Magic bands & kids

bduncan

Original Poster
I have a very small 5 yr old. Will the magic bands fit her? Are they sized? Also if we get separated can a cm scan her band & get our info?

Rob562

I have a very small 5 yr old. Will the magic bands fit her? Are they sized? Also if we get separated can a cm scan her band & get our info?

The outer black section of the Band can be pulled off leaving only the colored section for smaller wrists.

And no, there is nothing currently set up where CM's can get info by scanning a child's Band.

-Rob

sjhym333

Actually I was told by Disney that one of the great things about the MagicBands is that Disney can scan the band and get info if a child gets lost and they can then contact the parent about where their child is. I little know fact I was told.

CaptainShortty

Actually I was told by Disney that one of the great things about the MagicBands is that Disney can scan the band and get info if a child gets lost and they can then contact the parent about where their child is. I little know fact I was told.

This is true but only a select Number of cast members have access to the information. To my knowledge only guest relations and front desk cast members can retain the information due to the different MM+ systems. In addition, it will pull up the information from your resort reservation which is how it is great with reuniting parents and children that have been seperated. The band can be scanned to reach the phone number provided when you checked in.

Rob562

This is the first instance I've read of people hearing it directly from Disney. Until now it was just one of those "armchair Imagineering" things that was guessed at by people thinking about the possibilities of the Bands and MM+ system.

(And it also makes sense that they'd limit access to only a certain level of CMs)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom