Louisiana Proud

Debbie

Originally posted by WDW1971
LOL

It's a big turn-on to watch women eat crawfish...:eek: :animwink: :lol:

LOL so that's why Don always wants to have crawfish boils!?

WDW1971- what La. town are you from? I'm from Algiers and Don is from Boutte.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by Lovecraft
I just bought some of the ingredients today to make corn and crab bisque later this wekk. I am dying for some.

Ironically, the best bisque I have had was a Lobster bisque at a Ruth Criss in the Lafayette area.

tigsmom

Originally posted by Lovecraft
I just bought some of the ingredients today to make corn and crab bisque later this wekk. I am dying for some.

OK this sounds yummy. Care to share the recipe? :wave:

wdwhoneymooner

Boy do I miss lobster........the price down here in Atlanta is around $10/lb. I used to go to this little place in Boston and was able to get three lobsters (around 1 lb/ea) for $10. It was a dish not on the regular menu, you had to know the restaurant offered it.

Last time DW and I had some was @ Fulton's at Downtown Disney. Anyone in New England want to send some down?

Lovecraft

Originally posted by tigsmom
OK this sounds yummy. Care to share the recipe? :wave:

I won't mind sharing the recipe at all! I am going to have to write down exactly what I do when I do it so I can get the measurements right for the ingredients though.

I will be sure to post it here though. (I also sometimes substitute shrimp for corn -- but still use the water from boiled ears of corn) so I will post it however it is I wind up doing it and add notes about modifications you can make.

The stuff is soooooo good. Oh man, my mouth is watering for it right now.

Dang, now I am hungry.

WDW1971

Originally posted by Debbie
LOL so that's why Don always wants to have crawfish boils!?

WDW1971- what La. town are you from? I'm from Algiers and Don is from Boutte.

I grew up in the Florida Parishes area...east of Baton Rouge in a town called Greensburg. I'm not from Acadiana, but my dad is from over near Fort Polk...a little place called Sugartown.

Lovecraft

I lived in Metairie, Mandeville and Abita Springs (Florida parishes as well).

I have family in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Hammond, Abita Springs and Mandeville.

I am the only member of my immediate family here in Florida now, but have cousins in south Florida (south beach area) and lots from my father's side in Virginia Beach, VA

1disneydood

This is a great thread. :)

One thing about N.O. vs. other places is one time when I was in Atlanta for a carshow. Well everyone was at the hotel for the evening, sitting in the parking lot getting drunk. So I ran out of beer. I slipped away to get more beer and freaked out when I was told at the gas station that they couldn't sell the beer in their cooler because it was after midnight. :lol: It stinks to not be able to buy alcolhol whenever you want. What's the reason for that anyway?

Another funny thing is when "other paces" celebrate Mardi Gras. It's so clean and family oriented at other places. :lol: Not here, that's for sure. :lookaroun

And I can remember the first time I was at an out of town parade. I was like "why aren't they throwing beads?" :lol: As a matter of fact, why aren't they throwing cocontus, spears, panties, or doubloons? :eek:

LSUxStitch

1disneydood said:
This is a great thread. :)

One thing about N.O. vs. other places is one time when I was in Atlanta for a carshow. Well everyone was at the hotel for the evening, sitting in the parking lot getting drunk. So I ran out of beer. I slipped away to get more beer and freaked out when I was told at the gas station that they couldn't sell the beer in their cooler because it was after midnight. :lol: It stinks to not be able to buy alcolhol whenever you want. What's the reason for that anyway?

Or being able to walk freely on the streets with alcohol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom