Magic Bands - extra strap

KrzyKtty

This will be my first time going to WDW since the introduction of the magic bands. I am going to have two children with me (one 4yr old). Has anyone used those bitbelt like things? The 3rd party straps for the magic bands? Has anyone found that the magic bands are prone to falling off on children? Just curious if I should shell out the money for the extra security or if they are not necessary really.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I am thinking of getting a magickeeper for the 4 year old. She hates wearing things long term. Has anyone else had a child that would not wear the magic band? What were your solutions?

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

I've never had any problems with the magic band being close to falling off, they are secure. If you are afraid the kids going to lose theirs wear it for her or secure it to a purse strap or something where it will be safe. Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Thanks. I have a hard enough time getting her to have her hair pulled up, let alone wear a bracelet. I Live in SC with 100+ degree heat on a regular basis in the summer, and the little elf never wants her hair up!! :O

I think I will look into the magickeeper as well.

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Thanks. I have a hard enough time getting her to have her hair pulled up, let alone wear a bracelet. I Live in SC with 100+ degree heat on a regular basis in the summer, and the little elf never wants her hair up!! :O

I think I will look into the magickeeper as well.
My little is the same way. Hair super long but hates wearing it up. I also think that since the new magic bands are more bulky, I will have an even harder time getting her to wear it. Plus, if you get the MagicKeeper and attach it to a lanyard she might get excited about being able to use it herself. Mine loved being able to unlock the door with her band, but the bracelet was much harder to maneuver into proper position, same with FP stalls and park entrances.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

The only time I have ever had an issue with them coming off is when I didn't peel off all the excess band when I tried just wrapping it underneath that's when I had problems when I peeled of the extra we have had no issues with them coming undone.

Upvote 0

Jess G

I HAVE HAD AN ISSUE! I don't know when or where mine came off but you bet I knew at my next fast pass! It isn't a fun experience having to pause the day to go to customer relations. My brother lost his magic band on test track once as well.

I do suggest the extra strap.... before purchasing my dooney and burke magic band that comes with one I used to use one of those very small hair rubber bands that come in packs of 1000 for a couple dollars. Very cheap, very easy fix

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

Never had an issue with the kids losing magic bands but, on our 15' trip my DD21 lost hers & they just issued a new one to her at our resort. Same daughter almost lost hers last week when struggling with her 1yr old while she was having a fit. So, I guess with our experience it's better to be safe than sorry.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

My little is the same way. Hair super long but hates wearing it up. I also think that since the new magic bands are more bulky, I will have an even harder time getting her to wear it. Plus, if you get the MagicKeeper and attach it to a lanyard she might get excited about being able to use it herself. Mine loved being able to unlock the door with her band, but the bracelet was much harder to maneuver into proper position, same with FP stalls and park entrances.
Sorry but the new bands aren't the bulky ones, the old ones are. The new ones are considerably lighter too, on our trip in January bc we did a split stay we got 2 sets of bands, it was during the switch over from old to new ones and we got one set of each. I wore my old one the first day and after that the other 5 days I wore my newer style band bc it was lighter, less bulky etc.

You also have to make sure that you have every one of the slots secure and snapped in on those things or you will lose them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom