Lots of rooms have opened up ...

MissViv

Original Poster
Seems like the availability at Wilderness Lodge has improved for our upcoming trip in Feb.

I have been checking every day to see if I can better my upcoming trip at Yacht Club and always check WL. Usually there is only a king bed available to fireworks view but this morning all rooms have become available even with the florida discount rate. Wonder why?

Did they open up new rooms or cancellations?

I decided to keep YC because I have never stayed there and stayed at WL several times in the past few years. Just wondering what is going on.

JIMINYCR

Could be a combination of both. People are reconsidering some trips due to fear of the virus still being present and Disney is preparing for an influx of guests coming in for the usual Feb. vacations get aways with the kids or guests who travel to WDW to escape from the wintery north.

MissViv

Original Poster
True, I have been rethinking my trip too but I am really wanting to go and now is as good a time as any. I cancelled a previous trip last Oct. because of the virus but I think the virus is here to stay and I like the low crowds (hopefully) and cooler, not too HOT weather. So ... still planning on going at this time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
True, I have been rethinking my trip too but I am really wanting to go and now is as good a time as any. I cancelled a previous trip last Oct. because of the virus but I think the virus is here to stay and I like the low crowds (hopefully) and cooler, not too HOT weather. So ... still planning on going at this time.
The low crowds are gone…they may return in the winter spike.

still not the wisest time to travel…however. Unless you’ve lost people due to infection or have long haul…you can’t dismiss the virus impact. So therefore I will not.

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Could be a combination of both. People are reconsidering some trips due to fear of the virus still being present and Disney is preparing for an influx of guests coming in for the usual Feb. vacations get aways with the kids or guests who travel to WDW to escape from the wintery north.
We are those people who are the "usual FEb. vacations getaway to escape the wintery north". LOL.
But we are also the big family who is not going to WDW this year, or maybe never if they don't change their ways under this money grabbing administration at WDW. We will get away from the snow and cold by going to Arizona this year with a possible CAlifornia trip to DL and other sites.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

We are those people who are the "usual FEb. vacations getaway to escape the wintery north". LOL.
But we are also the big family who is not going to WDW this year, or maybe never if they don't change their ways under this money grabbing administration at WDW. We will get away from the snow and cold by going to Arizona this year with a possible CAlifornia trip to DL and other sites.
Jimmy is 100% addicted to “magic”…right Jim?

and there’s no narcan for that 💉

Raxel7851

we booked november for POFQ. if things go south again, we’ll just cancel
We stayed at POFQ for Christmas. It seemed like the resort was a less than 50% capacity, maybe even as low as 25%. The Food Court was only semi-busy for breakfast, we never had to stand during any bus ride, buses were never more than a 15 minute wait. We took walks down to Riverside as well, and it wasn’t crowded either. We felt very comfortable there. Now the parks were a totally different story. But since we’ve been to WDW many times, we limited our time in the park, but still had an enjoyable trip. Everyone has different expectations.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We stayed at POFQ for Christmas. It seemed like the resort was a less than 50% capacity, maybe even as low as 25%. The Food Court was only semi-busy for breakfast, we never had to stand during any bus ride, buses were never more than a 15 minute wait. We took walks down to Riverside as well, and it wasn’t crowded either. We felt very comfortable there. Now the parks were a totally different story. But since we’ve been to WDW many times, we limited our time in the park, but still had an enjoyable trip. Everyone has different expectations.
Most of them still have rooms in mothballs and won’t open them until demand far exceeds supply.

which is why I’m skeptical of all these “it’s super packed” and “I can’t find a room” posts. Numbers don’t equate

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Most of them still have rooms in mothballs and won’t open them until demand far exceeds supply.

which is why I’m skeptical of all these “it’s super packed” and “I can’t find a room” posts. Numbers don’t equate

Its been packed in the parks as they have filled their quotas with fewer experiences to swallow crowds. So people stand around :)

Diamond Dot

I've just paid off my trip for March, Virgin are allowing people to change dates, but, my trip will be going ahead and I'll only not go if the borders are closed again or Disney shuts the parks like they have done in Hong Kong. I've decided to avoid public places like supermarkets for a week before I have to take the Covid test required before I fly out, I'm taking no chances despite being a mask wearer/hand washer/ social distancer. It'll be two and a half years since I've gone anywhere, so I'm ridiculously excited. I checked the seating map for my flight and the plane is less than half full, but, I'm expecting that to change because I think people may start booking last minute trips from the UK/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom