LSU Fans...

bgraham34

I started seeing all the LSU fans last Saturday. I could not believe how many there were. 1-20 people had to have a LSU shirt.

Erin_Akey

We were there at the same time and yes many leave Louisiana and Mobile, AL for Mardi Gras break.

We live in Mobile. I was amazed at how many of my kids' classmates were there as well. It was like the Baker High School reunion. It was great becuase my two teens got to spend time with their buddies who were also on Mardi Gras break.

We had to educate MANY on the origins of Mardi Gras while we were there. Most think it started in New Orleans!

R W B

Up North, kids get a week off for Presidents Day, here in south Louisiana we get Mardi Gras week off (apparently Mobile,Al does too). I know of alot of friends/family that were in Disney this past week. I even heard of a couple school bands/dance/cheer teams going on school field trips to WDW this past week. Only difference is, Mardi Gras moves every year.

We had to educate MANY on the origins of Mardi Gras while we were there. Most think it started in New Orleans!
I know it started there but I also know Mobile was too boring to keep it there....I kid I kid, lol.

Larry Mondello said:
When you see one of them it is common courtesy to walk up to them and say "Roll Tide"
:ROFLOL:You all can say whatever you like aslong as we (LSU) keep winning on the field, lol.

Seriously though, those ESPN "Roll Tide" commercials are absolutely hilarious, lol.

UrbanDonovan

Wait, I'm not sure I understand. Because you're a gator it bothered you what other people were wearing or you're just curious?

Maybe it bothered him because, in my experience, LSU fans are the most irritatingly obnoxious fans in all of Christendom.

No offense to any Tiger fans who might be on these boards. I have just had many, MANY bad experiences in my years of southern intercollegiate sports following. :)

Erin_Akey

Up North, kids get a week off for Presidents Day, here in south Louisiana we get Mardi Gras week off (apparently Mobile,Al does too). I know of alot of friends/family that were in Disney this past week. I even heard of a couple school bands/dance/cheer teams going on school field trips to WDW this past week. Only difference is, Mardi Gras moves every year.

I know it started there but I also know Mobile was too boring to keep it there....I kid I kid, lol.

:ROFLOL:You all can say whatever you like aslong as we (LSU) keep winning on the field, lol.

Seriously though, those ESPN "Roll Tide" commercials are absolutely hilarious, lol.

Actually- we still have a HUGE Mardi Gras here that draws a TON of tourists who want something a little less crowded and with more of a family friendly atmosphere. I was born and raised in NOLA and LOVE the one here a lot more. It is basically all of the pageantry of the NOLA one without the drunks and Bourbon Street! You should come check it out sometime. My husband is in one of the older organizations and we LOVE it.

I rode in NOLA for years and the biggest difference is that the routes are little longer there. My dad was in Endymion for years.

Actually, if you are familiar with Comus- one of the two founders here moved to NOLA and started COmus. That is how New Orleans got started.

In New Orleans- Rex king and queen are considered king and queen of mardi gras- here it is the king and queen of MCA- Mobile Carnival Assoc.

Pretty cool stuff. I HAD NO IDEA until I moved here six years ago!

Disney Rocks

Maybe it bothered him because, in my experience, LSU fans are the most irritatingly obnoxious fans in all of Christendom.

No offense to any Tiger fans who might be on these boards. I have just had many, MANY bad experiences in my years of southern intercollegiate sports following. :)
Some LSU fans seem to feel the same way about Florida fans, but in my experiences, you all are some of the most hospitable fans I've seen, except for gametime, of course. ;)

DancingPhoenix

It is Mardi Gras and school is out. One lady told me that the whole state of Louisianna comes to WDW during Mardis Gras.

I can totally believe that, I've never seen so many people from once place in another place in my life! So many matching t-shirts too, I was happy to not be matching 15 other people.

(I was also in WDW this past week)

Texas84

I love wearing my Texas Longhorn gear to the World. It's the only place you can get along with Aggies and Sooners. :lol:

Horizons1

There's a lot of obnoxious gator fans too. Yea, congrats on the national championships, but it's time to get over it.

pintraderpayee

It is Mardi Gras and school is out. One lady told me that the whole state of Louisianna comes to WDW during Mardis Gras.
I wish!! We North Louisianans only got two days out this year:cry: We usually have Mardi Gras in the Mountains in Red River, NM (Go figure the Louisianans who aren't at WDW at Mardi Gras are skiing in Northern New Mexico) and Easter at WDW. So many places, so few uncrowded holidays!!

44 days until we are Orlando bound for Grad Nite 2011:sohappy:

pintraderpayee

400000184166MS

I forgot.....Geaux Tigers.....long live Death Valley!!!!!:goodnevil

eastvillage

Yes, it's really more like 10 months. Made for people who got their bachelors in business.

Nice! I got my undergrad degree in business at UF (Finance and Economics) and looked a bit into the 1 year MBA program. I ended up in grad school at NYU.

Loved my time in Gainesville! Hope you enjoy it!

When you see one of them it is common courtesy to walk up to them and say "Roll Tide"

Haaa! Too funny. :lol:

R W B

Not even going to respond to the Gator fan who's user name may be inspired by the former Gator coach "Urban" Meyer, has a UF inspired avatar, who's location is "the Swamp" (UF's football stadium) and who's signature when compared to others has HUGE Text in it calling non Florida fans GATOR BAIT, but yet LSU fans are irritatingly obnoxious????

Sry, had to point those out :D:lol::ROFLOL:

Actually- we still have a HUGE Mardi Gras here that draws a TON of tourists who want something a little less crowded and with more of a family friendly atmosphere. I was born and raised in NOLA and LOVE the one here a lot more. It is basically all of the pageantry of the NOLA one without the drunks and Bourbon Street! You should come check it out sometime. My husband is in one of the older organizations and we LOVE it.

I rode in NOLA for years and the biggest difference is that the routes are little longer there. My dad was in Endymion for years.

Actually, if you are familiar with Comus- one of the two founders here moved to NOLA and started COmus. That is how New Orleans got started.

In New Orleans- Rex king and queen are considered king and queen of mardi gras- here it is the king and queen of MCA- Mobile Carnival Assoc.

Pretty cool stuff. I HAD NO IDEA until I moved here six years ago!
I new it started there and new it still went on, just didnt think it was still a big event there. As a younger NOLA local, even I stay away from the Quarter during Mardi Gras. Shoulder to shoulder room full of drunk obnoxious tourist, unless I have access to a balcony, no thanks, i'll stay in Metairie, lol.

I know people say Comus is the oldest and started it all, just didnt know how.

It seems as if they are trying to compact Mardi Gras here into a 2 week event. Metairie didnt have any weekday parades besides on Lundi and Mardi Gras. I just might have to visit there one year and see the difference. It would be nice for something different.

Pioneer Hall

Nice! I got my undergrad degree in business at UF (Finance and Economics) and looked a bit into the 1 year MBA program. I ended up in grad school at NYU.

Loved my time in Gainesville! Hope you enjoy it!

Haaa! Too funny. :lol:

I'm doing the opposite...work in NY now and want to get down south.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom