Magic Band Question??

I know...it seems I have threads all over these forums haha. This one is about magic bands. When will they ship out to you? After you make the reservation or after the trip is paid off? I'm booking on Tuesday (narrowing down our resort choices) and this has been the question my DH has been asking. I think he's more into the Magic Bands than helping me plan the trip. :) I chatted online with a reservation agent ( I think that who she was) last night and she mentioned we could even began customizing the bands as soon as we book, but I was just confused to when they actually ship to us. Any help would be wonderful!

cw1982

When you go to customize them in MDE, it tells you how long you have to customize your bands. Once we got to that date, ours shipped a day or two after that. This was true for a friend of mine. His trip started the day before ours and his bands shipped the day before ours did. They arrived quickly too... we had them just a few days after that.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I just hit my 45 day mark this past Wednesday. I had the trip paid off before that, but on day 45 Disney sent me an email asking me if I was ready to confirm my magic band color/name selections. I followed the link in the email, and confirmed my address and that I was done designing them. I'm not sure, but I wonder if that means they'll ship them out sooner?

Upvote 0

cw1982

I just hit my 45 day mark this past Wednesday. I had the trip paid off before that, but on day 45 Disney sent me an email asking me if I was ready to confirm my magic band color/name selections. I followed the link in the email, and confirmed my address and that I was done designing them. I'm not sure, but I wonder if that means they'll ship them out sooner?

They won't close your window for customization until the deadline they gave you... that way you can change your mind on colors and what the back of the band says up until that date.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

They won't close your window for customization until the deadline they gave you... that way you can change your mind on colors and what the back of the band says up until that date.

Ahhh!! You're right! I went back on to see if they had "closed mine out," and it says I still have a few days to customize. So, even though I confirmed my address and said I was done, they didn't close it yet.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Ahhh!! You're right! I went back on to see if they had "closed mine out," and it says I still have a few days to customize. So, even though I confirmed my address and said I was done, they didn't close it yet.

Right. It drove me crazy because I was ready to get them lol... but I can see why they want to be sure people have time to change their minds since they are customized. After that date they arrived in less than a week though so pretty good turnaround.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

If you customize them more than 30 days out, they should ship at approx 30 days like Yoda indicated. If you don't customize them until after that, but still before 10 days out, they will be waiting for you at the hotel. If you don't do them by 10 days out, you will have plain grey ones waiting at the hotel.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom