Magic band activate?

Marianm

Do I have to go somewhere to get our magic bands "activated"? Or am I able to use my dining allotments right away? and go right into the parks?

MickeyMomV

The only time you should have to activate a MB is if you buy one at the park and need to add it to your My Disney Experience account. Otherwise as @DisneyJoe said they should be good to go once you check in.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

The only time you should have to activate a MB is if you buy one at the park and need to add it to your My Disney Experience account. Otherwise as @DisneyJoe said they should be good to go once you check in.
You're right of course, but I think the OP is confused. She seems to think that "activating" her MagicBand and "activating" her Dining Plan are the same thing. The MagicBand doesn't need to be activated, but the dining plan does (which, as you said, is done as part of the check-in process).

Upvote 0

Dave B

On our last trip we rope dropped at 8 am for MK and went straight to the park, got the text that our room was ready at 2, went to our hotel right to our room, we had eaten at noon using our dining plan, we never "Activated anything" we just showed up and went

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

On our last trip we rope dropped at 8 am for MK and went straight to the park, got the text that our room was ready at 2, went to our hotel right to our room, we had eaten at noon using our dining plan, we never "Activated anything" we just showed up and went
The fact that you "got the text" means that you had done online check in.

Upvote 0

disneyworlddad

A word of caution, last summer we went straight to a park, got the text that our room was ready (online check in) and our dining plan wasn't activated. This might not be a common issue because when we went to the front desk the tried twice to fix it. We were at POFQ and eating there so it wasn't a long walk to the front desk. Everyone was very helpful, they let us get our food even though the plan wasn't working and a manager fixed it before we were done eating.

Upvote 0

Marianm

Original Poster
A word of caution, last summer we went straight to a park, got the text that our room was ready (online check in) and our dining plan wasn't activated. This might not be a common issue because when we went to the front desk the tried twice to fix it. We were at POFQ and eating there so it wasn't a long walk to the front desk. Everyone was very helpful, they let us get our food even though the plan wasn't working and a manager fixed it before we were done eating.

This was what I was questioning. I did online check in. Wondering about my dining plan being "activated". Guess we'll find out.. headed there now

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

It's more common than you think - so much so that we highly recommend to our travel agency clients that they always check-in at the resort before heading to the parks if they have the dining plan.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

disneyworlddad

It's more common than you think - so much so that we highly recommend to our travel agency clients that they always check-in at the resort before heading to the parks if they have the dining plan.

Good luck!

We knew we wouldn't be dining in the park that day before we went to the resort so it wasn't a big deal but if you have a ADR to get to at a park before you go to the resort I could see how this would be a big problem.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom