M.V.M.C.P. Yey or Ney?

EaglesfanNJ

Ok so before you answer.... Some facts:
We have never been to the a World during Christmastime. We have been numerous times during Fall and have done MNSSHP several times, which we loved.
We are 2 adults, 1 child age 6, 1 child age 3.
Our only time to see it would be the very first party of this season as we check out on November 8th, based on what I see online, history says it will be a sell out.
We are interested in the parade, the fireworks and unique characters, but not interested in dropping $250 to do so only to be met with absurd wait times and walls and walls of people.

So there you have it. Give me your unbiased and honest opinion. Don't bother??? Try it at least once?? We need your help!

Thanks!!

Tinkerbella16

Went to the first party last year for our first time and yes it was sold out but oh my, it was the highlight of our whole trip!! The only time it felt crowded was walking down on Main Street.. other than that, we did not experience wall to wall crowds and believe me, I was worried about the same things before the trip! There were never any lines for hot cocoa and cookies- they moved super fast! No lines for rides and we got a great spot for the first parade and another great spot for fireworks afterwards. It was truly so much fun that I had to buy tickets for this year too! Just got them yesterday in the mail!

Upvote 0

EaglesfanNJ

Original Poster
Went to the first party last year for our first time and yes it was sold out but oh my, it was the highlight of our whole trip!! The only time it felt crowded was walking down on Main Street.. other than that, we did not experience wall to wall crowds and believe me, I was worried about the same things before the trip! There were never any lines for hot cocoa and cookies- they moved super fast! No lines for rides and we got a great spot for the first parade and another great spot for fireworks afterwards. It was truly so much fun that I had to buy tickets for this year too! Just got them yesterday in the mail!

This is great to hear thank you Tink. It sounds like it's something we need to try at least once and take it from there.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We did it back in 2010, and while I'm glad we tried it, I wouldn't do it again. I prefer seeing Holiday Wishes from outside the park since you get a better view of the perimeter effects. The parade was fun and the cookies and cocoa were good, but not for that $. The lines for the characters were all insane, so we just didn't bother. Still, it might be worth trying it once just to form your own opinion. Even if we probably won't do it again, I'm glad we tried it and know from our own personal experiences.

Upvote 0

4401DisneyMom

The extra dollars do make it a hard decision sometimes but we've done it twice now and would definitely do it again. SO much fun and a wonderful way to kick off the holiday season. We have also done the Halloween party and found the crowds and wait times much higher at that event. Throw caution (and your budget) to the wind and enjoy!

Upvote 0

EaglesfanNJ

Original Poster
The extra dollars do make it a hard decision sometimes but we've done it twice now and would definitely do it again. SO much fun and a wonderful way to kick off the holiday season. We have also done the Halloween party and found the crowds and wait times much higher at that event. Throw caution (and your budget) to the wind and enjoy!
This....

Great point about throwing budget to the wind. I mean we are already dropping X amount on flights and the vacation itself at that point why not drop the extra to experience it just once.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I understand best time is November - but before Thanksgiving - and the 1st 2 weeks in December - before the kids get out of school. Haven't done it yet, but plan to go in early December - I want to see it snow in Orlando.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom