Maelstrom refurbished!

MickeyPeace

The attraction never went down for refurb so when did this happen.

Regardless,write a thank you letter to George K if you appreciate the refurbs. Let him know you appreciate his influence.

aladdin2007

The attraction never went down for refurb so when did this happen.

Regardless,write a thank you letter to George K if you appreciate the refurbs. Let him know you appreciate his influence.

Still trying to figure that one out myself, we need some pics. What about the dusty old flowers/plants in the fjord scene? and the wall above the drop that was loaded with mildew/black soot?

luv

I like to give Disney credit where I can, but "lack of mold" isn't something I can cheer about. Those tiles should not have become smelly, water-logged and moldy...or left in that condition for so long.

It was DISGUSTING and it is high time they cleaned it up. It's the least they could do and IMO, they deserve no credit for freaking mold remediation.

I do look forward to a mold-free, non-smelly ride, though. Finally.

I hope they have some air conditioning to prevent more mold.

Maelstrom Troll

I'm so glad to hear that some maintenance has finally been done to one off favorite theme weather rides ever. I can't wait to see the changes when I visit in December. As far as the mold or mildew near the drop, that area may get too much outside warmth to fully prevent the mildew from forming. I'm not sure I'm excited about brighter lighting during the ride, but I will withhold my opinions until I see it in person. Thanks to the OP for the excellent update! I love your attention to detail.

Thrill

This ride has the most depressing ending. From awesome adventures with Vikings, trolls, and bears to.... BP oil refineries?

This is one of the greatest theme park moments ever. It's the greatest surprise anywhere in a theme park. Dinosaurs jump out at you on Dinosaur or Jurassic Park, but you expect that to happen. Maelstrom never tips its hand; a first time rider will never see that ending coming.

Sped2424

Don't hold your breath. I'd predict an Imagination refurb before WoL. WoL is pretty firmly entrenched as convention/festival space.

thats a shame however I am all for an imagination pavillion overhaul if they can bring it back to its glory with technology an imaginative innovation Id be more than happy. I really just want to walk through a rainbow tunnel guys. However please keep phineas and ferb out of it, those characters are already starting to die down in popularity and basing that entire pavillion on a tv franchise wont keep it fresh for more than 4 years tops.

Tim_4

thats a shame however I am all for an imagination pavillion overhaul if they can bring it back to its glory with technology an imaginative innovation Id be more than happy. I really just want to walk through a rainbow tunnel guys. However please keep phineas and ferb out of it, those characters are already starting to die down in popularity and basing that entire pavillion on a tv franchise wont keep it fresh for more than 4 years tops.
I actually really like the rotating schedule of festivals at Epcot. It keeps things fresh, especially for locals, and keeping things fresh is a very Epcot-y thing to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom