from the spring, even their horses. Legend, tall tale, or true story? Come down to try a drink, eat good food, and have a good old time at Baxter's. You may not want to leave!

Going deeper into the heart of Frontierland you'll find the fan favorite Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, updated with a 3rd lift hill scene a la Disneyland. Right next door is the rafts to the rechristened Mark Twain Island and the dock to the Mike Fink's Keel Boats. Across the way is my favorite edition to the land, Old Tumbleweed Raging Rapids. A spiritual successor to Big Thunder and similar to the Western River Expedition, this rapids ride (think Kali River Rapids or Grizzly River Run) is a fun, very wet ride through scenes of Cowboys having a mishaps galore Mark Davis style.

Finally we have a new area with a new railroad stop and a couple of retail shops, perfect last stop of the old dusty trail.

Untitled_Artwork 8.jpg

Next we will enter a friend's hallowed village featuring the return of an extinct attraction ;)

Frontierland was fun to make, it was the last land I actually did. I didn't really know what to do in regards to Splash Mountain/Tiana's, I didn't want to just make the Western River Expedition, so this felt like I found compromise and something more original. I almost included Splash, It is one of my favorites and I will always miss it. I know rapids rides aren't always the most popular rides, but I thought with a good amount of theming (including animatronics and special effects), you could really make it a re-ridable experience given how every ride would be slightly different due to the spinning nature of the attraction.

Last edited:

The Rocketeer

Original Poster
Powhatan Village

Okay so for this land I wanted to honor one of my favorite princesses, Pocahontas, who I think is one of the more underrated heroines if you ask me. Magic Kingdom style parks have always... for better or for worse... had representations of Native Americans. Instead of cancelling and erasing the past I think it's important to keep history alive, have real indigenous people tell their stories. I think it's also important for good minority representation in the parks, but always implementing it in ways that make sense and don't feel shoehorned so I felt Pocahontas was a good balanced fit. I really loved Parklore's Pooh mini-land and was inspired by that to do my own here.

As you cross underneath the train trestles and take a left you will enter the world of Pochantas. When you make your way down the main path, notice opportunities to wander on separate trails. These are perfect opportunities to try to find Flit, Meeko, and Percy on a similar game to that of finding the Pascals near the Tangled Restroom IRL.

As you continue into the main plaza of the land you'll find the Susan Constant docked ashore, here you can go inside it and see all the things greedy Ratcliffe has... acquired.. on his journey's and the crew quarters. Across the way is a real life mother willow, a gigantic animatronic controlled puppet capable of live interactions by technology similar to Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and Turtle Talk with Crush. Every now and then you'll end see Pocahontas and John Smith interacting with her. Nearby are three village tents where you can meet Pocahontas friends, even the chief who comes and tells stories of his past and Pocahontas mother.

In the back of the land is the main attraction...

IMG_0525.jpg

In this boat ride using similar technology to that on Navi River Journey, watch the river come alive and come along with Pocahontas as she retells the events of the film. Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? Prepare your self for a plunge down a waterfall!

As you exit you'll find a restroom and a large retail store selling merchandise based on the film, with a small bakery selling goods cooked by the villagers. Finally, we reach the attraction I'm most excited about-Rivebrend Exploring Canoes. Similar to Davy Crockett explorer canoes, this is a return of kinetic energy to the park and Rivers of America. Join a cast member, sometimes even Pocahontas herself or her best friend Nakoma, leading you as you row...and row... and row... but suddenly, the magic of the river moves you along without you needing to paddle.

IMG_0527.JPG

And so we've reached the end of this little land. It isn't much, just a couple of small experiences and one D ticket, but it's perfect for what its supposed to be-a way to add capacity to the world's busiest theme park that desperately needs more things for people to do to spread out crowds.

The Rocketeer

Original Poster
Mineral King National Park

Here is my next original land. I loved Parklore's Grizzly Peak idea, I often think that the Country Bear Jamboree should return to DLR via Grizzly Peak in DCA, so I of course drew inspiration from their idea. But I really wanted to do something unique. I thought about the origins of CBJ, how it was "Walt's last laugh" and how it was supposed to be in Mineral King when Disney was going to do a ski resort after Walt became heavily involved with the 1960 Winter Olympics. I decided I wanted to make my own fictional Mineral King and bring several ideas that already exist in other Disney parks and marry them together here.

So as we leave the Powhatan Village and enter Mineral King, we pass land laiden with fallen snow and to the left is our first attraction in our ski village-The Winter Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. When I was a kid, I remember having the VHS tape "Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too" and drew some inspiration from that. While not based on the obscure video sequel, I loved the idea of flipping the original dark ride from Fantasyland on its head and making snow fall in the Hundred Acre Wood. Join Poohbear, Christopher Robin, and all their friends on a sledding adventure! Nearby TWAWP are a couple of homey retail shops to either side of the attraction. As we take a left further into the village we find an alley with Walt's Restaurant. Here you can eat a bowl of Mr. Disney's favorite food, Chili, or maybe a good old pot pie! You never know, you might find Mickey and Pooh during a character breakfast.

As promised, the Country Bear Jamboree has been moved to a new home. Join Henry and the gang, who have relocated to California, performing the same old 15 minute act that made them famous!

Now we reach the main attraction of Mineral King...

Untitled_Artwork 2.png

The thought process was what if the Matterhorn Bobsleds became one extra long mobius loop coaster, but themed after a California mountain instead of the mighty matterhorn. But just like the original coaster in Disneyland the legend of a great Abominal Snowman is not dead... As we climb the fictitious Wells Mountain, nicknamed Snow Mountain, we hop aboard a bobsled and make our way through hills and valleys and end with a splash down at the end.

On the Fantasyland side of Mineral King, we find the Hungry Bear Restaurant and the Olympic Theater, currently playing a show about Humphrey the Bear and Mickey Mouse in the style of Mickey and the Magical Map called Humphrey and the Fantastic Forrest.

IMG_0532.JPG

That's all for Mineral King, next we have the final land, my idealized Adventureland!

The Rocketeer

Original Poster
Adventureland

Here we have a land that doesn't really need to change a whole lot, most of it is great honestly. I didn't change Jungle Cruise or Skipper Canteen at all. The biggest change to the existing Adventureland is the removal of Aladdin's Magic Carpets. I don't like it, I think it's pretty redundant and could be relocated to Hollywood Studios easily or just remove it. I put some more lava rock benches there to enjoy your dole whip. The next thing I did was rename the Tiki Room back to Tropical Serenade. It is returned to the full length of the original show from 1971. I just wanted it to have its own identity compared to Disneyland's. I would also let people bring in their dole whips to the show.

Going into Caribbean Plaza most of the changes I'd make to Pirates of the Caribbean would be relatively minimal. First the barker bird, Peg Leg Pete, returns to the attraction. I would also remove all references to Jack Sparrow. While the film series are beloved, I think the attraction is better without the new storyline, and Disney has been removing references to the series in recent years which makes me wonder if they ever would remove Jack from the attraction. I certainly don't mind it in its current form, but I like it more if its own thing separate from the movies. Across from Pirates Tortuga Tavern becomes Redd's Tavern named after the famous redhead.

Now for the main edition to Adventureland, College street, which is themed after a turn of the century collegiate Victorian town. Here we the S.E.A. Adventurers Club an immersive restaurant and dinner show, a sequel to the original Adventurers Club from Pleasure Island. Across the way is Revenwood's, a TS restaurant inspired by Abner Ravenwood from the Indiana Jones film series, next-door is a retail space, and finally we have our main E-ticket attraction

Untitled_Artwork 9.jpg

Hop aboard a jeep with Indy and go through an ancient elaborate tunnel system, constantly under the pressure of an entire ocean of water that could break it at anytime, can we make it? Wait, why are there electric eels?!

Untitled_Artwork 3.png

Finally for editions to Adventureland, there is a Pirates of the Caribbean themed tunnel added on the railroad tracks.

And that's it folks, that's my ideal Magic Kingdom, thank you for joining me along for the ride! I'm proud of this park and I wish it were real! I never thought I would finish a park after trying many, many times, but I finally did it this time (it helped that I had nothing to do on the plane rides to California). I can't wait for the next one so stay tuned!

IMG_0539.jpg

The Rocketeer

Original Poster
I promise @Muppetsfan#1 It purely is a coincidence. It is pretty crazy. I just like Horizons and wanted it in Tomorrowland next to Carousel of Progress since it was kind of like a spiritual successor and it always has bugged me that there hasnt been anything in the old Galaxy Palace Theater space since it got demolished. I made a show building before I decided what it would be and it was the last idea I had for Tomorrowland. I swear I didn't even see your map, I'm not super active here on the imagineer forums as I'm pretty busy, but I just looked at it and it looks awesome. Had I been inspired by your idea I would have credited you, and I still can if you'd like me to. I'd never steal anyone's idea without giving proper credit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom