Lucasfilms and Disney vs Amy schumer.

Sped2424

Original Poster
It appears the comedian recently posted a couple of Photos for GQ that the company is not happy with at all. For those still reading these are pretty okay but they are on the racey side, you were warned.
amy-schumer-gq-photo-shoot.jpg

1345159885615918483.jpg

1345159885669461395.jpg

1345159885959598739.jpg

In the last one she is well putting a lightsaber in her mouth, by canon shouldn't there by a huge hole in her cheek? Lol Anyways reason why I am posting this is because Disney is clearly not to happy with the shoot.
tumblr_nroalnHZCk1rb3d4bo1_1280.png

So the question remains does this photo shoot fall under fair use since it's a parody? Or are the lawyers getting ready? Either way I never really found Amy Schumer to be that funny felt she clinged to shock value more than actual humor half the time.

KeithVH

Pretty tame compared to cosplayers dressed the same way. And before you say "she's making money, they're not", think again. And cosplayers definitely aren't parody.

So it's OK for them but not for her. I call Bravo Sierra.

Tempest in a teapot . . .

flynnibus

Premium Member
Pretty tame compared to cosplayers dressed the same way. And before you say "she's making money, they're not", think again. And cosplayers definitely aren't parody.

So it's OK for them but not for her. I call Bravo Sierra.

Tempest in a teapot . . .

I don't see many cosplayers doing fake oral sex in their poses... Nor are they on the front cover of a national head lining magazine.

There is a lot to said about how much exposure and publicity is on the line when comparing things and people's reactions. I'm sure many nerds have played out far dirtier things in their homes... Or backyards.. But they aren't on the cover of gq

KeithVH

I know what you're saying but . . . I would post some ComicCon pics as examples (especially a couple of Deadpool crossovers) but I'd be banned in a heartbeat.:eek:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I know what you're saying but . . . I would post some ComicCon pics as examples (especially a couple of Deadpool crossovers) but I'd be banned in a heartbeat.:eek:
It boils down to Disney can't worry about what people do in isolation... But put it up on the cover of newsstands as a commercial entity and don't be shocked if you get more scrutiny. Exposure...

Matt7187

I really don't care about the photos, I just don't like that's she is all over the place right now. I know she has her new movie out now and all, but what's the hype? I just don't really think she is that funny, most of her jokes seem to be by embarrassing herself/making others upset. The only reasons I'd see train wreck is because:
1. It's Appatow
2. Bill Hader
3. LeBron is supposed to be funny

Not a big Amy Schumer fan to say the least

Tony Perkis

I really don't care about the photos, I just don't like that's she is all over the place right now. I know she has her new movie out now and all, but what's the hype? I just don't really think she is that funny, most of her jokes seem to be by embarrassing herself/making others upset. The only reasons I'd see train wreck is because:
1. It's Appatow
2. Bill Hader
3. LeBron is supposed to be funny

Not a big Amy Schumer fan to say the least
It's hysterical. The best comedy of the year. And she/her screenplay is a huge reason why.

PhotoDave219

While falling under parody, I see this as Disney "protecting their brand"..... also likely GQ came up with it and Schumer just went along with it.

Tho that Stormtrooper kickline is hillarious.

KeithVH

Disney should be running out and deleting the inappropriate photos then of Carrie Fisher being assaulted by Chewie or her embrace of C-3PO. I mean, that's an actual star of the films in pictures not much different from GQ's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom