Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazydisneyfanluke

A new ride in each park would be amazing but I think it's super doubtful. I hope someone in charge realizes they need to do something and try and do some DL60th style plussing for classic rides. For example:
-spruced up scenes in the Peoplemover
-Updated finale for Carosel of Progress
-new Jungle Cruise/Philharmagic scenes
-Updated Figment animatronics, animation upgrade
-Upgraded Nemo ride
-Wonders Of Life turned into museum
-Fantasmic updated to include mix of new and old movies
-New scenes for Star Tours
-Replacement of Footlight Parade with something that works in Great Movie Ride
-HD upgrade for Bugs Life
-Effects fix for Kali

I'm trying to think of a Hatbox Ghost-esque add, but the only things I can think of are Wildnerness Expedition (way too expensive) and maybe returning Dreamfinder to Imagination.
What ill be happy with (wont happen) dark rides upgraded to the quality of TDL or DL (think pooh, peter, alice).
New/upgraded nightime entertainment.
Tomorrowland upgrade
Future world upgrade
DHS complete
AK complete
DS complete
Upgraded toll booths
Transportation enhancements to become more reliable and efficent.

Bocabear

I would love to see The Jungle Cruise made so awesome it no longer has to rely on wisecracks to be an E ticket attraction...
And I would love to see them actually expand our Pirates to include some new technology and be more like the Paris or new Shanghai versions...actually expand that whole area of Adventureland... add a docked pirate ship, more of a pirate village...more like they are doing with Shanghai...A Pirates theme restaurant would be amazing...especially if it is designed like the Blue Lagoon in Disneyland... but a Pirate's Lair kind of theme...and the number one thing I would do is to build an all new expanded length 21st century Peter Pan's Flight ride where the circus tents are...Surround it with a new Neverland setting and then you can add the Pixie Hollow meet and greets...but it would flesh out the back of Fantasyland with something gorgeous .. then the Peter Pan space is available for re development ( Maybe Pinocchio since the Village Haus is right there)...well as long as we are dreaming...Tomorrowland could use a lot of work too! Return the mid century retro modern look..New effects for Space Mountain, Redevelop the speedway, send Stitch packing and move Monsters Inc to DHS where it belongs....I could go on....lol

brb1006

For WDW's 25 Anniversary they did the Castle Cake and a lot of different events and merchandise etc...I was not a fan of the castle cake, but it seemed like they were willing to do something incredible to celebrate the milestone... I remember Disneyland's 30th Anniversary...new shows and parades and a gigantic kinetic machine at the rutnstiles that gave away gifts to every 30th person or something like that... WDW anniversaries are never really celebrated the same way...Such a shame...
disneyland30years-1985-500x412.jpg
And the last daytime anniversary parade for WDW was the "Celebrate The Magic" parade made for the 25th.

RobbinsDad

Along with these kind of commercials Disney did for special events or anniversaries such as this commercial for the Millennial celebration. I miss when WDW did these type of commercials since they really made me want to visit the resort instead of modern ones.

Hahaha, yeah like the one where the family walks into the hotel and starts asking for fastpasses and dinner reservations. The real answer should be, "what have you been doing for the last 6 months?"

brb1006

Now the commercials are all about the hotels. The mighty sure have fallen.
And I believe the last time Walt Disney World did a commercial like this was during the 100 Years Of Magic era in the early 2000's. This is the one I remember the most.

brb1006

Hahaha, yeah like the one where the family walks into the hotel and starts asking for fastpasses and dinner reservations. The real answer should be, "what have you been doing for the last 6 months?"
In my opinion, I find modern Walt Disney World commercials to lack some spirit or heart that I remember seeing in the late 90's until 2005 during the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland.

Mike S

What ill be happy with (wont happen) dark rides upgraded to the quality of TDL or DL (think pooh, peter, alice).
New/upgraded nightime entertainment.
Tomorrowland upgrade
Future world upgrade
DHS complete
AK complete

DS complete
Upgraded toll booths
Transportation enhancements to become more reliable and efficent.
"Disneyland will never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world."

Are you saying you want Disney to have no imagination? ;)

jt04

I would love to see The Jungle Cruise made so awesome it no longer has to rely on wisecracks to be an E ticket attraction...
And I would love to see them actually expand our Pirates to include some new technology and be more like the Paris or new Shanghai versions...actually expand that whole area of Adventureland... add a docked pirate ship, more of a pirate village...more like they are doing with Shanghai...A Pirates theme restaurant would be amazing...especially if it is designed like the Blue Lagoon in Disneyland... but a Pirate's Lair kind of theme...and the number one thing I would do is to build an all new expanded length 21st century Peter Pan's Flight ride where the circus tents are...Surround it with a new Neverland setting and then you can add the Pixie Hollow meet and greets...but it would flesh out the back of Fantasyland with something gorgeous .. then the Peter Pan space is available for re development ( Maybe Pinocchio since the Village Haus is right there)...well as long as we are dreaming...Tomorrowland could use a lot of work too! Return the mid century retro modern look..New effects for Space Mountain, Redevelop the speedway, send Stitch packing and move Monsters Inc to DHS where it belongs....I could go on....lol

Losing PH was a big loss and set the MK back a couple decades IMO. Dumbo Circus should be between CoP and MSUSA. State of the art PPF should be where you say. Good ideas for Pirates and Adventureland. An Indiana Jones E-Ticket would "complete" that corner of the park.

squidward

Tomorrowland needs some touch up work to the buildings, a CoP freshening up, and a great replacement attraction for Stitch. Frontierland needs to take a cue from Universal in terms of it's stores. A pin store and candy store? Come on. That's the BEST they can do? The overall feel of Frontierland is great, but no doubt, a couple more attractions never hurts. I wouldn't mess with the overall look.

Cesar R M

Meanwhile we have Shanghai's Pirates that's wowing everyone just from Instagram videos. Disney only has no imagination in the U.S. unless there's someone big involved with a project (Lasseter, Cameron, BoD, etc.)
Pretty sure there is plenty.. but the executives will always say "it costs money? then forget it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom