Magic Band Customization

Doug Means

Original Poster
I looked around and could find a thread, so sorry if this has been talked about...

Beyond what you can do on MDE, where can i find magic bandits or what exactly can i do to the bands on my very own...im wondering what neat things some people have done?

thanks for your input

EmmieSue

A lot of people purchase temporary tattoos and put those on. If you google it you should get instructions for it. We bought some temporary tattoo paper from walmart so we can print out basically anything we want to put on ours. You just use clear nail polish over it to keep it from rubbing off and it gives it a nice shiny look.

Edit: As the above poster stated, Pinterest has a lot of ideas too. Etsy is a good site to check as well and you can actually purchase stuff from there.

LaughingGravy

Someone did a thing where you take a small elastic hair band and secure a watch with watch band pins (sans band) to it. Very simple, but also very functional.

Thanks to DSMDGA

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/adding-watch-to-magic-bands.890680/

IMGP1390.jpg

Daniel Johnson

There is a lady on instagram I follow that makes decals for them. I don't know if I'm Really allowed to post their handle here though...

samosaurus

A lot of people purchase temporary tattoos and put those on. If you google it you should get instructions for it. We bought some temporary tattoo paper from walmart so we can print out basically anything we want to put on ours. You just use clear nail polish over it to keep it from rubbing off and it gives it a nice shiny look.
That's what we did, too. Here's some pictures of how they turned out:
Lisa's Magic Band 2.jpg
Madeline's Magic Band 2.jpg
Sam's Magic Band 2.jpg
Scott's Magic Band.jpg
IMG_9919.jpg

Besides temporary tattoos, which work wonders by the way, you can also use nail art decals. I've ordered some Disney themed from Etsy, and bought some at the dollar store. I've also used the small stick on gems from the dollar store. Last year we had a split trip due to a cruise in the middle, and had lots of bands, so ordered orange for everyone on one of them, and did it up for the Halloween party with ghosts and such.

One thing, when you get the clear nail polish don't use Sally Hansen Hard as Nails. It does dry very hard and will crack when the bands are bent just a few times.

ninjaprincesst

Just a couple of tips learned the hard way, first apparently some peoples skin (like my weird skin) does not like all that nail polish that close to it, I don't understand why painting my nails ahs never bothered me yet painting my band where the polish did not even touch my skin left an awful rash, but it did. Second lesson learned while magic bands are waterproof and ok to wear in the pool, nail polish and chlorine do not mix soon after swimming mine and my daughters bands started chip and peel, while other family members who didn't swim were fine.

rufio

I know some people really liked the nail polish/temporary tattoo approach, but I just want to warn you that it didn't work out for me! My band was cracked and looked terrible within the first day! Maybe I just used the wrong brand?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I painted my magic band using nail polish, it worked great. Here is how it turned out: https://instagram.com/p/vEJ51ASaHO/. Cast members I spoke with said that after seeing my magic band they were going to paint theirs too, they had no idea nail polish would work. I'm already thinking about what to paint on our new ones for our trip this November.

My daughter would so love that band - perfect company for her new Belle band. Your band is amazing.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I just give Disney the money for a pack of magic bandits or sliders....I'm not very artistic - I can't draw a straight line with a ruler - so I have to pay someone else to get my customization.

Doug Means

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your input, and if there are still some great ideas out there let me know...80 days away from my trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom