Magic Bands and DVC

CrystalPalace

Hi! new here... so I'm renting DVC points for my rooms (4 rooms 10 ppl)... I'll be purchasing my dining plan thru the DVC but I'll get my tickets separately. So where do the magic bands come into play? When will all the dining and tickets be merged onto each band? Can I use MyDisneyExperience doing it this way? Thanks!

JTT

The only catch with the dining plan and renting DVC points, is that the DVC owner must purchase for you the Dining Plan Option.

Once they purchase it for you, it should be linked to your magic band just like your reservation. .

Upvote 0

lostpro9het

So where do the magic bands come into play?
Once you link the DVC room reservation to your MDE account you will be able to choose the MB colors before them shipping.
When will all the dining and tickets be merged onto each band?
As mentioned above, the person you are renting from will have to add the dining plan for you and it will come over when you link the reservation number to your MDE account. You can add the tickets to your MDE account at anytime but I would recommend waiting until your room reservation info is linked as it will make things easier on you when it comes time to linking the ticket to the guest since the guest info will come over in the room reservation.

Upvote 0

Rob562

To add to the above info, I'd suggest you set up all of the profiles in MDE *first* before anything is linked.

I highly suggest that every adult on the trip go into My Disney Experience and create their own account. If there are children, one parent should add them as "managed by them" profiles. Then everyone else can link to each other. The easiest way to do that is to have *you* become friends with everyone, and then everyone friend-request everyone else using the "people you may know" feature. If you can all sit down at the same time as a group and do it, it shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes. (Otherwise it'll drag out as some people do things immediately, others have to keep getting reminded)

Having this solid base of profiles set up beforehand will help make the later steps of linking hotel and tickets, and then eventually FP+, much, much easier with such a large group.

-Rob

Upvote 0

CrystalPalace

Original Poster
The only catch with the dining plan and renting DVC points, is that the DVC owner must purchase for you the Dining Plan Option.

Once they purchase it for you, it should be linked to your magic band just like your reservation. .
thank you! good to know

Upvote 0

CrystalPalace

Original Poster
awesome, thanks everyone! We live in 3 different states so sitting down together is not an option. lol. But they're all pretty on top of it, so I think we'll be ok. Thanks so much for helping me sort that out!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom