Lousy Weather Next Two Weeks

ISUBob

Is the weather as bad down there as it looks? Is it true they're calling for rain the next two weeks? I'm worried our trip June 9-16 will be a washout. Anyone in the know on this?

Gail Hayden

ISUBob said:
Is the weather as bad down there as it looks? Is it true they're calling for rain the next two weeks? I'm worried our trip June 9-16 will be a washout. Anyone in the know on this?

I would not ever bank on a weather forecast. They change minute to minute. Usually the rain is a brief shower or Thunderstorm. I will be there the 8th-15th and Accuweather is calling for humid, sun and showers, not a lot of rain. Grab a poncho and have fun.http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecas...dc=0&traveler=1&zipcode=34741&fday=6&metric=0

Upvote 0

RedBaron

I just checked the weather channel and the weather does not look promising, but dont loose hope. Some of these storms will start out strong and end quickly and the sun will be out. I have been there before when it rained all day every day (ironically it stopped every evening so we got to watch the fireworks). Even if it does rain a lot, just get a poncho and keep going. It will still be fun. Dont let it ruin your trip.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

MICKEY YELLOW RAIN PONCHOS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea I know they are clear now, but I spent half my honeymoon in a yellow Mickey rain poncho so they will always have a special place in my heart.

Don't worry about the weather. It's summer. It rains every day in Florida at 3pm. You can almost set your watch by it. The rain will help keep the crowds down in the theme parks, especially if it's later in the afternoon. People will go back to the resort for a nap. Just bring comfortable shoes that can dry out quickly.

Upvote 0

ypcat

Just say no to WDW ponchos, buy them before you need them. We got ours for .99 at the drug store at home. Impressed the bus driver because we had different color than everyone else.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I thought the same thing before I went on my trip. The weather channel was saying there was a decent chance for rain each day (decent meaning somewhere around 40-50%) and truthfully, it only rained one day the entire trip and that was for 20 minutes or less. So don't believe what the weather says. Just relax and have a good time and hey, if it rains, well, most rides are inside, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Upvote 0

tampabrad

Florida weather during the summer months (June-August) is pretty much the same every day. Hot, humid, and a chance of rain. Normally it will rain between 3:00-5:00pm. Lately, we have been getting late night/early morning storms.

Crowds tend to lighten up a bit during the rain, but the storms are usually so short, it really doesn't matter. Plus most attractions are inside or covered.

As someone who can go to the parks any day of the year, I usually stay away during the summer. More so, because of the heat and humidity, not the rain.

One suggestion: Buy ponchos or rain gear at home (in a color other than yellow or clear.) Not only will you save money, but in a sea of clear and yellow ponchos, it is much easier to find your family and friends in red, blue, or other colors.

Upvote 0

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
Illuminations at Epcot is fantastic during a thunderstorm, one of my best memories. I had a great view as well as pretty much everyone had gone leaving all the normally reserved viewing areas open.

Bad weather can be good!

Upvote 0

mandib

Just popping in to say I'll be there the 8th-17th! I'm not worried about the weather. I love the rain and thunderstorms. :lol: Have a good trip!

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

We go every year in either June, July, or August. It always says 40-60% chance of rain...and it usually does rain in the late afternoon. No worries! People tend to run out of the parks when it rains. :drevil: :drevil: All the better for those of us who stay. Just carry your poncho every day and remember that most rides are inside! I will be there June 9-17. Look for me in the clear Mickey Poncho!!! :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

kp4310

Don't pay any attention to what the weather channel says. When we went May 17th through the 23rd, they called for anywhere from a 30-60% chance of rain everyday. Ended up the only day we had rain was the first day for about 30-60 minutes while we were eating dinner and that was it.

Kim

Upvote 0

BadTigger

Weather from now till mid august is crazy in florida. It will rain everyday, how much rain is the big question, a quick 5 min drizzle or a long rain storm, and the other craziness is that it might rain at Magic Kingdom but not rain at any other parks. Usally late afternoon is rain time, when you feel the humidy go up crazy then expect some rain.

Upvote 0

nemobruce

To everyone who does not live in Florida, it can rain at anytime Between June 1st and November 20, even with the sun out and no clouds. It can rain on one side of the street and not the other. But on a more positive note when people run for their hotels run for the rides

Upvote 0

captcanada

nemobruce said:
To everyone who does not live in Florida, it can rain at anytime Between June 1st and November 20, even with the sun out and no clouds. It can rain on one side of the street and not the other. But on a more positive note when people run for their hotels run for the rides

I have to agree 100%!
When I went last may (of 04), it rained every day, really really hard, for all of 15 minutes. And I got pretty soaked. And then the rain stopped and I was dry again within about 10 minutes (if that). It really was something to experience. I kinda liked it :)

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

ypcat said:
Just say no to WDW ponchos, buy them before you need them. We got ours for .99 at the drug store at home. Impressed the bus driver because we had different color than everyone else.

I have been using my AK poncho for better than 4 years now. I use it, hang it to dry, fold it well and it simply lasts. The .99 ones are generally a toss away after one use, I would rather use a trash bag, it would be less expensive.

Upvote 0

Figment1986

Appearently Orlando got Tampa's weather.. and Tampa keeps getting rain during the dark.. so their is always a chance during the summer months for rain.. (just watch out.. cause i fear Africa..)

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Hehe, I just made my own day.

I was reading the weather because I gotta be over-yonder today, and it said winds "SSE 8mph" and instead of "south-south-east" I momentarily thought it said "spaceship earth 8 mph" like the wind would be coming off ot the ball at roughly that speed.

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

Don't feel too bad about the weather. Rain in WDW can be really fun. I'm getting married on Saturday (and then going on my WDW honeymoon!) and it's rained all week with a forecast for more rain this weekend. Oh well. I'm just going to make the best of it. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom