Magic Band and AP delivery query

Courtman

Original Poster
Hi all,

Spent ages trawling the forums on this and haven't really found a definitive answer to my question - so I'm probably looking in the wrong place knowing me!!

We are flying out to Florida on 23rd April, and I'm about to order our annual passes. I normally do this wi will-call and then just get them from DTD on our first day. This time though I'd like to get the magic bands but see they can't be shipped to the UK. That's ok, I have a US address...

...but, it says I have to order them thru the MyDisney app where I have to link my AP ticket. I can't see how I can do that before I actually get said APs in my grubby little hands. So does that mean I can't get magic bands because I've read somewhere else (I forget where now I've looked at so many pages) that you can't collect the magic bands in the World as an AP holder?

I'd love to get bands, firstly and of course mainly because my 3-y-o will go nutty at the thought of wearing a pink armband endorsed personally by Tinkerbelle and Mickey but also the wife and I would find them quite useful too!!! Any advice gratefully received, ta in advance...

dreamfinder

When you order them you should receive a voucher. The voucher should have a code on it you can use to attach the passes to your MDE accounts. At that point you should be able to get the bands ordered. However, seeing as you are within 30 days of your trip, there is a chance they won't make it to your US address before you need them.

Courtman

Original Poster
Oh, that sounds promising - slightly. I'll order them in a few minutes and see what happens. I assume that the AP won't become active until first use, be a shame to waste 3 weeks of it (not that it'll matter given the timings of our trips).

Courtman

Original Poster
When you order them you should receive a voucher. The voucher should have a code on it you can use to attach the passes to your MDE accounts. At that point you should be able to get the bands ordered. However, seeing as you are within 30 days of your trip, there is a chance they won't make it to your US address before you need them.

Well, partial success. After the first WDW website wouldn't even allow me to buy an AP (I've done it before though) because my credit card was in the UK but when I logged in through the MyDisney bit it all went through and has even successfully linked them to the people in my family. Result. What isn't so good is that nowhere is it giving me an option to order the MagicBands, when I click on "MagicBands and Cards" all it does is ask me to link a resort reservation. I need to ponder this some more, because the website says 10 days for delivery and even if they come after we arrive it's no biggie, we'd just like to have them - free stuff is always good!

Tom

Beta Return
Are you staying at a Disney resort hotel? If so, you should have linked that reservation number to your MDE account. Once you do that, and link the AP, you should be granted MB privileges.

Regardless, as long as you've linked your APs, you can start making FP+ reservations for your April 23 stay, since it's fewer than 30 days away.

Courtman

Original Poster
Are you staying at a Disney resort hotel? If so, you should have linked that reservation number to your MDE account. Once you do that, and link the AP, you should be granted MB privileges.

Regardless, as long as you've linked your APs, you can start making FP+ reservations for your April 23 stay, since it's fewer than 30 days away.

No, I'm staying off-site in Kissimmee, at a friends villa - hence why we have the US address. I'm happily making reservations at the moment - just can't seem to apply for MagicBands, I've even managed to get the villa address as our delivery address in the system and it still isn't letting me!

SteveW

You might try calling Disney to see what can done. Hopefully there is an international number you can call without too much expense. If all else fails you can now buy a pink Magic Band when you get there.

Courtman

Original Poster
You might try calling Disney to see what can done. Hopefully there is an international number you can call without too much expense. If all else fails you can now buy a pink Magic Band when you get there.

Thanks SteveW, appreciate you can buy them but when they are free to AP holders seems a bit irksome to have to pay for them. I emailed them last night (there never seemed to be anyone on the chat function). I got a response this evening, and it wasn't quite what I was expecting...

Annual Passholders have the option of ordering MagicBands® for use at the Walt Disney World® Resort after their Annual Passes have been first used through the Main Entrance of a Theme Park. It is necessary that your Annual Passes already be activated and have a set expiration date, as a Discount Card is included with your MagicBand Order that displays your expiration date.

For your first visit to the Walt Disney World® Resort, you may choose to either purchase MagicBands® upon arrival to the Theme Parks, or you may use your RF-enabled Annual Passes to unlock all of the features of MyMagic+!

So I can't get a MagicBand until I've used my AP for the first time...and if it takes 10 days after first use we'll get the MagicBands halfway through our holiday AT BEST...! I find it slightly bonkers that we can't go in and hand over a voucher somewhere to get the MagicBands in the resort. I'd happily drive anywhere on the resort to get them when I pick up the APs on arrival, but seems I can't do that. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Rob562

Thanks SteveW, appreciate you can buy them but when they are free to AP holders seems a bit irksome to have to pay for them. I emailed them last night (there never seemed to be anyone on the chat function). I got a response this evening, and it wasn't quite what I was expecting...

So I can't get a MagicBand until I've used my AP for the first time...and if it takes 10 days after first use we'll get the MagicBands halfway through our holiday AT BEST...! I find it slightly bonkers that we can't go in and hand over a voucher somewhere to get the MagicBands in the resort. I'd happily drive anywhere on the resort to get them when I pick up the APs on arrival, but seems I can't do that. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

FYI, the Bands are personalized with a name and shipped from a facility that isn't anywhere near WDW property.

-Rob

Courtman

Original Poster
FYI, the Bands are personalized with a name and shipped from a facility that isn't anywhere near WDW property.

-Rob

Ah thanks Rob - that explains why you can't pick them up then - although I'd happily pick up unpersonalised ones in the park. I'll just see when they turn up, it'll be fine whenever but Sod's law says it'll be on the penultimate day of the holiday!!! Still surprised at the fact that I can't pre-order them, I'd happily activate the cards now to get the bands earlier. Ho hum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom