Low Hanging Fruit

Smiley/OCD

That's exactly my point. Lines for SoC in two theaters would be very long, and the line for SatW would probably be a fraction of SoC. As Disney comes to realize how unpopular SatW is, hopefully they'll scrap it and just return it to SoC in all theaters. But it's a win-win-win. Those of us who dearly miss SoC would get to experience it again, since it's FAR SUPERIOR. I personally would prefer to wait an extra 30+ mins for the better film. Those who still like SatW or like shorter lines would get to experience that. And Disney wins because they admitted that a recent "upgrade" was anything but, and they're listening to their customers. I'd have a ton of respect for them if they did that.

Exactly.

To another response that they feel SatW should stay in Epcot, and SoC should be in California... I understand your logic since EPCOT is about the world, yada, yada. I would agree if SatW didn't s&ck so bad. Unfortunately it's awful, so I'd rather have the superior film in EPCOT... you know, the one that gives people chills and almost always ends in applause and cheering. Who wants to see an inferior film just because it fits the theme? Poor execution makes the attraction inferior to what it once was.

That said, I have to say that this is just the popular opinion, that SatW is inferior in every way to SoC. That doesn't mean some of us won't also like it, or even prefer it. I'm not trying to change opinions if someone prefers SatW. Just staying my own opinion, and the one that seems to prevail on these boards. Of course not everyone will
That's exactly my point. Lines for SoC in two theaters would be very long, and the line for SatW would probably be a fraction of SoC. As Disney comes to realize how unpopular SatW is, hopefully they'll scrap it and just return it to SoC in all theaters. But it's a win-win-win. Those of us who dearly miss SoC would get to experience it again, since it's FAR SUPERIOR. I personally would prefer to wait an extra 30+ mins for the better film. Those who still like SatW or like shorter lines would get to experience that. And Disney wins because they admitted that a recent "upgrade" was anything but, and they're listening to their customers. I'd have a ton of respect for them if they did that.

Exactly.

To another response that they feel SatW should stay in Epcot, and SoC should be in California... I understand your logic since EPCOT is about the world, yada, yada. I would agree if SatW didn't s&ck so bad. Unfortunately it's awful, so I'd rather have the superior film in EPCOT... you know, the one that gives people chills and almost always ends in applause and cheering. Who wants to see an inferior film just because it fits the theme? Poor execution makes the attraction inferior to what it once was.

That said, I have to say that this is just the popular opinion, that SatW is inferior in every way to SoC. That doesn't mean some of us won't also like it, or even prefer it. I'm not trying to change opinions if someone prefers SatW. Just staying my own opinion, and the one that seems to prevail on these boards. Of course not everyone will agree.

Exactly.

That said, I have to say that this is just the popular opinion, that SatW is inferior in every way to SoC. That doesn't mean some of us won't also like it, or even prefer it. I'm not trying to change opinions if someone prefers SatW. Just staying my own opinion, and the one that seems to prevail on these boards. Of course not everyone will agree.
Just sit an imagineer or a person on the film team to watch it in real time and see just how bad the film is with the “bent effects” I’m sure it can be corrected with CGI…add some of the WS countries in the new version…if that can’t be done, all 3 SOC. I agree, the world version is horrible.

Pepper's Ghost

Just sit an imagineer or a person on the film team to watch it in real time and see just how bad the film is with the “bent effects” I’m sure it can be corrected with CGI…add some of the WS countries in the new version…if that can’t be done, all 3 SOC. I agree, the world version is horrible.
With respect, I actually don't think it can be fixed. The problem is the massive curved screen which they can't adjust to be correct from every angle. The reason SoC worked so well is there weren't many (or any really) straight lines to notice the bend. Once you introduce straight lines onto a curved screen, from different angles it looks twisted, literally.

Smiley/OCD

With respect, I actually don't think it can be fixed. The problem is the massive curved screen which they can't adjust to be correct from every angle. The reason SoC worked so well is there weren't many (or any really) straight lines to notice the bend. Once you introduce straight lines onto a curved screen, from different angles it looks twisted, literally.
Then I guess it might be time to do what we both want…SOC back to Epcot😀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom