Maelstrom Rehab.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I like Test Track:) But it's lines can be quite atrocious...I hope Mission: SPACE alleviates that problem...

I think you can bank on that...and I'm sure that's the purpose for putting it there...

But, I'm like you...HOPING!

leeocean

I always get dirty looks from the people waiting for the movie when my group and I go right past it - seen it already - jeesh!

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by leeocean
I always get dirty looks from the people waiting for the movie when my group and I go right past it - seen it already - jeesh!

Well...do you really think that those people have seen the film??? They think you're rude because you're not respecting the pavilion...but hey...it's YOUR vacation...DO WHAT YOU WANT!

(I skip it EVERY time too :) )

Jekyll

First time I went on the ride we sat there to watch the film but everyone kept walking by so we decided that maybe we didn't want to know about Norway.

-J

:zipit:

ToTBellHop

it seems like most people sprint right through that theatre after the ride...I have been lucky enough to NOT see that movie for like 10 years! Seeing that movie once was enough of Norway for me! I'd rather spend my five minutes looking at the ridiculously-priced trolls outside!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Seeing that movie once was enough of Norway for me!
Thats a shame because Norway is a lovely country and the people are pretty fine too. Shame that it takes a second mortgage to buy a beer though.

I can understand people dont want to see the movie but do they have to transit the theatre as if their bladder was about to explode, hurling women and children over their shoulders as they mow their way through.

TravisMT81

Originally posted by happy snapper
I can understand people dont want to see the movie but do they have to transit the theatre as if their bladder was about to explode, hurling women and children over their shoulders as they mow their way through.

ROTFLMAO!!! I actually enjoy all the films in the world showcase

the_snow_prince

You've got to see the movie. It's part of the experience. Although I have to admit, it's not one of Disney's most inetresting films. At least it's short and has seats.

ToTBellHop

oh...ya have to run before the doors close! But, I'm young and I have a good memory...no point in seeing the same film more than once...I just hate being herded into the theatre like an animal...they should offer the choice of seeing it like the Living Seas...

Timekeeper

Film

The film, on its merits, is a good one. My problem with the theater is the seats. They're uncomfortable. I suppose that one of my pet peeves is seats without a solid back. Not to mention that they're individually padded seats - without arm rests - which may or may not be a good thing. I, for one, appreciate allocated personal space. In other WDW attraction theaters, seats are sometimes "bench" or "bleecher" style, which may be better than the wood rods that annoy my back while watching the Norway film.

Maybe they could re-route the attraction so that the Norway film becomes the pre-show, ala Universe of Energy, Test Track, Living Seas and numerous other attractions. That would be my suggestion.

Tk

WDWFREAK53

I hate it when you just "miss" a show (not that I watch) but you then have to sit outside the doors and just wait and wait...They should have another exit to bypass the movie. Hey, and who knows...when attendance falls...and NOBODY stays for the movie, maybe they'll update it!

leeocean

Don't get me wrong, I liked the film the first few times. You never know, maybe WDWFREAK53 is right, maybe they will end up redoing it!

durhay

if it's the spirit of Norway you seek ... look to the seas

I love that film. Any refurbishment should involve adding a "secret" track between it and EL RIO DEL TIEMPO, so that every 40th boat travelling through Mexico suddenly gets sent backwards down a slope by trolls and menaced by a super-long torso-ed polar bear. Actually, I think most people think the polar bear looks fake because it's not holding a bottle of Coke (soda in other parts).

WDWFREAK53

Re: if it's the spirit of Norway you seek ... look to the seas

Originally posted by durhay
I love that film. Any refurbishment should involve adding a "secret" track between it and EL RIO DEL TIEMPO, so that every 40th boat travelling through Mexico suddenly gets sent backwards down a slope by trolls and menaced by a super-long torso-ed polar bear. Actually, I think most people think the polar bear looks fake because it's not holding a bottle of Coke (soda in other parts).

That poor polar bear is so ed off because someone switched his bottle of Coca-Cola with BEVERLY COKE from Ice Station Cool....I'd be ed too...

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Re: Re: if it's the spirit of Norway you seek ... look to the seas

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

That poor polar bear is so ed off because someone switched his bottle of Coca-Cola with BEVERLY COKE from Ice Station Cool....I'd be ed too...

LMAO :lol:

Nut4Disney

I love the movie, and I think that is brilliantly done. It always makes me want to get on a plane and go to Oslo or something. I wish that our country showed half as much nationalism as Norway shows.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Nut4Disney
I love the movie, and I think that is brilliantly done. It always makes me want to get on a plane and go to Oslo or something. I wish that our country showed half as much nationalism as Norway shows.

Reason why we don't is that we can't. But this is not the place for that kind of discussion, so I won't get started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom