Mad Tea Party closing January 7th for 6 week refurbishment.

lnsemsf

Original Poster
Just wanted to let anybody who is/may be visiting in January/February that the Mad Tea Party will be down from Jan 7th-Feb 18th. It's not on the main site yet, but on their site available to travel agents. Hope no vacations are "ruined" by this information.

afar28

This is good news for me. When I went on it in August (I went on twice) the steering wheel was loosing its shine and it looks stained and was sticky, in both teacups I went in. Their were also stains on the sides of the cups and it was kinda icky.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The roof was replaced in 2010 mid year. This is from Deb Willis' trip report.
http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/2010/05/magic_kingdom_walk_around_1.html
mkmay9.jpg

Neverland

I doubt the glass Paris roof simply because it would get gross and might be potentially dangerous in Florida's hurricane weather. Also, I get the feeling we'd all be like really hot ants under a magnifying glass in the Florida sun under there. But this is good news, because the turntable really, really needs to be painted and something's gotta be done about the jerky brakes. I don't think the roof will play into the refurb at all; I'm pretty sure the Paris roof was planned, but we got a new permanent wooden one instead, probably because of environmental problems.

jdmdisney99

I always thought the latest version that went in looked like a place-holder so I would not be suprised. It certainly is not currently to the same standard as the rest of what is happening in FL.

Relatively small investment that would boost aesthetics dramatically.
I'm just speaking my opinion, but am I the only one who thinks they should put a sort of wooden, thatched hut roof? The tea party in Alice In Wonderland does take place in the forest and Pooh is also considered part of the Fantasyland Forest (Hundred Acre Woods) ...

TDF

FP+ and a new roof… sounds interesting. In all seriousness though what about nextgen? Now i’m just pushing it… anyway I am sorta ashamed to say I have never ridden it and probably never will, spinning rides just don’t agree with me. On the subject of the roof though, what about theming in with the surrounding areas… I always felt like it was out of place.
- Justin

jdmdisney99

FP+ and a new roof… sounds interesting. In all seriousness though what about nextgen? Now i’m just pushing it… anyway I am sorta ashamed to say I have never ridden it and probably never will, spinning rides just don’t agree with me. On the subject of the roof though, what about theming in with the surrounding areas… I always felt like it was out of place.
- Justin
I already put how I think they should do the roof in my post above yours, but they could just add more foliage to block the view from Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom