Magic Kingdom 7/6/12 Tips!

disneyparks

Original Poster
I will be staying at the Homewood Suites near Disney. I want to be there at opening at the front of the rope drop. My parents are dropping me off. What time do I need to get there? MK opens at 9. I am assuming that day will be packed due to the 4th of July week. I want to head to Space first. About how many times can I get on Space at opening with hardly a wait? Then should I do Dumbo & Peter Pan? Even on a packed day will the lines be short within the first couple hours? Also I plan on not seeing the parades -the one at 3 & 9 & skipping the fireworks at 10. I'm focusing on the rides. On packed days do all fast passes run out by Noon? & What other rides should I do after Space, Dumbo & Peter Pan-then Big Thunder? I'll be a single rider so I'm glad I don't have to worry about Splash's line. Do the lines get much shorter during the parades/fireworks? & How is Splash's line at night on packed days between 8-10?

fraser182

Fantasmic Premium Member
I guess it all depends on how close to the front you want to be.
When I go in the summer we always queue for 30 minutes before park opening.
Remember the people that stay in the Disney hotels will already be in before you. Im sure if you head straight to Space (walking efficiently) you will be able to ride it once or twice with a wait of less than 30 mins.

It depends what you want to ride; Peter Pan is ALWAYS very popular but remember you will be able to Fast Pass.
If you are up early, and in for main public opening, that is your best chance of getting round the park.

Fast Passes on different rides will vary on popularity. Have an idea of what rides you want to do and be smart with fast passes.

We usually head to Big Thunder and Splash after Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear.
When we see the fast pass time start proper moving (i.e. if the time is currently 10am and fast pass for a ride is 12:30, and the queue is big...we will past pass)
If you have the WDWMagic queue times app, you can check Space Mountain when..next to Splash Mountain.

I know queue times for me didn't vary too much during parades etc.
Im afraid I cant comment on much else.

tsaintc

With the exception of SpaceM and PPF, you will have very few line issue until around 11am. We have be going in July for the last 5 years and every year it is much of the same. Get there early (rope drop) and have a plan.

As for fast passes running out, I have seen SpaceM and Big Thunder run out mid afternoon on many occasions. All of the parks slow down a little after dinner. During nighttime shows, the lines are very manageable.

Unfortunately, July 6th has Evening Extra magic hours until 2am. All of those people that avoided MK earlier in the week due to the holiday will try to make up for lost time, especially if they are only there for that week.

Any chance you can go on the 5th instead? MK is rather slow the day after the 4th.

disneyparks

Original Poster
Hm. You really recommend going on the 5th instead the lines won't be long & won't be as crowded? I can go on the 5th. The 5th I was planning to do the Disney Studios & Friday the 6th the Magic Kingdom. & It would be better to do the studios on Friday? Also I am worried about the water fountains. I don't like the taste of the water & the water would be very warm. I know I need to drink lots of water since it will be in the mid 90's. Can I take a frozen bottled water in my pack? & Should I worry about scattered t storms? So far Fri the 6th is the only day that has scattered t storms. & Doesn't Splash have a single rider line? I know the one at Disneyland does.

flowerpicker713

Don't bother with the water bottle. The quick lunch lines will give you free ice water. If you bring a few drink mix packets (Crystal Light or similar), you'll never even taste it. Plus, its free! When you go to Space, grab a fastpass before your first go. It'll let you come back. Ride it once, then go grab fastpasses for all your other rides, then try the lines. Its better to know you'll get on it than it is to get stuck on a line for Big Splash and do nothing else. Plus, Big Splash in the morning is a bad idea. Being soaking wet when its still cool = no fun. Being soaking wet at 1, when its hot = super fun. As far as storms, "If you don't like the weather in Florida, wait ten minutes. It'll change." Seriously though, pick that time for good indoor rides. AC'd shows and rides make for a nice break while you wait out the storm. Try doing the Tomorrowland stuff during t-storms, most of that is indoors and is just a quick run. Oh, and don't skip the Electromagic parade! Its so lovely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom