Magic Bands when reservation is cancelled?

startraveler

Original Poster
Apologize if this has been addressed. We have weekend reservations and have ordered magic bands. We planned to stay at a family place for a week ahead of our onsite weekend. So the onsite visit is just for fun. We have linked annual pass vouchers to our account so can't order magic bands until we activate them. We'll be making FP reservations at 60 and 30 days. Everything is cool.
We have now been thinking that what if we cancel our reservations and continue at the family place to save some money. Does that magic band number associated with our initial reservations still stay with our annual passes or is it completely dependent on the hotel reservation and becomes invalid if we cancel?
Probably won't do this. Especially if when AP discounts come out we can apply them to our reservation.

Tom

Beta Return
Magic Bands are always "active" unless you de-activate them in your My Disney Experience profile. They are always linked to your MDE account.

What you're asking is if you'll get to keep the 60-day Fastpasses you book using your on-site privileges, and I believe the answer is no. If you cancel an on-site reservation, and FP's were booked at 60-days because of that reservation, I believe you will lose those FPs....but the ones booked solely because of your AP will remain in tact, since they have no bearing on a resort stay.

startraveler

Original Poster
Thanks. I really don't care about losing the 60 day fastpasses. Since I have a disability most of the things I do really don't need a fast pass, just seemed like a way to plan.
Just wanted to know if the magic band I was sent was linked to the reservation or my AP. Question really was: Will the band work as a ticket to get in etc. after I activate my AP on my first day if I no longer have the reservation or will I have to use the ticket? Will I have to buy a band? They are a good fit for my physical needs.
Sounds like what you are saying is that, the magic band is linked to me once it is in the system. Did I get that right?
Thanks again.

Rob562

Unless they change the system, if Bands are actually issued to you via a resort reservation they will stay active to you despite the reservation being cancelled. I have friends who had a room-only reservation that had to cancel and the Bands remained active on their MDE profiles.

That was back during the time when FP+ was in testing for resort Guests only, and they lost access to the FP+ system within a day or two of cancelling the reservation, much like the 60-day window would be lost now when cancelling. But the Bands themselves remain active and useable.

If you cancel the reservation before the ship date, then the Band order is also cancelled.

-Rob

cw1982

All bands that are tied to your MDE account will work for any tickets, fastpasses, hotel reservations, or anything else on your account. Rob is correct that if you cancel your reservation before the bands ship that the order for the bands will be canceled as well, but once you have them they are linked to your account forever. You can deactivate them, but they can't be linked to anyone else's account.

startraveler

Original Poster
Cool. Just been thinking if we cancel on site at the last minute to use the money for something else fun what effect would that have. Looks like we'll be fine. thanks for the replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom