Magic Happens

epcot71

Original Poster
has anyone seen these awsome commercials-ive seen 2 and im really impressed with disney new marketing move-i cant say how impressed with new commerials i am.great job to whoever came up with this marketing move:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

epcot71

Original Poster
ive seen 2-one on abc family and one in the disney store tv-
they are about 4 minutes long-kinda long for a commercial.the whole commercial has no disney references into the last scene-then screen goes black and says magic happens-then says only
DISNEY.first one has a father packing for a bus. trip and his son asks him if he ever lonley on his trips-his dad says no then it takes him to his meeting in japan with him in meetings and dinner and finally in the hotel room-as he is unpacking and tired he unpacks a whinnie the pooh doll that his son put in there so he wont be lonley-and he smiles then goes to -magic happens and then says disney-aswome!!!!!!-
second one a young yuppy couple are in a nice restaraunt and the woman is waiting for the guy to pop the question about marrying him.he hands her a box(which is a shoe box) and she gets mad thinking its a ring and she got a stinking pair of shoes-she refuses to open it and he begs her to open it-she agrees and still mad hoping it was a ring-she finally opens it and it is cinderellas glass sliper-he gets on his knees in the middle of this place and asks to marry him-then black screen-magic happens-and then DISNEY-

Coronado

in bed she says: "please talk to me like you did when we were newly weds"....He finaly gives in and says "I wove you" (in a Donald Duck voice..... The same people who do the Publix store commercials......VERY!!! good...commercials...

epcot71

Original Poster
the kewl thing about them is that they are not advertising anything at all-not theme parks,movies,cruise line,merchandise-just the basic magic of disney as a whole-

ToTBellHop

they are EXTREMELY well-done...just a way to remind people of when they were younger...like all the jerky kids at school who say they hate disney when you KNOW they knew the words to every song in Aladdin and the Lion King (and probably still do)!

Goofster

lol, really!

Yeah these commercials are great!

And you can't forget the one with the girl playing scrabble and spelling supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!!!

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Goofster
lol, really!

Yeah these commercials are great!

And you can't forget the one with the girl playing scrabble and spelling supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!!!

Well you have to play by the little girls rules...These commercials are great since they aren't advertising anything specific. It is just Magical Disney.

The_CEO

Has anyone seen the comercial where it shows " Walt" as a little kid sleeping and his parents walk in.. His room is messy with trains and drawings of mickeyon a napkin piece of paper ..... Then in the background it has some cinderella music.when your dreams come true i think thats what its called.. anyways its a lady singing. then the screen goes black and it says Magic Happens.. then at the bottom it says. Walt Disney Anyone know what im talking about???
It gave me shivers down my spine that was sooo cool....
~ Justin...

2much2do

I also like the one where the family is at the table celebrating the grandfather B-day and everyone is giving hi gifts except the little boy (maybe 5) and he disappears into his room. He looks under the covers and all over his room till he finds a ratty old copy of the book Peter Pan. He wraps it up in some of the ripped wrapping paper from the other gifts and goes to give it to his grandfather. When the grndfather opens it he says "Oh, but this is your favorite book, I can't take it!" and then the little boy says "Well, I want to read it to you". So he sits on his grandfathers lap and starts to "read" (it's a page with no words, just pictures) and he goes "once upon a time there was a magical place called Neverland where people never have to grow old.....". Oh my gosh! I was bawling my eyes out at the Disney Store when I saw that one!!!!!!

2much2do

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
Has anyone seen the comercial where it shows " Walt" as a little kid sleeping and his parents walk in.. His room is messy with trains and drawings of mickeyon a napkin piece of paper ..... Then in the background it has some cinderella music.when your dreams come true i think thats what its called.. anyways its a lady singing. then the screen goes black and it says Magic Happens.. then at the bottom it says. Walt Disney Anyone know what im talking about???
It gave me shivers down my spine that was sooo cool....
~ Justin...

The part that really gets to me about that one is that Walt is alseep and the parents are commenting to themselves "Boy, he sure does have a big imagination", and you figure it's just some kid who loves Disney. But then as they leave his room they say "Good night Walt"! I get shivers too!

tinkrbel

Originally posted by 2much2do

The part that really gets to me about that one is that Walt is alseep and the parents are commenting to themselves "Boy, he sure does have a big imagination", and you figure it's just some kid who loves Disney. But then as they leave his room they say "Good night Walt"! I get shivers too!

they all have brought tears to my eyes .. but like you I get shivers and a really nice feeling .. the first one I ever saw was the one with the husband talking like donald duck and it melted me .. I loved the little boy and the grandfather one too ...oh heck I love them all !! Yeah ..its disney magic .. and it doesnt mention parks or movies but it does make you think about all of it.

epcot71

Original Poster
Originally posted by 2much2do

i know what you mean 100%-when julie andrews said 100 years ago there was a BOY named walt who started it all at the 100 year parade at wdw-i looked ay my son and i got shivers.if u think about it he was born to lower class parents who were poor and this boy brought laughter and hope to trillions of people around the world-it makes you think what your own child is capable of doing.

Disney Maniac

I've seen the Supercal one and the Donald Duck one, and they were spectacular! I was so amazed! I still flip through the channels during Prime Time trying to find them again. Disney really lived it up with them this time.

As for the others...nope, uh-uh, sorry, never seen 'em. Nevertheless! Anyone know of a site where I can download them? I doubt Adcritic.com would have them...

Thanks!

Nut4Disney

I like the little boy who packs the winnie the pooh doll, and also the one where the family is gettting ready to go to bed and they are leaving for disney the next day, and they are all too "excited to sleep". I also love the one for disney cruise lines, when the mother is in the elevator with her little girl and a new born and the little girl is talking about their trip from the year before, and how her little brother is what mommy calls their "little souvenier".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom